Celtics vs. Heat 10/30/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Heat 10/30/12

What game are YOU watching to surmise that the Celtics are NOT playing like crap?  That is the best description for their play tonight.

KG is giving us nothing.  Green is giving us nothing.  The worst thing I see is our defense is terribly lacking.  This isn't about having new guys either.  When you look at Miami having Ray, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Chalmers and Bosh on the court and they extend their lead.

We got Ray and Lewis executing the perfect pick and roll.  Rashard Lewis posting up Green and easily scoring.  Chalmers easily getting past Rondo for a dish and dunk to Bosh.  We have to step it up.

I like what I see in Bass, Pierce and Rondo.  I also like Terry's intensity and Lee's game.  Wow, Barbosa is quick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now, too many new pieces for the C's.  Cohesiveness will improve,  IMO that's a given.

Green still looks  not ready for primetime.  He better snap out of  it or we'll see a ton  of "I miss Perki" threads again.

[/QUOTE]

even if green plays well, that was still one of the dumbest trades ive ever seen

[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding with that crap... Perkins first of all wanted way too much money and would have left ... secondly he would make little or no difference on this team... he is mediocre at best

[/QUOTE]

considering the celtics dont have a true center, yes he would.

[/QUOTE]

Ha... true center? who has that other than one or two teams and in case you havent noticed the team that won it all last year did not have a true center...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

at least barbosa is playing well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is the first game.  Wish it had gone better, but we have 81 to go.  Only thing is Green stunk tonight and Ray played well.  KG looks like he will need help this year and we don't have anyone on that bench who can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right now, too many new pieces for the C's.  Cohesiveness will improve,  IMO that's a given.

Green still looks  not ready for primetime.  He better snap out of  it or we'll see a ton  of "I miss Perki" threads again.

[/QUOTE]

even if green plays well, that was still one of the dumbest trades ive ever seen

[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding with that crap... Perkins first of all wanted way too much money and would have left ... secondly he would make little or no difference on this team... he is mediocre at best

[/QUOTE]

considering the celtics dont have a true center, yes he would.

[/QUOTE]

Ha... true center? who has that other than one or two teams and in case you havent noticed the team that won it all last year did not have a true center...

[/QUOTE]

exactly, we would have an advantage with a true center because the heat dont have one....i believe jeff green can be good....but imo that perkins trade was awful and seemed almost forced.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

They've scored 31 points in each of the first 3 quarters.  GAME right there.  If we cannot play better defensively, it doesn't matter what we do offensively.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They've scored 31 points in each of the first 3 quarters.  GAME right there.  If we cannot play better defensively, it doesn't matter what we do offensively.

[/QUOTE]

yep....at least it is only the first game, but the team doesnt look too good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Barbosa ... just another Celtic weapon!

Anyone who says that the Heat aren't playing at the top of their game is delusional. Lebron and Wade and Ray are simply not missing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who says that the Heat aren't playing at the top of their game is delusional. Lebron and Wade and Ray are simply not missing

[/QUOTE]

ray is playing at the top of his game, the other two are not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ray is playing at the top of his game, the other two are not

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, what game are you watching?? Lebron has 26 pts 10 rebounds 3 asst and 2 steals..Wade has 20 pts in 27 mins!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't think that any amount of practice would have prepared the Celts for a team that thrives playing at this pace.  Yes, some players are looking lost.  But I expect it to get much better.  A little disappointed with Green's effort.  He is just playing too timid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Again guys, its the first game with a team that has quite a few changes. We're playing against the best team in the league. Anybody think the heat won't win 65-70 games?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Rondo T in the 4th.  Paging Pud.  Paging Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

damn wade straight elbowed rondo and no call

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo T in the 4th.  Paging Pud.  Paging Pud

[/QUOTE]

This is the Rondo that will kill you... he gets that attitude and does really stupid things.... btw... Pierce has been non existant in this half...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Couldn't wait for me to start the "Game Thread", huh?  You know I don't kick it off until 15 minutes before tip off.  Hope you bring us some luck to start things off.

But you are right, the day has come.  But it's just one day, one game.  I'm excited to see how this season plays out.  I'm excited to see Jeff Green and what he can bring to the Celtics.

Here we go!!!!

[/QUOTE]

KG, Rondo, and Doc still ain't over that Game 7 loss to the Heat. Time to put their money where their mouth is.

I bet on this game because the odds have the Celts at +6.5. Unlike the trolls, I also put my money where my mouth is.

[/QUOTE]

How will you win with that dollar you bet?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this is a bizarre game, usually the celtics defense is their strength, now they cant stop a nose bleed, but they are scoring at a good rate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

8 point game, nay-sayers!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

barbosa has been lights out....wow good to see

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

This really is an amazing game when they playoffs had final scores in the 80's.

Its like watching the Pheonix Suns vs. the Pheonix Suns

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Just need these guys to settle down and play without fear.  It looked bad for a while.  But the team is on the step of a long discovery process.  They will be good but it will take some time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

barbosa wants to play in big game..good d and loves to score in bunches..may be the real Ray replacement

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

What game are YOU watching to surmise that the Celtics are NOT playing like crap?  That is the best description for their play tonight.

KG is giving us nothing.  Green is giving us nothing.  The worst thing I see is our defense is terribly lacking.  This isn't about having new guys either.  When you look at Miami having Ray, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Chalmers and Bosh on the court and they extend their lead.

We got Ray and Lewis executing the perfect pick and roll.  Rashard Lewis posting up Green and easily scoring.  Chalmers easily getting past Rondo for a dish and dunk to Bosh.  We have to step it up.

I like what I see in Bass, Pierce and Rondo.  I also like Terry's intensity and Lee's game.  Wow, Barbosa is quick.

[/QUOTE]

The debate was going on when we were down 5 to 10 points.  We were NOT playing like crap at that point.  Then we lost it and they went way up.   It's only our D and Rondo turnovers.   D is the last thing to come around with a lot of new players.  I still like our team.