celtics vs pistons game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: celtics vs pistons game thread

In 3 mins and 25 secs, Bradley, Moore and Johnson were 0-2 with a -7 EACH.  So, according to my calculations, we were up 18 when they went in, and we won by 11.  MAYBE - just maybe - they are not ready for prime time???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Red, we scored only 10 4th quarter points.  I doubt you can attribute that lack of production in the 4th to the TWO missed shots combined by Bradley, Moore and Johnson in the 3 minutes they played.  For that matter, Pavlovic, Dooling and Quis did nothing either in the 4th and did not appear ready to play in the 4th.

Stiemsma did not look exactly like he did in New Orleans but he did provide that defensive energy on the defensive end.  I think the more these guys get playing time, the more we'll see contributions, little by little.

The starters even played during the 4th quarter and all we mustered was 10 points.  Nobody seemed ready  to play in the 4th.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

He deserves to retire as a Celtic, he's untouchable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: celtics vs pistons game thread:
    [QUOTE]Red, we scored only 10 4th quarter points.  I doubt you can attribute that lack of production in the 4th to the TWO missed shots combined by Bradley, Moore and Johnson in the 3 minutes they played.  For that matter, Pavlovic, Dooling and Quis did nothing either in the 4th and did not appear ready to play in the 4th. Stiemsma did not look exactly like he did in New Orleans but he did provide that defensive energy on the defensive end.  I think the more these guys get playing time, the more we'll see contributions, little by little. The starters even played during the 4th quarter and all we mustered was 10 points.  Nobody seemed ready  to play in the 4th.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

John Wooden always said, "work hard, and my opportunity will come, and when it comes, I have to make the most of it."
    Everyone has been clamoring to play these guys.....they have not shown anything yet.  Some say Doc is just being stubborn.  I have said Doc would play them if they were ready..........................that's all.  Maybe they're not ready yet!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This one was the jermaine o'neal and ray allen show tonight...welcome back jermaine!
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed the Paul Pierce opening act.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]You know, hope I'm not being picky here.  I am grateful for the win but it did not exactly seem decisive.  We should have won this one easily by 20.  We are having some 4th quarter issues with execution. What concerned me was that we scored only 10 points in the 4th quarter.  We played our starters during the 4th yet we scored only 10 points.  THAT is a major concern.  And honestly it did not appear to me that the entire 4th was garbage time.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

We were stuck on 88 for quite a while.  I disagree that the 4th quarter wasn't garbage time though.  The ten points was the first thing I looked at in the boxscore. I hate that we have a first and second team.  I would rather see Doc integrate them more.  Pops does this well with SA.   How many times in the last couple of years have you seen our "second" blow big leads?  Pretty common I think. In the reliability business there is a saying.  "do what you always did, and get what you always got" .   We have to integrate our youth in the game in my opinion.  Those guys will play a lot better if they are out there with Paul, Ray, KG, etc.  Last night in the 4th quarter it was terrible shot or turnover, one after another.  I don't think we have good enough 2nd 5 players to compete, but I think each can contribute if they are used differently.  JMO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In 3 mins and 25 secs, Bradley, Moore and Johnson were 0-2 with a -7 EACH.  So, according to my calculations, we were up 18 when they went in, and we won by 11.  MAYBE - just maybe - they are not ready for prime time???
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Definitely not all playing at the same time.