Celtics vs. Magic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Magic

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am not sure where the scoring point guard requirement comes from.  Yes, Rondo can't be a scoring liability.  But we are talking 2nd. game back here with serious minute restrictions.  Plus a team that is really not spacing well yet in the system.

[/QUOTE]

You can keep making excuses, but the spacing will never be well if you're not a threat from beyond the arc.

Next game is at Miami.

A perfect game to see how to defend Rondo.

Cole will just stay at the FT line and roam.

Rondo will be open from beyond the arc all night.

[/QUOTE]

I am not making excuses.  I expect the team to struggle.  I have said that multiple times.  It will not be easy to integrate Rondo quickly.  It will take time.  We are talking about a player that is trying to figure out what he can do.  Plus everybody is adjusting to timing and figuring out what to expect.  Did you see AB miss on a bunch of gimme passes from Rondo?  But he did better with others.  Why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

When the Celts have Humpy or Bass, Sully, Green, AB, and Crawford, everybody is a scoring threat from 18 feet.

With Rondo, only the other 4 players on the court are a threat from 18 feet and beyond.

No Big 3 means Rondo will have to raise his scoring average to at least 16 ppg.

If not then this Celts team will never become a contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Ainge would be crazy not to entertain a top 5.  More likely it is a late first from a good team that would be offered.

That's why Rondo is still a Celtic.

Ainge will not just give away Rondo.

Remember, the Sixers got a #7 pick for Jrue Holiday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, I didn't see that today.  What I saw was a big clog down below.  The other players needed to move to create more options.  Otherwise there is just one option: Rondo to s-h-o-o-t.  That is no offense.

[/QUOTE]

The reason why there was a big clog down below was because the opposing PG was always leaving Rondo open from the perimeter.

Remember, we already beat the Magic twice with Crawford starting at PG.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  The clog was also because the other Celts were not spacing properly.  It was not because Rondo's defender was dropping down.  Regarding Jordan Crawford, the whole team had much more time to play together and get into a rhythm.  I see very little rhythm right now when Rondo is on the floor.  And that is not just because of his shooting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I am not making excuses.  I expect the team to struggle.  I have said that multiple times.  It will not be easy to integrate Rondo quickly.  It will take time.  We are talking about a player that is trying to figure out what he can do.  Plus everybody is adjusting to timing and figuring out what to expect.  Did you see AB miss on a bunch of gimme passes from Rondo?  But he did better with others.  Why?

I understand what you're saying.

But let's get back to basics, in today's NBA, it's a must that PGs must have a 3-pointer.

Is there a team in the NBA right now that has a starting PG that can't make 3-pointers?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

That's why Rondo is still a Celtic.

Ainge will not just give away Rondo.

Remember, the Sixers got a #7 pick for Jrue Holiday.

[/QUOTE]

Probably still a little too early for teams to decide on Rondo,  they want to see how he does first.  But if you are right, he won't be looking good in this system any time soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

When the Celts have Humpy or Bass, Sully, Green, AB, and Crawford, everybody is a scoring threat from 18 feet.

With Rondo, only the other 4 players on the court are a threat from 18 feet and beyond.

No Big 3 means Rondo will have to raise his scoring average to at least 16 ppg.

If not then this Celts team will never become a contender.

[/QUOTE]

But the Celts did pretty well in both games with Pressy on the floor.  And Pressy is hardly a scoring threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Disagree.  The clog was also because the other Celts were not spacing properly.  It was not because Rondo's defender was dropping down.  Regarding Jordan Crawford, the whole team had much more time to play together and get into a rhythm.  I see very little rhythm right now when Rondo is on the floor.  And that is not just because of his shooting.

How could the other Celts move when Rondo was always inside the 3-point line?

Rondo was always dribbling on the perimeter.

Then Rondo would post up the PG.

Rondo didn't attempt a single 3-pointer tonight.

That's an indication of what part of the court he was on most of the time.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying.

But let's get back to basics, in today's NBA, it's a must that PGs must have a 3-pointer.

