Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : I am only playing the game you created when you replied to my posts.  If you read my first post to start this thread I laid out the HISTORY of the Celtics and Lakers.  I didn't omit anything important.  [/QUOTE]
    "important" is an adjective. Thus it's only your OPINION that only those facts you posted are important. You cherry-pick those facts that favored you. When challenged with more FACTS by Itsnot1966Anymore and myself, you cried mama.

I certainly find that you omit many important facts, like you failed to reveal the Celtics' failure, especially in recent years.

In other words, you are using the same trick again used in courtroom, dishonest salesperson, false advertising, etc., namely, "using carefully selected facts to paint a false picture", or simply put, "not revealing the whole truth".

[QUOTE]
    Heck the Lakers even won a few categories.  I didn't ignore anything historical that pertained to my argument.  Your replies ignored the facts I laid out and then you twisted them in favor of your own team.  [/QUOTE]
    Of course, just like you carefully selected the facts to favor your team, and now even have the nerve to say "I didn't omit anything important".

[QUOTE]
    And just to be clear about this 48 and 47 number of failures you keep throwing out.  To have a chance to win an NBA title you have to be in the playoffs right?  The Lakers have been to the playoffs 58 times and only won 16 championships.  That means they failed 42 times.  The Celtics have been to the playoffs 49 times and have won 17 championships.  So they failed only 32 times.  The number 42 is greater than 32 so the Lakers have failed more times than the Celtics in the playoffs.  That is your logic backfiring right back in your face.  [/QUOTE]
    Now you are twisting more logic again, twist it to "make the playoffs" first?

To make the playoffs you have to play in the regular season first, true or false?

Then?

[QUOTE] I twisted them back in your face and at the end of the day the Celtics will have more championships than the Lakers.  [/QUOTE]
    At the end of the day the Celtics also had more failures than the Lakers, thus giving 17-48 no advantage over 16-47. Too bad you can't dispute that fact.

[QUOTE]
    So give me another one of your twisted facts so I can blow it out of the water.  I will get you every time.  I will follow you all around this message board blasting your lame posts until you take your ball and go home. 
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]
    Sure  blow it out of the water, by bragging the 16 times the Celtics missing the playoffs. Your cover as a Laker agent here is starting to blow, just like Fierce's cover when he credited the Lakers with the 1947-48 NBL championship...

Please follow me, and I like to see how a fish trying to get off the hook, yet getting hooked deeper and deeper...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic,

The league isnt called this era or my era or not the golden age or new age..THE LEAGUE IS THE NBA......ALL TITLES COUNT THE SAME.........

Newsflash....

The league didnt just appear in 1889..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

YOU know what matters is HOW MANY TIMES TEAMS WERE NAMED CHAMPION.....Thats it...no almost or how many times...HOW MANY TIMES teams were named champion...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

its not 1966 anymore,

HUH...what league do you watch...Do you watch the NEW ERA LEAGUE...NO....you dont....YOU Watch the NBA...THE NBA has its history..ITS NOT WRITTEN BY YOU.....

ITs the NBAS history...you laker trolls not what you think it is..

PLus laker fans its low that you come on this foreum claims your celtics fans....Thats so typical internet tough guy..while in the real world it shows no BA***

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject:
    [QUOTE]majjic, The league isnt called this era or my era or not the golden age or new age..THE LEAGUE IS THE NBA......ALL TITLES COUNT THE SAME......... Newsflash.... The league didnt just appear in 1889..
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

That's what you really wish...

Not all titles weight the same. The league had a period of struggling financially going thru' growing pains, with a very limited talent pool, and a period of mega $$$$ business, global recognition, and a richer talent pool of African Americans and international players. In such, some titles are more significant than others. That's why 10 titles in one era is easily more remarkable than 13 titles in the other...

Which is which is left for you as an exercise...

