Celtics VS the Good Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Celtics VS the Good Teams

Here are the teams we have beaten this year.

Top Teams

Oklahoma City

Los Angeles Clippers

New York Knicks

Miami Heat

Chicago Bulls

Playoff teams

Utah Jazz

Houston Rockets

Atlanta Hawks

Brooklyn Nets

Indiana Pacers

Looks to me like we can beat good teams.  Its the teams we should be beating that has cost us our record.  This is why I am not ready to give up yet.

Seems like there are a lot of Rondo fans that want to blow up the team because they don't think we can win without him.  So far we have fared pretty well without him.   After this little run we are back to winning over 60% of our games the last two years without him.  I am not ragging on Rondo here,  merely pointing out that we have had success without him.  I hate hearing how we will miss him when the playoffs start.  Well the regular season  you need to "bring it" as well.  Guys that haven't played well all year are all of a sudden playing well.  I would not be so quick to dismiss our chances.

Now for everyone that  says we can't win a championship.  Well each year only ONE team wins its.  By that line of thinking about 90% of the teams should be looking to make deals. You get to the playoffs and take your chances.

I don't want to break up this team right now. We wait until the last minute.  If we are still playing well before the deadline,  I say we keep going.

I think we will be a tough out for any team in 7 games.  BTW we are only 4 games out of the 4th seed in the East. 5 games out of the 3rd seed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics VS the Good Teams

I wanted to blow it up before Rondo got hurt. it doesn't have anything to do with him.

I just don't see this team getting out of the first round. this team has a lof of bad contracts. If nothing changes next year its an older Pierce, an older KG and another year of bass, terry and Green with Rondo and Sully coming off of injuries.

Honestly that option should scare the Hell out of everybody.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I wanted to blow it up before Rondo got hurt. it doesn't have anything to do with him.

I just don't see this team getting out of the first round. this team has a lof of bad contracts. If nothing changes next year its an older Pierce, an older KG and another year of bass, terry and Green with Rondo and Sully coming off of injuries.

I also want to blow it up. But what if the Celtics end up with a 9-2 or 8-3 record, since Rondo was out, one day before the trade deadline?

Tough decision for Danny Ainge.

I always support the team. If they keep playing well I don't see Ainge making trades.  which means boston almost certainly be worse next year then they are now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You can blow it up but where do we go from there?  The Bulls blew it up even after they just won a championship.  Where did that get them?  How many years ago since they rebuild?  I have no illusion that we have a good chance to win the championship but all I can say is be careful what you wish for if you want to rebuild.  How many years did it take Ainge to get to where we were in 2008?  I know one thing, I am not looking forward to rebuilding years whenever that might be even though that is probably soon.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

You can blow it up but where do we go from there?  The Bulls blew it up even after they just won a championship.  Where did that get them?  How many years ago since they rebuild?  I have no illusion that we have a good chance to win the championship but all I can say is be careful what you wish for if you want to rebuild.  How many years did it take Ainge to get to where we were in 2008?  I know one thing, I am not looking forward to rebuilding years whenever that might be even though that is probably soon.

I didn't mind watching the team at all when they were bad.  Unless they win a championship I enjoy every year pretty much the same and I have been watching since 75 or so.

I would rather be in rebuild mode than be in 8th seed mode for three years. Like I said Terry Pierce and Kg aren't going to be yonger next year and Sully and Rondo are coming off surgeries and they wont have money to get any significant help because of money tied up in Pierce, Green and bass plus the guys I already mentioned and will have a draft pick of like 17 or so.

ugly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

1. Debatable.  Many have said Krause was in big power grab, let phil go, and Jordan disillusioned and pissed off, so he retired.

2. It will be very incredible if Ainge can do it again in 5 years.

I know you have to rebuild sooner or later, and I am saying I am not looking forward to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am torn between the two decisions! On one hand I hate to see the end of the KG era! On the other hand I remember the long stay in mediocrity between the late 80s and 2008, and would like to see DA take action to reduce the amount of time spent rebuilding! 

The question for the C's, is the same question everyone else is asking! Can this team as presently constructed win a title, or at least compete for a title this season? With Rondo as the X factor, I was thinking maybe, but with RR and Sully out, I struggle to see the Cs defeating the Knicks, Heat, Hawks, and or Bulls in 7-game series! Especially when you take into account they will play a combination of those series consecutively, without home court advantage! 

Is a 2nd round exit with only a late round draft pick to rebuild with satifactory? If yes, keep the team in tact! If no, then get something for the players that do not fit in to the teams longterm plans, that have value! 

I can only imagine how much Doc and DA are struggling with the same questions! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

1. So you also think it was premature?  They just won the whole thing, at the very least they had a chance to win again.  A lot of teams would take a chance to be in the mix.

2. 10 years would great for me too.  We are not like the Lakers or the Knicks.  There is usually no short-cut for us.  (The Knicks had some really bad GMs, otherwise they could have done much better, I think.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I am torn between the two decisions! On one hand I hate to see the end of the KG era! On the other hand I remember the long stay in mediocrity between the late 80s and 2008, and would like to see DA take action to reduce the amount of time spent rebuilding! 

The question for the C's, is the same question everyone else is asking! Can this team as presently constructed win a title, or at least compete for a title this season? With Rondo as the X factor, I was thinking maybe, but with RR and Sully out, I struggle to see the Cs defeating the Knicks, Heat, Hawks, and or Bulls in 7-game series! Especially when you take into account they will play a combination of those series consecutively, without home court advantage! 

Is a 2nd round exit with only a late round draft pick to rebuild with satifactory? If yes, keep the team in tact! If no, then get something for the players that do not fit in to the teams longterm plans, that have value! 

I can only imagine how much Doc and DA are struggling with the same questions! 

