Celtics vs Knicks game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Celtics vs Knicks game

Yeah if he carves out mins on a deep OKC team while Melo remains a Red Claw for 1-2 years we may regret passing on him, b/c we have a 2 year window. Obv. it would have only been in short mins but i'd have loved to have seen a Perry III-Green-Lee or Pierce-Avery-Rondo unit running a :07 or less offense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Oh but hey, Fierce, with Darko aboard I won't be clamoring for Varejao anymore... as long as we can get at a minimum 14 mins, 4-5 boards and 1+ blocks per game from him.

If Sully and Avery are everything we hope them to be there won't be as much of a need for Lee and Bass down the road, but I don't think I'll be wishing to include them in all kinds of trade rumors this year as a unified wire to wire lineup will benefit us in the playoffs.

One or both (or paired with one of Avery/Sully) could potentially be moved in the offseason to land the all-star PF-C we'll need in future years.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah you don't want to pay Bass 13 over the next 2 years if Sully is better than him and Green is still being given mins at PF.

If Darko was putting in the above stats and we're the #1 seed at the deadline I wouldn't make any trades. Although I'm sure there will still be some Melo-Bass-Lee-#1 pick for Josh Smith or Al Jefferson comments coming at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo may turn out to be good, but I was upset we passed on PJIII.......he could be better than both Moultrie and Melo!!

[/QUOTE]

i remeber you were clamoring for him, as was I...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't see much of a role for Bass this year if Green is going to get minutes at the 4.  Sully is obviously going to play. He's the only guy on the team that can get points down low consistently.  Garnett and Bass get most of their points on jump shots and Darko and Wilcox don't have developed low post games.

I don't see where Bass is going to get minutes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You mean minutes like the 31 he got last year? No def not.

Minutes like Big Baby Davis '08-'10 (13.6-21.5-17.3)?

Powe in '08 and '09 (14.4-17.8)?

Sheed in '10 (22.5) or Wilcox before he was hurt last year (17.2)?

Yeah Bass will def get between 14-22 minutes still this season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It should turn into something like this:

C - KG (30) Darko (14)

PF - Sullinger (22) Bass (16) Green (8)

Then there are 4 minutes a game that Collins and Wilcox can get

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This nobody Copeland wentr wild last night with pick n rolls we couldnt defend.  The bigs on our 2nd unit worry me...  Bass routinely has problems defensively and Sully was caught out of position

We seem to have plenty of offense available to go to but didnt you guys feel a little uncomfortable watching the Knicks pick n roll us...and get too many easy looks, even vs our first team?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This nobody Copeland wentr wild last night with pick n rolls we couldnt defend.  The bigs on our 2nd unit worry me...  Bass routinely has problems defensively and Sully was caught out of position

We seem to have plenty of offense available to go to but didnt you guys feel a little uncomfortable watching the Knicks pick n roll us...and get too many easy looks, even vs our first team?

[/QUOTE]

In defense of the 2nd unit.  Jason kid was out there for the knicks leading the pick and roll versus our rookies.  They did improve towards the end and overtime.  The Celtics should have won that game.  The me 1st jump shooters in the game costs them.  They did not look down low to work inside out.  

The pourous defense did make Copeland look like an all star....

17. This post has been removed.