Of course, Celtics fans with nothing to hang on always say "a 2-decade drought don't matter", "losses don't matter", "missing the playoffs don't matter"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Since you history is filled with being dominated, I understand the desire to wipe it from you memory.  Face it, your greatest point guard kissed men on court and ended up with AIDS, your star shooting guard is a rapist, your two star centers...... one is known for whining for a statue and the other for being a playoff disappearing act.  Your star forward took his legacy of Laker losing in the 60's and patented it as a Clipper GM.  The only one with class in your org was West, and now you want to try to forget the era he played in. The fact you come to this site show you are green with envy.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Magic is HIV positive which is not Aids, and so what if he kissed Isaih Thomas on the cheek?  Are you homophobic?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Magic is HIV positive which is not Aids, and so what if he kissed Isaih Thomas on the cheek?  Are you homophobic?
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

It's two separate things.  He didn't say that kissing Thomas caused Aids, he said he kissed Thomas on the court..........................and THEN got HIV.  It was very uncomfortable watching that scene, although I think it was more Thomas kissing Magic.  HIV is not Aids, but no one lives (unfortuntately) with HIV.   It leads to Aids 100% of the time.  Magic has done a wonderful job, mostly because he can afford the medication.  And he got it from a woman, so your homophobic comment was really an insult to Magic - he is not gay!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Since you history is filled with being dominated, I understand the desire to wipe it from you memory.  Face it, your greatest point guard kissed men on court and ended up with AIDS, your star shooting guard is a rapist, your two star centers...... one is known for whining for a statue and the other for being a playoff disappearing act.  Your star forward took his legacy of Laker losing in the 60's and patented it as a Clipper GM.  The only one with class in your org was West, and now you want to try to forget the era he played in. The fact you come to this site show you are green with envy.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    Since you want to be crass, rude and insulting, you had 2 players that got worse than AIDS. One gets drafted then snorts himself to death that same night. At least Magic did something before he got HIV, Bias did NOTHING, and you all still want to deify him. He was a druggie, period. Then you have another one that has the gaul to croak right on the court. How rude! He never did anything either, but Boston continues the bs that if they had lived the CS could have...fill in the blank. Fact is, their dead and gone and Boston didn't do diddly for a quarter of a century, so get over it. How's that for crass, rude and insulting?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Since you want to be crass, rude and insulting, you had 2 players that got worse than AIDS. One gets drafted then snorts himself to death that same night. At least Magic did something before he got HIV, Bias did NOTHING, and you all still want to deify him. He was a druggie, period. Then you have another one that has the gaul to croak right on the court. How rude! He never did anything either, but Boston continues the bs that if they had lived the CS could have...fill in the blank. Fact is, their dead and gone and Boston didn't do diddly for a quarter of a century, so get over it. How's that for crass, rude and insulting?
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

It's great!!

But in my experience, Magic is untouchable to lakers fans.  I notice you didn't deny anything about Kareem or Bynum or koME.  Going after Magic is asking for trouble, but he is, in fact, still alive.  I will be very sad when he goes, unlike lakers fans who could care less that we lost TWO #1 draft picks to untimely (if stupid) deaths!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : It's great!! But in my experience, Magic is untouchable to lakers fans.  I notice you didn't deny anything about Kareem or Bynum or koME.  Going after Magic is asking for trouble, but he is, in fact, still alive.  I will be very sad when he goes, unlike lakers fans who could care less that we lost TWO #1 draft picks to untimely (if stupid) deaths!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what there is to deny. Kareem's one unappealing thing about him was his aloof personality throughout his playing days. The statue thing is a silly non issue. Should we talk about Russel's refusal to sign autographs, even for children, because of his hate for the racist Boston fans? How about Pierce's big arrogant mouth, who did nothing until he had backup from two future HOF'ers. The Kobe thing? He was never found guilty of anything, and eventhough I consider him to be on an arrogant par with Pierce, I give him a pass on the issue because this is still America where you're innocent until proven otherwise. Let's face it, great players are more likely to be 'ssholes than not. Very few superstars are like Jerry West or Julius Irving. David Robinson was decent except for his religious crap. Magic is arguably the greatest all player of all time able to play any position, yet I really couldn't stand him because of his phoniness, when he played and especially now. This stuff about trying to deify your home players and demonize the arch rivals is as silly as waving the American flag and demonizing everybody else. There are plenty of idiots to go around, in Boston and L.A. The CS have a history of crappy, biased announcers as with Johhny Most and Heinsohn, and L.A. had the great Chick Hearn. So should we make a list and determine who had the most idiots?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Celtics have missed the playoffs 16 times? Wow, that is pathetic!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : It's two separate things.  He didn't say that kissing Thomas caused Aids, he said he kissed Thomas on the court..........................and THEN got HIV.  It was very uncomfortable watching that scene, although I think it was more Thomas kissing Magic.  HIV is not Aids, but no one lives (unfortuntately) with HIV.   It leads to Aids 100% of the time.  Magic has done a wonderful job, mostly because he can afford the medication.  And he got it from a woman, so your homophobic comment was really an insult to Magic - he is not gay!

