Celtics vs Heat game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1

In general, it is pathetic homerism to blame the refs; having said that, the announcers were right about the calls; but there is no conspiracy, beyond the fact that refs favor home town calls. The Celtics get them too. Every team does. I just don't understand why the league doesn't crack down on this ... then again, I think I know why.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1:
    [QUOTE]Still think the game is being reffed fair now?
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    i never like blaming refs but they determined this game! first jo and then on pierce. we are just supposed to let them go thru? like the fix is in! i expect pp to come bak bigger and better next game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I know home court is suppost to be important but...

Lets see, Jemain gets a flagant because some guy runs into his shoulder?

Wade takes Rondo's head off without a flagrant?

Pierce is flagrantly fouled and no flagrant.

Pierce sets a great, perfect screen, and gets tossed?

The whole crew should be suspended for the rest of the play-offs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Wow! The game was still within reach for Boston. To have the game decided by the refs on a bad call is a disgrace to the sport. Miami may not have needed the refs help to win this game but the toss has certainly tainted the game and taken away from what was a very well played game by Miami.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I don't know if it's Stern, or the refs themselves, but this game isn't right, I don't care what anyone says. 

Unbelieveable. Stern needs to take action. Whether it be the suspension of officials, or some other action, I could care less, but something must be done.

The referees clearly had Miami pegged to win this game before it started. Honestly, why do I care? I love basketball, I love the Celtics, I love Rondo and Ray-Ray and KG and Paul. I love this team to death and I live by them and die by them - but what for? We know we as fans and them as players aren't getting a fair-shake, no way. 

I need to find a way to detatch myself from the game in order to avoid the disappointment that comes with the game - I can live with watching the Pats lose because when they lose they get outplayed. 

When the Celtics lose, it's often because of the refs. The NBA is a corrupt organization, so it's unfortunate to know that I care so much about something that is predetermined. 

My confusing life....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Never seen such poorly officiated playoff game in recent memory. This only happens in movies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

The Crying and Whining right now from Boston fans is hilarious. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

CELTIC FANS ARE THE BIGGEST BABIES!!!!!! GROW UP AND GET READY FOR GAME 2. THE DEFENSE IS GIVING TOO MANY OUTSIDE SHOTS. JUST PLAY BETTER DEFENSE. PUNK PIERCE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOSSED FOR THE HEAD BUTT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what did i tell ya? within 10 with 4+ minutes left. give to bron for more air balls! ray is on fire! again, even if they win, heat are in trouble. as good as they can play, as bad as we can play and as bad the refs can bend us over, no pp and we still have a shot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

They could still win it. only an 8 point game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Peirce got tossed...you may be familiar with the concept of the "weight of the evidence" when it happens again and again and again; guess what, "the wieght of the evidence" has to lead a logical mind to certain conclusions, "you're ruing the end of this game," Van Gundy to the refs....wake up
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    There were ZERO flagrant fouls in this game.  That was a horrible flagrant called on JON.  JJ's foul on Pierce was NOT a flagrant.  Wade's was more of a flagrant because it was more intentional.  However, this is the playoffs.  Maybe we need to RUN THRU SOME SCREENS intentionally too.  Maybe Baby needs to go thru Wade or LeBron INTENTIONALLY.

Also, we don't know what Pierce said.  On the surface, Wade was the instigator.

Bottom line, WE ARE IN THIS GAME AND IF WE PLAYED MUCH BETTER, WE'D BE WINNING IT.

This was not the best officiated game but this surely wasn't the Celtic's best performance either.  Yet, right now, we're in this game.

LET'S GO GET IT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wish Ray would miss some of those 3's.... draggin me  back into the game but I dont want the strress.. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1 : Lmao the same old insipid, pathetic excuses by boston fans. Live with it! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

How do you like this comeback, dumb *ss?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Heat game 1 : There were ZERO flagrant fouls in this game.  That was a horrible flagrant called on JON.  JJ's foul on Pierce was NOT a flagrant.  Wade's was more of a flagrant because it was more intentional.  However, this is the playoffs.  Maybe we need to RUN THRU SOME SCREENS intentionally too.  Maybe Baby needs to go thru Wade or LeBron INTENTIONALLY. Also, we don't know what Pierce said.  On the surface, Wade was the instigator. Bottom line, WE ARE IN THIS GAME AND IF WE PLAYED MUCH BETTER, WE'D BE WINNING IT. This was not the best officiated game but this surely wasn't the Celtic's best performance either.  Yet, right now, we're in this game. LET'S GO GET IT.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]james jones foul on pierce was more a flagrant as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Wow - 8 point game with 4 minutes left. This is in reach!!! I will hold out hope that we win, but I won't be too down if we can't complete the comeback, ultimately there are at least 3 more games to go and the Celtics will be fine.

With that said, we're only down by 8... imagine if this game had been properly officiated - easily a double-digit Celtics lead. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Another good run. This will be sweet if we can still nail this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarvinofATL. Show MarvinofATL's posts

At this point in the game, both teams have 19 fouls. Wow. The refs really did a bang up job. The took all that Heat money and didn't give the Heat the advantage. Nah. It's not the 41 percent shooting of the Celts. It's not KG's 4 points. It's the refs! lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Thank God Doc Finally took Glen "waste of space" Davis off the floor. He is getting to many minutes and contributing nothing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Rondo is killing us

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]At this point in the game, both teams have 19 fouls. Wow. The refs really did a bang up job. The took all that Heat money and didn't give the Heat the advantage. Nah. It's not the 41 percent shooting of the Celts. It's not KG's 4 points. It's the refs! lol
    Posted by MarvinofATL[/QUOTE]

Marvin, your schtick is getting boring

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]At this point in the game, both teams have 19 fouls. Wow. The refs really did a bang up job. The took all that Heat money and didn't give the Heat the advantage. Nah. It's not the 41 percent shooting of the Celts. It's not KG's 4 points. It's the refs! lol

What doesn't show up in the stats is that Pierce was tossed for next to nothing, and the Heat got a gimme flagrant and the Celtics didn't for an equally as "hard" foul.

Nice try though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarvinofATL. Show MarvinofATL's posts

Wow. Did you see how JO allowed a fast break by allowing that 90 foot pass over his head? Gosh darn those refs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Watching this game, I'm more convinced than ever that we'll win this series.  We've shot horrible, we spotted them a lead, we've turned the ball over, the refs have made HORRIBLE calls and took our captain out of the game.....and we're still in this.   Miami, on the other hand, had a bench player have a career best shooting experience and can't play much better.  

We are the better team.  If Rondo would stop turning it over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Ray is on FIRE!!!!

The refs are bad, but we lose cause KG and Rondo doesn't appear on the offense and Baby doens't on defense. Simple!

Miami still with some bonehead plays on offense and they won't shoot like that the entire series but if we are afraid to score, we lose. period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

You like stats, have a look at the free throws stats