Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011

Can the tenacious Defense hold the Nets to under 60 pts?

Thoughts on the game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011

Nets beat Clippers in OT last night for 4th straight win.  Kris Humphries has been a monster on the boards and will need to be contained. Lopez appears to be getting some decent post moves that remined me of McHale post moves...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The dreaded "Back to Back". Can it be overcome?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011:
    [QUOTE]The dreaded "Back to Back". Can it be overcome?
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Doc needs to keep to him Mantra: Rest the Big Three and go deep into the bench...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011:
    [QUOTE]Can the tenacious Defense hold the Nets to under 60 pts? Thoughts on the game?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]
    I'd be happy just with a win man. Second night of a BTB, need I say more?
    No way the Nets will be held under 60, not that that would be of any importance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The Nets are trash. Twice as many losses than wins. I wish the west had as many teams under .500 as the east does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ooooh D.Will gonna be on full display! I cant waits ta see me some D.Will!  He gon' go for 30 tonight against Rondo!  He is the Best Pg in the League!    Sike!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i look for the bench to go off again... noone can match our bench! nenad should be going off again... rondo will get blitzed by williams again! celts will win by 10. nets have won 4 games in a row!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics starting to put it all together.  Lots of time for the subs tonight and the bench delivers so that the starters can close it out in the 4th quarter. 

Ron plays "ok" and KG plays huge.  Paul and Ray do their normal thing (18pts each).  That's the script.  Watch it unfold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Nets 3/14/2011:
    [QUOTE]Ooooh D.Will gonna be on full display! I cant waits ta see me some D.Will!  He gon' go for 30 tonight against Rondo!  He is the Best Pg in the League!    Sike!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Rondo will pick D. Will pocket, like taking candy from a baby...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

here we go.. what did tellya? once the bench guys came in esp when RONDO went to the bench we got on a run! coincidence? no... hate to say it but we could have have 2 rings by now if we had west or an arroyo as our starting pg playing with the big 3!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Green, Krstic ("Curly"), Arroyo, Davis and Pierce finish out the quarter in fine fashion after a sluggish start by the starting unit.  Garnett started off on fire.  Good to see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Refs are killing us with missed calls and calls against the C's.  I just don't know what to say about Rondo tonight other than it has to get better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Put Arroyo back in...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

and leave him in

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hey, Karl, did you read my response to you in last night's game thread?  Please check it out if you didn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If Rondo and Pierce can start to make some shots, we'll be ok.  Rondo's shot looks absolutely horrible.  He's trying his best but his shots even "look" like they have no chance of going in from the time he releases it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Yes I did Joel

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

rondon't: only 5 free throw attempts in his last 12! 0-6 tonite with 3 turnovers with questionable defense.. no 10 assist games in his last 4... whats the point of having rondo on the team right now? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

soon as arroyo comes in everything changes AGAIN!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is leading the nets to victory, the guy needs some games off , he is trying tonight but looks lost.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo looks like an appropriate candidate for a heart transplant.

In an emergency, do not resuscitate.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know... the more I look at ROndo playing the more Im starting to believe there may be something more to this.

Hes not pushing it hard on offense, going 1/2 speed almost always... getting brushed off easily on weak picks..

He seems to be deteriorating before our eyes... could it be hes just played too many minutes and his body is shutting down?? I know I didnt want to hear the "hes tired" stuff but wt h else could this be?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I wonder if Rondo is still feeling the effects of that pick he ran into in the first minute of play.  I know he's been off of late, but so far tonight he's got nothing going. 

Green got screwed by the no call on the goal tend and there were several non calls on Nets fouls.  Krstic and Davis have gotten hammered underneath.

This game looks eerily similar to last night's.  Thirty-eight at the half (vs. 39 last night).  I'm looking to the second unit to bring this one home again.