Celtics vs Knicks 03/26/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks 03/26/13

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Randolph 3 rebounds in 2 minutes.

Bass had 7 in 25 with 3 blocks. Green led everyone with 10

That wasn'r the problem tonight.

offensive rebounds weren't the problem?  No telling how many points they got off of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

by they way rebounds right now is 38 NY and 37 boston

Blocked shot are 6 boston and 1 NY.

I don't think the big rotation was the problem.

bass had 7 boards and 3 blocks in 25 minutes.

The 15 offensive rebounds are what killed us.

See I would go with only forcing 7 turnovers the entire game.

that too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

by they way rebounds right now is 38 NY and 37 boston

Blocked shot are 6 boston and 1 NY.

I don't think the big rotation was the problem.

bass had 7 boards and 3 blocks in 25 minutes.

Turnovers and second chance points are what killed them tonight.... no rest for the weary... tomorrow in Cleveland and theres a good chance they lose there too..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Anyone thinking deja vu with this KG injury??  Remember a few years back where the Cs were so secretive about his injury and sure enough it was a lot worst than anyone was thinking??

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

offensive rebounds weren't the problem?  No telling how many points they got off of that.

No moreso than horrible defense and turnovers.

Not trying to me a smart azz, but Randolph has been in the NBA 7 years and has never averaged more than 4 boards a game.

If we are reduced to saying things like " If Doc played Randolph we might have won" then we should all just start watching the Red Sox.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

That was an active 6 minutes for Randolph though and I agree he should get rewarded for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Anyone thinking deja vu with this KG injury??  Remember a few years back where the Cs were so secretive about his injury and sure enough it was a lot worst than anyone was thinking??

Matters little  Chandler was out for the Knicks tonite    To think KG playing is the difference between a ring and going home early is just wishful thinking.

Did I say anything about his not playing in this game would make a difference? I dont even come close to saying that.... I was talking about KGs injury and the seeming mystery around it being like something weve seen before....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Did I say anything about his not playing in this game would make a difference? I dont even come close to saying that.... I was talking about KGs injury and the seeming mystery around it being like something weve seen before

Missed my point.  Sadely It matter little the rest of the year  . The draft  and or trades at that time is all we have to look foward to.

No your point was the I said if KG played it would have made a difference tonight against the knicks and that was wishful thinking on my part... thats what you said..... what point did I miss?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's just not looking good - too many holes on this squad. 

hard to imagine any scenario where they don't get swept out of the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

My thoughts on tonight's disaster:

1. Avery Bradley is better off the ball, cutting to the basket for backdoor layups , he's not a terrible jump shooter when uncontested, better than Rondo I think and a better finisher in the paint too. But let's tap the breaks on talking about hhim as a maxout player. Give him credit for holding down the fort in Rondo's absence though, at least he's good enough to put at point.

2. Bass works hard, he tries. He's better than Big Baby and he's not a bum. Even with his limitations, the Celtics are lucky to have Brandon Bass. 

3. Kenyon Martin is better than Chris Wilcox, why did the Celtics not make a strong push to get him ? Kenyon Martin would start for the Celtics .

4. JR Smith is a bad mofo ! This is what we all wish Jordan Crawford could become. Smith is another guy I thin kthe Celtics should have targeted last offseason. Is he that bad of a guy ?  The guy plays with the confidence of a hall of famer and he plays HARD. JR Smith is the only player on the Knicks I like. Him and Kenyon Martin I mean....

5. Lets remember the Celtics are missing 5 of their top 10 players.....but they sure looked overmatched tonight.

Get well soon KG and Courtney.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not trying to me a smart azz, but Randolph has been in the NBA 7 years and has never averaged more than 4 boards a game.

If we are reduced to saying things like " If Doc played Randolph we might have won" then we should all just start watching the Red Sox.

I never said nothing other than he had 3 rebounds in 2 minutes. We will never know if he could have helped out tonight. I looked out there tonight at one point and we had Terry, Bradley, Crawford, Pierce and I think Bass.  We were getting pounded  by offensive rebounds.  I heard Doc tell the guys we were giving up too many second chance points. I would have given one of the bigs a shot at some point though.  It sure couldn't have hurt any.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

DA lied to us.  He said he would not be like Red and keep the big 3 around beyond their usefulness.  It has been time to break it up.  Atlanta w/o Horford most of the series.  76ers took us to 7.  Miami to 7 w/o Bosh most of the series.  It was fools gold to think one year older  that KG and PP was going to be able to produce on a consistant basis to bring home at the very least, banner 18. JT is not the RA replacement.  Bradley, outside of defense, is a liability. Bass' offense has all but disappeared.  

They way the season started should have been the telltale sign of how the season was going to unfold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I never said nothing other than he had 3 rebounds in 2 minutes. We will never know if he could have helped out tonight. I looked out there tonight at one point and we had Terry, Bradley, Crawford, Pierce and I think Bass.  We were getting pounded  by offensive rebounds.  I heard Doc tell the guys we were giving up too many second chance points. I would have given one of the bigs a shot at some point though.  It sure couldn't have hurt any.

You're right.  I was getting defensive because of some statements that Kirk said.

What you said makes perfect sense and yes he should have given Randolph more minutes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You're right.  I was getting defensive because of some statements that Kirk said.

What you said makes perfect sense and yes he should have given Randolph more minutes.

Just saw this morning that those 15 offensive rebounds cost us 29 pts.   Ugh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You wouild not know much about the game, if you didn't think offensive rebounds didn't beat us last night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You wouild not know much about the game, if you didn't think offensive rebounds didn't beat us last night.

You would not know much about the game if you thought that was the only problem. 

They couldn't score, and they had 19 turnovers to New Yorks 8. while they had 7 offensive boards to new yorks 15. so that is a minus 8 in offensive boards and a minus 11 in turnovers.

Explain how Randolph would have helped with the turnover issue and show how much you know about the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You would not know much about the game if you thought that was the only problem. 

you know man, i just like to make the Monkey dance!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

you know man, i just like to make the Monkey dance!!

Aww youre imitating me.  Adorable

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Not to state the obvious but you know why that is right?  He is the teams primary ballhandler in the half court since Rondo went down. He is averaging 4.7 assists a game. Bradley is averaging 2.1 Lee is at 1.8

Pierce is turning the ball over because he is handling it all the time.

Because they dont have anyone else that can.

Exactly      I'm glad someone else sees what's going on.instead of just bashing a player for trying.