Celtics vs Thunder 03/10/13

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: Celtics vs Thunder 03/10/13

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Matchups man...the NBA game is all about matchups.  The redhead was looking through my trash last night.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Example of a "good loss". They didn't collapse on the road against a team with an amazing home and away reocrd. They were always in the game. Held OKC to under 91pts, which is a feat in itself. Our HOF-ers had poor showings, yet the kids kept us in it. NOBODY thought we'd beat them in OKC having won in Boston already. We played a poor offensive game overall, and had a poor offensive sowing, BUT they neveer mailed it in. GOOD LOSS!

Only 1 HOF-er had a poor showing.

Pierce played well, 20 points. Without Pierce the game would've been over in the 2nd or 3rd qtr.

OK, fair enough. PP played OK on the offensive end, but wasn't really in on D much. Regardless, I still see this as a loss that the team will get past by the end of the flight.

No doubt this loss is not a big deal.

I'm just concerned about KG's disappearing act when it matters the most. Just like Game 7 of the 2010 Finals and last year's Game 7 against the Heat.

The Celtics can still get to the Finals. But KG needs to rise to the occasion.

Absolutely agree. Ironically, I think today's game had alot to do with Perk being out there. KG just seems a little too forgiving and less serious with his intensity when he plays against Perk. Its like a proud Dad playing against his Son out there. KG and Fish are very close outside fo the gym  too. He definitely isn't at his best when he isn't playing with attitude. He's gotta quit that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

So how's did bradley's shooting the last 3 games Fierce?

Awesome? Mediocare? average? or what? 

So you're going to manipulate the facts by only showing us the games where Bradley didn't shoot well?

HAHAHA

How about this CHE, how's Bradley's shooting the last 10 games? 

Awesome? Mediocre? Average? Or what?

No that's not the point. I like Bradley - what I don't like was your garbage hit or miss zhyte. You open your mouth so fast. When bradley is consistent - that's the time you open your azz.....but until then  don't let your FUNGUS grows in your tongue.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Give credit to Bass, 7 rebounds already at halftime.

He is also playing god D as of late...even uses both hands.>>

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Its true that KG is making way too much money...but then so are a ton of other guys in the league. One thing though: without him we do not even make the playoffs. And you can take that to the bank.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Yeah, lets get into that argument again.......!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I don't understand where this KG discussion came from.

1) This is not a crucial game for the season, just another game against a good team in the west. The game against the bobcast is at least as important.

2) KG shot the ball poorly but besides that he played a good game (D and Rebounds). 3-4 more makes and it is an good game overall.

3) KG is not known for shooting to much and a lot of our shooters tonight were off (e.g. Terry) or afraid to shoot (e.g. Green).

If we want to discuss this (interesting) topic, it should be a separate thread as there is no correlation with the OKC game.

P.S. Duncan had his fair share for the playoff loss of the Spurs last year with poor shooting especially from the line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Bass can do a lot more if he can dunk, shoot, and rebound with one hand.

Wilcox is a perfect example. When Wilcox gets the ball near the basket, it's automatic 2 points because he can score with one hand or 2 hands.

What about jumping off one hand as well? Insert: diabolically devilish cur. I thought I noticed Bass jump off one foot in the Pacer game on a dunk attempt-to no avail. I guess its too late to teach an old cur new tricks...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Interesting, 

KG had a bad game and Jeff Green had a bad game, If one does not, it is likely that the outcome would be different. They picked a bad time to go cold in the fourth quarter.

Their defense was pretty good, and rebounds were pretty good against a very good team on the road.

The bigest surpise of the game was seeing Perk come out to guard KG away from the basket. I thought that KG would dribble around him, but he did  not.

KG has had some great games with high shooting percentages lately, but not today, Some days you play the Pacers or the Heat and win, and some days you play OKC and lose. We split the series this season with OKC. It is not what we wanted by it is just one game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

HERO ball 3 by PP.....