It looks more like touching cheeks than kissing

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : It looks more like touching cheeks than kissing
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

AND?  I think your beef is with the other guy, not me!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : I'm not sure what there is to deny. Kareem's one unappealing thing about him was his aloof personality throughout his playing days. The statue thing is a silly non issue. Should we talk about Russel's refusal to sign autographs, even for children, because of his hate for the racist Boston fans? How about Pierce's big arrogant mouth, who did nothing until he had backup from two future HOF'ers. The Kobe thing? He was never found guilty of anything, and eventhough I consider him to be on an arrogant par with Pierce, I give him a pass on the issue because this is still America where you're innocent until proven otherwise. Let's face it, great players are more likely to be 'ssholes than not. Very few superstars are like Jerry West or Julius Irving. David Robinson was decent except for his religious crap. Magic is arguably the greatest all player of all time able to play any position, yet I really couldn't stand him because of his phoniness, when he played and especially now. This stuff about trying to deify your home players and demonize the arch rivals is as silly as waving the American flag and demonizing everybody else. There are plenty of idiots to go around, in Boston and L.A. The CS have a history of crappy, biased announcers as with Johhny Most and Heinsohn, and L.A. had the great Chick Hearn. So should we make a list and determine who had the most idiots?

It's a BOSTON newspaper, man - what is wrong with you?   If you came on here for objectivity, or WORSE - for us to denegrate our own players, you have come to the wrong house.  Wasn't it you who said you don't go to lakers blogs because there is too much "love" there, no disagreements?  Well..................how can you expect anything different on here?
    You cannot win, or even make a dent on here - my strong advice is to either leave, or just accept the fact that any blog you invade will be a "homer" blog!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : It's a BOSTON newspaper, man - what is wrong with you?   If you came on here for objectivity, or WORSE - for us to denegrate our own players, you have come to the wrong house.  Wasn't it you who said you don't go to lakers blogs because there is too much "love" there, no disagreements?  Well..................how can you expect anything different on here? You cannot win, or even make a dent on here - my strong advice is to either leave, or just accept the fact that any blog you invade will be a "homer" blog!

You remember every thing I say, I better watch my mouth. I told you before I like your spirit but this aint no homer blog, you're in L.A. so how can that make you a Boston homer? I am going to tell something red-russ, I think you are really a Laker fan. Know why? Because you can be high spirited but you always more or less keep it respectful, and that is precisely why you are a true Laker fan. Why? Because Boston fans are, without a doubt, the most abrasive, denying, loud mouthed Archie Bunkers on the planet. So you see, you can't possibly be a Celtic fan. That, and the fact that you live in L.A. Naw, you're a Laker. And, russ, we're gonna win it next year. Welcome home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : You remember every thing I say, I better watch my mouth. I told you before I like your spirit but this aint no homer blog, you're in L.A. so how can that make you a Boston homer? I am going to tell something red-russ, I think you are really a Laker fan. Know why? Because you can be high spirited but you always more or less keep it respectful, and that is precisely why you are a true Laker fan. Why? Because Boston fans are, without a doubt, the most abrasive, denying, loud mouthed Archie Bunkers on the planet. So you see, you can't possibly be a Celtic fan. That, and the fact that you live in L.A. Naw, you're a Laker. And, russ, we're gonna win it next year. Welcome home.

You just wrecked it forever.  I spent 47 years in MA, and FOUR in CA.  THAT makes me a Boston homer.  Until you print a retraction for insulting me and calling me a lakers fan, even in jest, I shall never respond to you again, or even read your posts.  You shall be dead to me. ME?  A lakers fan???  HOW DARE YOU!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Lakersavenger- you just schooled the fool red. Lucky you he's got you on ignore now lmao.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : You just wrecked it forever.  I spent 47 years in MA, and FOUR in CA.  THAT makes me a Boston homer.  Until you print a retraction for insulting me and calling me a lakers fan, even in jest, I shall never respond to you again, or even read your posts.  You shall be dead to me. ME?  A lakers fan???  HOW DARE YOU!!
    Retraction? 1st retract this koMe business. Appologize then write his name as Kobe, then we talk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Lakersavenger- you just schooled the fool red. Lucky you he's got you on ignore now lmao.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

HOW??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : Retraction? 1st retract this koMe business. Appologize then write his name as Kobe, then we talk.
    drop dead!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject : drop dead!

Again? This is deja vu all over again.