Celtics want the 2nd seed imo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Celtics want the 2nd seed imo.

They would rather play the Bulls in the 2nd round ,then the Magic.
    I think Ainge realized they couldn't hold off the Heat for the number 1 seed. 

He realized they would play Philly or New York and then the Bulls or Knicks in round 2.
    The Heat have been the best team in the NBA,since their slow start.
    The Magic are about locked into 4/5 seed,so Danny figured they will avoid Howard in the playoffs.
    He also figured they needed offense off the bench,if they played Dallas or the Spurs in the finals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Celtics want the 2nd seed imo.

Don't be stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Danny may have gambled that we'd gte the 2 seed, but he doesn't 'want' the 2 seed

and despite all those who claim Perk was so great vs. howard... Baby and Shaq are pretty good options to guard him and Green helps us a lot vs. Turkoglu, leeing Pierce play more SG

We can get the 1 seed and need not be afraid of the Magic or Hawks in rd 1.

If we slip to the 3 seed, and possibly need 7 games to get by the Knicks in rd 1... THAT would be horrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I think only the Heat can catch them. Its highly unlikely they let the Bulls pass them too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Don't forget the Celtics can still get the best record in the NBA. Check out the Spurs schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Why would a team play for the 2nd seed? Doesn't make sense to me.

Spurs are a solid team, they're really flying under the radar IMO. All the attention seems to be focused on the East right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Celts definitely needs to get the 1 seed, but Celts definitely cannot fall to the 3rd seed and have to play Knicks or Hawks in first round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I don't know, notrade.

The trade for green and Krytic may make us more competitve against the teams that we face for the rest of the regular season. We will not play the Magic or the Lakers again.

The matchups against those two teams will not be a factor until the play-offs.

The Celtics record could actually improve when we are no longer short handed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Celtics want the 2nd seed imo.:
    [QUOTE]They would rather play the Bulls in the 2nd round ,then the Magic.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Bulls will be harder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Make no mistake the C's want homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

Lessoned learned last year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics want the 2nd seed imo.:
    [QUOTE]Make no mistake the C's want homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs. Lessoned learned last year
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

EGGSACTLY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would much rather play ORL than CHI - are you kidding me with this?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Last team in the east we want to face is the Bulls.

Would be nice to see them & Heat go at it in the semi's.

Magic may be easier series for us than the Bulls

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

No way.  You want to avoid playing both the Bulls and Heat.  No one wants to give up home court.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yes, keep those two on the same side of the bracket.  I'd rather have NY in the second round than chicago or miami.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, keep those two on the same side of the bracket.  I'd rather have NY in the second round than chicago or miami.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

NY will likely not be able to move higher than the #6 seed, which would mean they would have to beat CHI/MIA to get to the second round.  They are not a 1st round opponent you want to see but I don't know I'd like them against either of those teams in a 7 gamer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Youdo not tempt fate by picking your seed - if you do you get what you deserve

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Last team in the east we want to face is the Bulls. Would be nice to see them & Heat go at it in the semi's. Magic may be easier series for us than the Bulls
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

100% agree

Shaq and Baby can play Howard 1 on 1, we know this

Then the ENTIRE rest of the Celts roster is superior to  Orlando

meanwhile... the bulls can nuetralize KG w/ Noah, Boozer is better than Baby/Shaq and Rondo will need a string of 14 points 16 assist, 8 rebound 4 steal games to beat the 25-8 Rose puts up each night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]They would rather play the Bulls in the 2nd round ,then the Magic. I think Ainge realized they couldn't hold off the Heat for the number 1 seed.    He realized they would play Philly or New York and then the Bulls or Knicks in round 2. The Heat have been the best team in the NBA,since their slow start. The Magic are about locked into 4/5 seed,so Danny figured they will avoid Howard in the playoffs. He also figured they needed offense off the bench,if they played Dallas or the Spurs in the finals.

Is this you being a FANatic????  This is all in YOUR head!!!!!  This thread is a waist of bandwidth.  Site links to this assertion!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

No way I think the Bulls are WAY better than the Magic. IMO there are 7 legit teams vying for a title. Boston, LA, MIA, San Antonio, Dallas, Chicago, and now OKC. But the Bulls scare me more than any other team in the East, including the Heat (if only because we beat them with half a team and 1 point from PP). Derrick Rose is a top 3 PG and a legit MVP. He can steal it, score it, shoot it, pass it etc. Deng is really underrated IMO. He is a good shooter, good at getting to the basket, and seems like a clutch player. Boozer is a good post scorer and rebounder, and Noah is a good defender and a RIDICULOUS rebounder on both sides of the ball. It seems to me he gets most of his points on tip ins.

The Magic don't truely have someone they can hand the ball to in the 4th quarter to close games out. Don't cite Howard, he is not a truely elite offensive player. Great rebounder, defender, blocks a ton of shots, etc. But has truely limited post moves (although he is admitedly on fire now he cannot possibly keep up this pace). Other than Howard, there entire offense is chucking up 3's which is an inconsistent at best. All you have to do is close out on the shooters, and let Howard try to do his thing. A combo of Shaq and Baby can keep him from totally going off. Perk was better, but we don't lose that much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]They would rather play the Bulls in the 2nd round ,then the Magic. I think Ainge realized they couldn't hold off the Heat for the number 1 seed.    He realized they would play Philly or New York and then the Bulls or Knicks in round 2. The Heat have been the best team in the NBA,since their slow start. The Magic are about locked into 4/5 seed,so Danny figured they will avoid Howard in the playoffs. He also figured they needed offense off the bench,if they played Dallas or the Spurs in the finals.

Wow - when you and Danny talked about this, did he share any other inside thinking with you?  Seriously?  You actually wrote that as if there's actually any truth to it.  Amazing.