Look at Terry 1 for 2 and Green 4for 5.  Paul takes too many shots.  And Garnett against this big front line takes 18 shots.  Shortsighted basketball considering what has worked with the bench since Rondo got hurt. 

Yea Paul forced up a huge 12 shots today.  Shoots 14.5 a game.  I think some of you guys just have a anti Paul organ in your bodys and flat out can't help yourself.  I don't know what game you were watching but Green was 2-11 against the Thunder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

HERO ball 3 by PP.....

Look at Terry 1 for 2 and Green 4for 5.  Paul takes too many shots.  And Garnett against this big front line takes 18 shots.  Shortsighted basketball considering what has worked with the bench since Rondo got hurt. 

Green is 2 for 10.

He has looked very passive today. I wonder if the C's employ a sports psychologist. He seems to have this self-defeating personality. He just doesn't have much confidence in himself.

I would rather him take a 3 pter than shoot some of the shots he took yesteday.  I think he can make a good percentage anyway.  Its not like he gets his own rebound anyway so I don't think it would hurt.  Would also pull their big that much further out if he could make some.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

I'm not that impressed with OKC

I bet there are a lot of  NBA teams that feel differently.  We played a hell of a defensive game. You look at the score and they did as well.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Example of a "good loss". They didn't collapse on the road against a team with an amazing home and away reocrd. They were always in the game. Held OKC to under 91pts, which is a feat in itself. Our HOF-ers had poor showings, yet the kids kept us in it. NOBODY thought we'd beat them in OKC having won in Boston already. We played a poor offensive game overall, and had a poor offensive sowing, BUT they neveer mailed it in. GOOD LOSS!

Only 1 HOF-er had a poor showing.

Pierce played well, 20 points. Without Pierce the game would've been over in the 2nd or 3rd qtr.

OK, fair enough. PP played OK on the offensive end, but wasn't really in on D much. Regardless, I still see this as a loss that the team will get past by the end of the flight.

Totally ridiculous statement.  He guard Durant the whole game for the most part.  Maybe you didn't realize the guy wins scoring championships on a regular basis.  He played a hell of a defense on Durant.  Unreal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Interesting, 

KG had a bad game and Jeff Green had a bad game, If one does not, it is likely that the outcome would be different. They picked a bad time to go cold in the fourth quarter.

Their defense was pretty good, and rebounds were pretty good against a very good team on the road.

The bigest surpise of the game was seeing Perk come out to guard KG away from the basket. I thought that KG would dribble around him, but he did  not.

KG has had some great games with high shooting percentages lately, but not today, Some days you play the Pacers or the Heat and win, and some days you play OKC and lose. We split the series this season with OKC. It is not what we wanted by it is just one game.

A lot of overreaction to KG.  Geez he is what he is.  We have been playing well and lose and now KG is the target.  No he doesn't play well every game but he is important to our team.  Guess what,  I could care less how much he makes. We would be in the lottery without him or Pierce.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The objective is to win a championship, not just make the playoffs.

I'm just used to seeing great Celtic big men winning 2 or more championships during their time in Boston.

You mean teams like the ones that not only had Bird,  but also McHale, and the Chief?  Pretty sure if KG had those guys with him , especially during his prime he more than likely would have had more than one.

KG is old and still productive.  I would rather see what we have going on now with a small chance to win that hang out in the lottery every year for the next 10 years.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not sure how old you are but I saw Cowens and Bird era.  I didn't see anything with Russell. So there are a ton of years from then to now I haven't seen multiple championships.  Why take away one championship because we didn't get two.  You said yourself that if we had one big man this year would could win it all.  KG being the only big man on our team makes it even harder for him.  I won't take anything away from KG for that reason.

As far as his career he has been great.  He had no one with him in Minny. There have been a lot of great players that never  has one even one championship,  many more that hasn't even played in the championship series.

25. This post has been removed.