Is there a team in the NBA right now that has a starting PG that can't make 3-pointers?

[/QUOTE]

How many successful teams in NBA only have point guard 3-point threat and no other threat?

If you understand what I am saying you are not factoring multiple other considerations into your analysis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

But the Celts did pretty well in both games with Pressy on the floor.  And Pressy is hardly a scoring threat.

Not true.

I saw Pressey play in the summer league and preseason, he will score if left open.

Pressey can drive to the basket, spot up for a 3, and pull up for a jumper.

Right now Pressey's % are down, but he's definitely a scoring threat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

[QUOTE]

I disagree. But let me ask you this.  If Rondo can only succeed on a team with superstars i.e., KG, RA and Pierce, how did they do w/o Rondo?  There flaws were exposed.

KG, Pierce, and Ray were perfect for Rondo.

It was a well oiled machine.

But KG, Pierce, and Ray are gone.

Again, the problem is not Rondo, it's the system.

[/QUOTE]

the problem is overly proud ignorance. KG and Pierce are putting up the worst numbers of their careers without Rondo creating wide open looks for them every possession. the pudding tells us that Rondo made their live's a lot easier at their age, not the other way around. you're sitting here and defining Rondo based on about 29 minutes played combined in 2 games since returning from an almost year long leg injury. get a clue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

How many successful teams in NBA only have point guard 3-point threat and no other threat?

If you understand what I am saying you are not factoring multiple other considerations into your analysis.

Look at the Pacers, George Hill only does one thing well, and that's to  s-h-o-o-t!

Rondo's other talents, like passing and creating for others is best suited for teams like the Brooklyn Nets or the Knicks.

It's not that Rondo is not a great player, he's a great player, he just doesn't fit in with this new generation Celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

I saw Pressey play in the summer league and preseason, he will score if left open.

Pressey can drive to the basket, spot up for a 3, and pull up for a jumper.

Right now Pressey's % are down, but he's definitely a scoring threat.

[/QUOTE]

OK, that is a pretty silly claim.  To say that teams are not backing off of Pressy is very silly.  Have you checked his FG, 3-FG and FT %?  How many drives have you seen him finish?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

the problem is overly proud ignorance. KG and Pierce are putting up the worst numbers of their careers without Rondo creating wide open looks for them every possession. the pudding tells us that Rondo made their live's a lot easier at their age, not the other way around. you're sitting here and defining Rondo based on about 29 minutes played combined in 2 games since returning from an almost year long leg injury. get a clue.

Yeah, it's true that Rondo made the lives of KG and Pierce easier.

But KG and Pierce are not with the Celts anymore.

You can keep making excuses all you want, but if we go back to basics, Rondo's not a 3-point  s-h-o-o-ter.

Right now the Celts need a PG who can score 16 ppg and a threat from beyond the arc.

Again, it's not that Rondo's not a great player, he's just not a good fit in this new system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look at the Pacers, George Hill only does one thing well, and that's to  s-h-o-o-t!

Rondo's other talents, like passing and creating for others is best suited for teams like the Brooklyn Nets or the Knicks.

It's not that Rondo is not a great player, he's a great player, he just doesn't fit in with this new generation Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

The Pacers are a well rounded team.  As I said, they don't have just one threat.  They also have Hibbert anchoring a very strong defense and have physical size and every position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

OK, that is a pretty silly claim.  To say that teams are not backing off of Pressy is very silly.  Have you checked his FG, 3-FG and FT %?  How many drives have you seen him finish?

Yes, Pressey's FG% and 3pt% are down, but Pressey will fire away when left open.

Pressey averages 0.9 3-pointers per game in 12 minutes of game action.

That's 1 3-pointer every game.

In the summer league, Pressey was very good driving to the basket.

But right now the NBA players are just bigger and faster.

Back in 2010, Coach K picked Rose and Westbrook, instead of Rondo, for Team USA.

The reason was both Rose and Westbrook were better  s-h-o-o-ters than Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

The Pacers are a well rounded team.  As I said, they don't have just one threat.  They also have Hibbert anchoring a very strong defense and have physical size and every position.

