Celtics vs. Pistons 01/20/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Pistons 01/20/13

we have a big, his name is Melo..I would say what are they thinking of not calling his name up? I mean, is not like we are winning anyways!! Let him season his skills with the big guys in the NBA..total nonsense

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

we have a big, his name is Melo..I would say what are they thinking of not calling his name up? I mean, is not like we are winning anyways!! Let him season his skills with the big guys in the NBA..total nonsense

+1 I am guessing Melo will be called up sometime in March! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Celtics can survive without a rebounding big man. But they can't survive without a scorer. Scoring wasn't a problem until Pierce and KG got old. This problem started in 2010. Time for Ainge to find a solution for this problem.

No no no we need a big man to.  KG is on his last legs.

Yeah, big man who can score is the ideal. Someone like Josh Smith.

Josh can't really score that well. It is time to make a big move.   We need more help than Josh Smith.

Not even sure if the Celtics can afford a Josh Smith.

Gortat is the ideal but you'd have to surrender Fab Melo. That's a bad idea.

You want to see if we can make a run, trade Melo.  The chances of him being a dominant player are they guaranteed or something?

Disagree! Melo may be able to help the Cs by seasons end! 

OK then bring him up, it is better than seeing Collins out there.  Let's see what Melo has you are  right. Then we can move him if he is too green.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

If we could package our 'garbage' and get Cousins or J-Smoove then it would have been done already. Bass, Green, Melo, picks won't cut it. Throw in Sully and/or Bradley and the offer is much more enticing to other teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

If we could package our 'garbage' and get Cousins or J-Smoove then it would have been done already. Bass, Green, Melo, picks won't cut it. Throw in Sully and/or Bradley and the offer is much more enticing to other teams.

I believe BAss is untradeable without some other incentives. Green a little less so, but still very hard to move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

never happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The Celtics can survive without a rebounding big man. But they can't survive without a scorer. Scoring wasn't a problem until Pierce and KG got old. This problem started in 2010. Time for Ainge to find a solution for this problem.

No no no we need a big man to.  KG is on his last legs.

Yeah, big man who can score is the ideal. Someone like Josh Smith.

Josh can't really score that well. It is time to make a big move.   We need more help than Josh Smith.

Not even sure if the Celtics can afford a Josh Smith.

Gortat is the ideal but you'd have to surrender Fab Melo. That's a bad idea.

You want to see if we can make a run, trade Melo.  The chances of him being a dominant player are they guaranteed or something?

Disagree! Melo may be able to help the Cs by seasons end! 

OK then bring him up, it is better than seeing Collins out there.  Let's see what Melo has you are  right. Then we can move him if he is too green.

There is one more option: bring him up, give him minutes, let him learn from KG, and enjoy watching him develop! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'd be very surprised if Melo would contribute this season, Doc wouldn't play him. He just isn't ready, he's doing good in the D-league but that doesn't garantee he'll be any help to the C's this season. A pipe dream.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tough night for the Patriots and seeing the Celtics lose three straight  is hard to take.  I say with the character of Garnett and Pierce bring some other players in that can benefit from them and make a run at it before it is too late. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I'd be very surprised if Melo would contribute this season, Doc wouldn't play him. He just isn't ready, he's doing good in the D-league but that doesn't garantee he'll be any help to the C's this season. A pipe dream.

I agree completely, his skills look unbelievably primitive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Time for Ainge to be bold! We're going nowhere. Back to .500 (with Bradley).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The problem is he is trying to move Bass and Green who most teams are not interested in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree! Life has very few guarantees! With that stated, Melo is developing well, in Maine! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Tough night for the Patriots and seeing the Celtics lose three straight  is hard to take.  I say with the character of Garnett and Pierce bring some other players in that can benefit from them and make a run at it before it is too late. 

Celtics are now 20-20. The Celtics would have to go 31-11 or 30-12 just to finish 3rd ort 4th. If the Celtics are just the 6th, 7th, or 8th, it would be an early exit. Not worth giving up our young players.

Not yet too late, but if Ainge doesn't make a move and he waits until the trade deadline, then it would be too late.

I agree! The longer DA waits, the more I think he will make a move towards the future (versus win now), OR do nothing at all! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

The problem is he is trying to move Bass and Green who most teams are not interested in.

That's why Bradley has to be included. Keep Sully and the big 3, the rest can be moved.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

concord

It's no longer November or December. You have to think long term. If you think the Celtics can win a championship, beat Miami and OKC or the Clips, then we can trade our young players. But if you think we're only a playoff team then we should keep all our young players and make real run in 2015-16.

I do your point is well taken. The problem is Green and Bass we are going to be stuck with. Ainge would have made a move if he could have. The six game winning streak was the time to do so.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

concord

It's no longer November or December. You have to think long term. If you think the Celtics can win a championship, beat Miami and OKC or the Clips, then we can trade our young players. But if you think we're only a playoff team then we should keep all our young players and make real run in 2015-16.

Or we could do that. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I now think trading Bass and Green was a missed opportunity.  They are both going to be hard to move.  At least Doc should have Bass coming off the bench and have Green start.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I expect Melo to be called up sooner rather than later.  If Jason Collins played 8 mins today then Melo can also provide those 8 mins perhaps with better production.