Celtics waive Keyon Dooling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Celtics waive Keyon Dooling

weird..wants to pursue other interests outside of the NBA..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Celtics waive Keyon Dooling

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/celtics-waive-dooling

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

perhaps. im kinda dissapointed. appreciated his intensity and energy, not to mention vet leadership.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

That's good news for Christmas and Joseph.

Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee and Christmas is still one of the best guard rotations in the entire league, together with the Clips and the Nets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Interesting.  He was a good chemistry guy, even though he didn't do a whole lot on the floor.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

I wonder did the Celtics knew about this and thus decided to sign Darko.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Houston will be the youngest team in the NBA and they have no chance a the playoffs.

Youth is good when you have talent too.

[/QUOTE]

The youngest team will be the Wizards.  You really need to follow some other teams other than the Celtics.  http://sportige.com/youngest-teams-08-2012-in-the-nba/

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

How can they determine final ages when the Rockets still have 20 players under contract?

Houston will be the youngest team when the season starts.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  How do you know?  

Oh that's right.  You don't.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

snakey is in a bad mood tonight.

Don't you like the Lurch signing?

[/QUOTE]

I'm in a great mood dude man.  why would me making fun of a creepy guy that hangs out on a Celtics board all day and all night make me seem like I was in a bad mood?  Darko is just a depth signing, why wouldn't I like it?  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

You seem more worked up then normal.
    Hope you get out of your funk soon.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I am so worked up I posted 33 times on a post about Darko.  Oh wait.  That was you.

You have a good night babe. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

TommySpeculates is at it again

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Was never sold on Dooling (despite being a solid citizen and a tough defender he's s hoot-first point who disrupts the offense), though this does leave them again without a legitimate option as back-up point guard. His departure definitely does not mean anything in terms of scrap heap players like smith and christmas landing on the 12 man roster (barring injury both will not even be on the 15) and ainge will almost certainly go out and acquire a veteran pg (though he has surprised before by not doing so). Terry can fill minutes there to be sure, but personally I'd feel much better with a reliable guy on the bench. Milicic pick-up means more flexibility with the rookies up front, which is a good thing as Melo is definitely going to need time to develop and who knows what we'll get with Sullinger. 

Roster certains:

4/5s Milicic; Collins; Garnett; Wilcox; Bass; Sullinger  

Ideally there's be a true starting center but likely Garnett remains there and Milicic and Collins fill minutes.

The nice part of signing Milicic is Wilcox can stick to playing back-up 4 minutes, the spot you'd like to see him. 

3s Green; Pierce (we're fine here and they could play together if the celts decide to go small).

1/2s Bradley; Terry; Rondo; Lee (other than bradley's injury the only issue os the lack of a true pg to back-up rondo, but might be fine with Terry filling this spot). 

If Bradley is not on the roster to start the season his spot will likely be filled by Melo or a free agent pg they pick-up (or Smith). 

Joseph; Williams; Christmas; Smith, etc. will fight it out for the final 1 or 2 spots to round out the final 15.  If any of them start the season on the 12 man roster it will only because they are keeping Bradleys seat warm. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You seem more worked up then normal.
    Hope you get out of your funk soon.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I am so worked up I posted 33 times on a post about Darko.  Oh wait.  That was you.

You have a good night babe. 

[/QUOTE]

You have a knack for getting undstep troll's skins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Dooling was just awful during the regular season and only played with any degree of competence in the playoffs in short spurts.  In fact, he was my least favorite Celtics player last year, so this is very likely a very positive move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dooling was just awful during the regular season and only played with any degree of competence in the playoffs in short spurts.  In fact, he was my least favorite Celtics player last year, so this is very likely a very positive move.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, man is your avatar a Rickenbacher?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Just read on Hoopshype that Dooling is interested in joining the Heat.......................what gives???

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I liked Dooling and thought he played very well in the playoffs.  The question of who backs up Rondo is now in full focus.  If Rondo goes down so do the Celtics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://hoopshype.com/   he's not going to the heat....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

yeah we need a backup PG...people say terry can play it..he can for a little..but terry is a scorer he should be at SG.