Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread

Any theories on why the C's start so slow in so many games?   This is really getting old (poor starts).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Exactly right.  Top 2 record in the league (or was it the best record) through the first half and then fell apart with injuries and Danny's trade.   Shows that if you are not athletic (wow - we aren't!!!), then you better be big.  We have no big man game underneath.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    So why did Ainge panic? I personally believe that he saw Miami as the biggest threat to Boston making it to the Finals, and he was right. Ainge felt that Boston needed to get more athletic to match up with the Heat which just could not be done. There aren't enough superstars or money to be able to match up that way. He had the solution (size down low) in place, he just didn't realize it. No matter how athletic Miami was (is) they could not match up with size down low. Now Boston has neither size nor athleticism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Another scary thing is that because Ainge has drafted so horribly since '08, Boston is not prepared for the inevitable transition from the Big Three.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

Great rebounding......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Another scary thing is that because Ainge has drafted so horribly since '08, Boston is not prepared for the inevitable transition from the Big Three.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Ainge blew it last year, but he is well prepared for the inevitible transition.  Rondo, Bass, Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 first round draft choices next year and LOTs of cap room for free agents.  We'll be fine for the future.  Our issue is last year and this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Ainge blew it last year, but he is well prepared for the inevitible transition.  Rondo, Bass, Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 first round draft choices next year and LOTs of cap room for free agents.  We'll be fine for the future.  Our issue is last year and this year.

You can count out green, Ainge pulled the qualifying offer for Green, but Im not sure if we have the Bird rights to him.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7433745/boston-celtics-withdrew-qualifying-offer-jeff-green-now-ufa

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

Paul is 2-11. Where's Bernie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Losing the rebound battle 35-23, but still only down by 4!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

[QUOTE]Paul is 2-11. Where's Bernie?
    Posted by eatinglue[/QUOTE]

Well there's the three and JO is damaged and in the locker room. Steemer is bringing some life!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Ainge blew it last year, but he is well prepared for the inevitible transition.  Rondo, Bass, Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 first round draft choices next year and LOTs of cap room for free agents.  We'll be fine for the future.  Our issue is last year and this year.
    I hope that you are right my friend, I just don't trust Ainge to draft well next year. Deandre Jordan, James Anderson, Marshon Brooks were obvious picks for Boston yet he blew it each time. The cap room is great but I worry that nobody will want to go to Boston (read: David West). For some reason Boston does not have the same appeal as New York, Miami, or Los Angeles. I guess Boston is just not a party town. In my opinion, Boston needed to build through the draft while the Big three were still productive. That didn't happen....I am not counting Boston out. Hell, I have supported the C's through 20 lean years. It just drives me nuts to see Ainge make the worst of a good situation (having three future hall of famers).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Well there's the three and JO is damaged and in the locker room. Steemer is bringing some life!

O'Neal has a bruised b@@b and should return with a padded shirt....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : You can count out green, Ainge pulled the qualifying offer for Green, but Im not sure if we have the Bird rights to him. http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7433745/boston-celtics-withdrew-qualifying-offer-jeff-green-now-ufa
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Celtics voided his contract but they retain his rights.  Expect a new deal next year.  He's a part of their plans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : O'Neal has a bruised b@@b and should return with a padded shirt....
    Cry  Poor Gingermaine.  She/He just can't catch a break.

Pathetic.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Another scary thing is that because Ainge has drafted so horribly since '08, Boston is not prepared for the inevitable transition from the Big Three.

I with you on this one, Ainge's drafting has a been that of a high school kid. That year when he took Giddens, there were four players taken from picks 34-37 that are in the league, Chalmers, Jordan, Asik, and Moute

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread :   Poor Gingermaine.  She/He just can't catch a break. Pathetic.

Kg is awful ... he cant even rebound anymore... he is getting eaten up on the boards by anyone is plays against... im not sure who looks worse  him or pierce... And Rondo? for every one thing he does thats good... he does 3 things that are pathetic... the last play of the 3rd  quarter was pathetic...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Boston needs a scoring punch right now, they have the guy in Moore but he won't get any playing time until he is traded to another team for a 2nd round pick. Then he will become an All-Star!!  I am also wathcing OKC play, Perk is playing great. just rejected a shot. He is really attacking the basket nowadays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

This is one of the worst played and coached games that I have ever seen from Boston. Absolutely pathetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Kg is awful ... he cant even rebound anymore... he is getting eaten up on the boards by anyone is plays against... im not sure who looks worse  him or pierce... And Rondo? for every one thing he does thats good... he does 3 things that are pathetic... the last play of the 3rd  quarter was pathetic...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    Is it just me or does it seem the older KG gets the further he plays away from the rim? Maybe he secretly want to play SF or maybe he should stop running on the beach and lift a weight or two!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Boston needs a scoring punch right now, they have the guy in Moore but he won't get any playing time until he is traded to another team for a 2nd round pick. Then he will become an All-Star!!  I am also wathcing OKC play, Perk is playing great. just rejected a shot. He is really attacking the basket nowadays.

Give me a break with the Perk stuff... ive watched several of their games and he has been a total non factor in every one... and he has lost his physical game with that weight loss and to me that was the best part of his game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Kg is awful ... he cant even rebound anymore... he is getting eaten up on the boards by anyone is plays against... im not sure who looks worse  him or pierce... And Rondo? for every one thing he does thats good... he does 3 things that are pathetic... the last play of the 3rd  quarter was pathetic...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

KG is not the issue.  He's playing out of position at his age - trying to play center.  We need more size/bulk.  

Our old legs make EVERY team look like theya re great offensive rebounders.  We make everyone with energy look great.  Age has caught up with Ray and KG (and JON was old years ago!!).   Danny has to give Doc young, good players and Doc HAS to learn to play the young legs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Is it just me or does it seem the older KG gets the further he plays away from the rim? Maybe he secretly want to play SF or maybe he should stop running on the beach and lift a weight or two!
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]
    You are right. We all saw the same from Karl Malone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : KG is not the issue.  He's playing out of position at his age - trying to play center.  We need more size/bulk.   Our old legs make EVERY team look like theya re great offensive rebounders.  We make everyone with energy look great.  Age has caught up with Ray and KG (and JON was old years ago!!).   Danny has to give Doc young, good players and Doc HAS to learn to play the young legs.  

Sorry, I meant to say age has caught up with Paul and KG.  Ray seems to never age on offense....but his defense obviously stinks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

We are going to need to develop some sort of inside game, or this is going to be a long season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Vs. Pacers Game Thread : Is it just me or does it seem the older KG gets the further he plays away from the rim? Maybe he secretly want to play SF or maybe he should stop running on the beach and lift a weight or two!
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

He looks really tired and he is so skinny that he gets pushed around a lot now. Before he could counteract that with leaping ability but that part of his game is def not what it was .