If the Celtics have a winning record by Feb. 20, keep the team intact and just get a big who can rebound.

I am glad this is DAs decision! He did say in an interview this week that a move would be made, what he didn't say was, who, what, where, and when! 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I also want to blow it up. But what if the Celtics end up with a 9-2 or 8-3 record, since Rondo was out, one day before the trade deadline?

Tough decision for Danny Ainge.

I always support the team. If they keep playing well I don't see Ainge making trades.  which means boston almost certainly be worse next year then they are now.

I don't agree that we will be worse next year.  Sully I look to be a lot better player,  there will be some player changes as well.  PP and KG  will be close to what you see today. New draft picks.  Maybe Melo morphs into something.  We still have a pretty young nucleous, Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley, Lee, and even Bass.  I am not ready to paint the gloom and doom just yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well when I started this thread I was pretty optimistic about us.  Now we are only 3 games in the loss column away from 3rd in our conference.  We continue playing good ball,  don't have any letdowns,  take care of the team we should take care of and we can still be heard from this year.  

We need to finish to the All star break playing well,  get some guys some rest,  come back strong like we usually do.

Most might not consider the Raptors much but they have been playing some good ball,  beat Indiana at Indiana last nite.  

The last couple of years we have had problems beating teams we are clearly better than.Recently we have been doing that.  lets hope it continues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Tell the truth, did you see this team getting out of the first round last year??

Like someone posted, get into the playoffs and anything can happen.... like it almost did for us last season.

Im not interested in rebuilding or even next year... Im interested in this season. Rebuilding doesnt guarantee youre gonna be a good team in the next few years... so why break up a decent team today and dump your stars?

We have a legit shot... as good as anyone else in the East except the Heat (maybe the Knicks too) cause the East isnt that strong.. We also have a bench thats finally getting more minutes and remember.... now that Rondo is gone, we have a respectable defense again..

Sullys loss hurts alot though... still we're in the hunt imo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Tell the truth, did you see this team getting out of the first round last year??

Like someone posted, get into the playoffs and anything can happen.... like it almost did for us last season.

Im not interested in rebuilding or even next year... Im interested in this season. Rebuilding doesnt guarantee youre gonna be a good team in the next few years... so why break up a decent team today and dump your stars?

We have a legit shot... as good as anyone else in the East except the Heat (maybe the Knicks too) cause the East isnt that strong.. We also have a bench thats finally getting more minutes and remember.... now that Rondo is gone, we have a respectable defense again..

I do agree with that. I didn't think last years team had any shot at all and they almost made the finals.

There is no doubt this years team is better than last years so there is always a shot. Last year the bench was Sasha, Hollins, Daniels and Dooling.  Seriously bad.

I was in favor of blowing it up but the way they are playing it seems like the Celtics need to ride it out.  They have a shot, even though its a small one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I do agree with that. I didn't think last years team had any shot at all and they almost made the finals.

There is no doubt this years team is better than last years so there is always a shot. Last year the bench was Sasha, Hollins, Daniels and Dooling.  Seriously bad.

I was in favor of blowing it up but the way they are playing it seems like the Celtics need to ride it out.  They have a shot, even though its a small one.

I was the one that said to just get in the playoffs and anything can happen.  I remember the Grizz knocking the Spurs out.  I remember the Warriors getting the 8th see (maybe the last game of the season)  knocking a Maverick Team that had won 65-66 games that year.  Thats 2 number one seeds losing to number 8 seeds.   Lots of things can happen.  One team can get really hot say from 3 pt land,  one team can lose a important player to injury,  or a player can be hampered enough to make a difference.  Refs can also come into play.  Maybe a ref doesn't give all the superstar calls that a lot of times makes difference in a game.

I also remember a Rocket team that played around 500 all year got to the finals,  I think maybe a Kansas City team did the same.

Like I said,  get there and anything can happen.  With a team like we got,  defense first  I can see us beating anyone in the East.  I only worry about the West when we get there.

During the Laker game I don't remember the exact stats but since Avery came back we are at the top of most every defensive stat there is.

One other thing is everyone,  including me has talked about getting rid of Bass.  While he is a favorite whipping boy,  he does fill a need for us,  hitting the open jumper.  He has been making them lately.  While we could use a upgrade there,  he still has some value to us for that reason.  I remember a lot of big shots he has hit.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

but all those wins were all at home for the most part. when we can go into a miami or okc and kick them in the grill there, i will be more comfortable

our success this year will be due to our second unit.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I was the one that said to just get in the playoffs and anything can happen.  I remember the Grizz knocking the Spurs out.  I remember the Warriors getting the 8th see (maybe the last game of the season)  knocking a Maverick Team that had won 65-66 games that year.  Thats 2 number one seeds losing to number 8 seeds.   Lots of things can happen.  One team can get really hot say from 3 pt land,  one team can lose a important player to injury,  or a player can be hampered enough to make a difference.  Refs can also come into play.  Maybe a ref doesn't give all the superstar calls that a lot of times makes difference in a game.

I also remember a Rocket team that played around 500 all year got to the finals,  I think maybe a Kansas City team did the same.

Like I said,  get there and anything can happen.  With a team like we got,  defense first  I can see us beating anyone in the East.  I only worry about the West when we get there.

During the Laker game I don't remember the exact stats but since Avery came back we are at the top of most every defensive stat there is.

One other thing is everyone,  including me has talked about getting rid of Bass.  While he is a favorite whipping boy,  he does fill a need for us,  hitting the open jumper.  He has been making them lately.  While we could use a upgrade there,  he still has some value to us for that reason.  I remember a lot of big shots he has hit.

they are playing too well to blow it up now. I don't think Ainge could blow it up if he wanted to.

I only hope they continue to do so after the trading deadline.