If not the Pacers then look at the other 28 teams in the NBA.

All the starting PGs in the NBA right now are a threat from beyond the arc.

Even Rubio has improved from beyond the arc this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's true that Rondo made the lives of KG and Pierce easier.

But KG and Pierce are not with the Celts anymore.

You can keep making excuses all you want, but if we go back to basics, Rondo's not a 3-point  s-h-o-o-ter.

Right now the Celts need a PG who can score 16 ppg and a threat from beyond the arc.

Again, it's not that Rondo's not a great player, he's just not a good fit in this new system.

[/QUOTE]

Right now the Celtics need to keep developing their young players while slowly working Rondo back to game shape. Your 16 ppg 3 point shooting PG theory isn't reality, it's your opinion. get back to us when those are DA and/or Stevens words and not just yours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If not the Pacers then look at the other 28 teams in the NBA.

All the starting PGs in the NBA right now are a threat from beyond the arc.

Even Rubio has improved from beyond the arc this season.

[/QUOTE]

Rubio is on pace to have one of the worst s***ting percentages in NBA history! 

Rubio is currently on pace to be the worst percentage s***ter in NBA history. Yes, you heard that right, worst in history. And if he doesn’t fix his deficiencies in his s**t, he won’t ever reach his full potential and the mythical-like legend of Ricky Rubio in Spain will remain just that, a myth. see more at: http://hoopshype.com/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Rubio is on pace to have one of the worst s***ting percentages in NBA history! 

Rubio is currently on pace to be the worst percentage s***ter in NBA history. Yes, you heard that right, worst in history. And if he doesn’t fix his deficiencies in his s**t, he won’t ever reach his full potential and the mythical-like legend of Ricky Rubio in Spain will remain just that, a myth. see more at: http://hoopshype.com/

But Rubio is shooting 36.8% from beyond the arc.

He attempts 1.7 3-pointers per game.

In other words, Rubio will hoist up 3-pointers every game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pressey's FG% and 3pt% are down, but Pressey will fire away when left open.

Pressey averages 0.9 3-pointers per game in 12 minutes of game action.

That's 1 3-pointer every game.

In the summer league, Pressey was very good driving to the basket.

But right now the NBA players are just bigger and faster.

Back in 2010, Coach K picked Rose and Westbrook, instead of Rondo, for Team USA.

The reason was both Rose and Westbrook were better  s-h-o-o-ters than Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Well it is pointless to debate in the face of such arguments.  So lets just disagree.

I expect the team and Rondo to struggle for a while.  There is no NBA player that you can point to that came back from ACL surgery and was 100% from day one.  When Rondo gets to 30+ mins in time limit then we can look at how he is doing.

And if Danny makes another major roster shakeup move by the trade deadline, then the adjustment and struggles will continue much longer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

System or no system, Jeff Green is NOT a threat from beyond 18 feet.  Sully, AB nor Oly are threats from beyond 18 feet.  That's part of this system's problem.  It allows for guys like Sully and Oly and Fav to hoist up ill-advised, low percentage 3-pointers.  None of those guys are consistent enough to be effective using that s-h-o-t as part of any offensive system.

And anyone who things Pressey can s-h-o-o-t is delusional.  AB also is not a consistent enough s-h-o-o-t-e-r for a system like the Knicks that encourage hoisting up 3's.

There is no Celtics player capable of being a decent 3-point percentage s-h-o-o-t-e-r that would make Steven's system effective.

You have a guy like Sully who is capable of going for 25 and 20.  He needs to LIVE in the post - his post game is THAT GOOD.  There is no reason in no system that he should be asked to do anything else.  For that reason, we see too many games like today's 8 points and 8 rebounds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

DA traded both of his 3pt threats obviously he doesn't give 2 squats about what's needed to win right now. this is a transition season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

i'm really starting to like this team. they are losing every game, but still making the games interesting and somewhat entertaining. 

i'm a fan!! keep it up, boys!