Celtics vs Thunder 03/10/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celtics vs Thunder 03/10/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Not sure how old you are but I saw Cowens and Bird era.  I didn't see anything with Russell. So there are a ton of years from then to now I haven't seen multiple championships.  Why take away one championship because we didn't get two.  You said yourself that if we had one big man this year would could win it all.  KG being the only big man on our team makes it even harder for him.  I won't take anything away from KG for that reason.

As far as his career he has been great.  He had no one with him in Minny. There have been a lot of great players that never  has one even one championship,  many more that hasn't even played in the championship series.

Let's just put it this way, I was very happy when the Celts won in 2008. I waited for that moment since 1987.

But how much KG makes is related to the Celts' inability to sign another big man. KG keeps asking for big money. In Minny he signed a 126m 6-year contract. 

This season KG still went after big money. If only KG did what Shaq did, take less money, the Celts would have had more salary cap flexibility.

Pretty sure he could have made more elsewhere if he wanted.  Not too many player take less monty.  I can't blame him for that. If we hadn't spent the money on Bass it would have help too.  It was said that he was signed or lose him,  then we can trade him.  Guess what, no one wants him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celtics vs Thunder 03/10/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Pretty sure he could have made more elsewhere if he wanted.  Not too many player take less monty.  I can't blame him for that. If we hadn't spent the money on Bass it would have help too.  It was said that he was signed or lose him,  then we can trade him.  Guess what, no one wants him.

Didn't KG say he would only play for Doc and the Celts? 

Here's the thing, last summer the Celts couldn't do anything until they signed KG or let KG go. So when the Celts signed KG, it was a given that the Celts would not be a team under the salary cap. So signing Bass really didn't hurt the Celts' cap space because the Celts were already above the cap.

Yes KG said that, but that has nothing to do with what he signed for.  Like I said he could more than likely gotten more elsewhere.

Bass is Bass.  I didn't say he hurt our cap space.  Everyone knows what happened here. My point here was we signed him and many posters here said we signed him to include with another player to get a top notch player.  I was saying no one wants him because we paid him too much.  I believe you were one of the ones that said he would bring us a higher priced player.  Am I wrong?  Many here now say Bass should be on the bench and playing very little.  So we pay a lot of money for someone that many think shouldn't be playing? We have gone so far as to say White should be getting him time.  I think you also agreed with that.  I may also agree there.  If we can get a China player at min. money,  why pay Bass that kind of money?

4. This post has been removed.