Celtics Will Be Contenders In 3 Years?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics Will Be Contenders In 3 Years?

5-years minimum, unless the b-ball gods decide to look down and smile upon us!

Playoff team maybe - contender not in my opinion! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think it would be possible if we got a great pick who turned out to be the next magic johnson.  Unlikely but possible.  I think the group we have would be good enough complementary players if we had a great player.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If he was the next magic he wouldn't need time to develop....remember that magic played only 1 year of college too.

That's why I didn't say the next MJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

celtics winning the division in three years sounds more realistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I think a deal similar to the KG for Big Al deal will not happen again." 

paging Kevin McHale!!!! 

we need to get him another GM position - he bleeds greeen!!!!!

Thanks Kevin for the rings!!!! (Yours and KGs!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he was the next magic he wouldn't need time to develop....remember that magic played only 1 year of college too.

[/QUOTE]

The draft system was quite different back then.  Lakers was not a bad team to begin with and got the first overall pick not by being a bad team.  Magic came into a pretty good team, that is unlikely to happen in the system we have today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Magic played 2 years at Michigan state.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Sorry, didn't remember that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They will not be contenders in three years unless they get extremely lucky in the draft - and even then they'd need to trade for/sign a few high quality vets to round out the roster.  There are only so many LeBrons and Durants out there, and the only way to get a player of that calibre is to draft him or to find team with a KG-like player at a low point where they're trying to rebuild too.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't remember that.

[/QUOTE]  I wish i didn't. Shows i'm getting old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They will not be contenders in three years unless they get extremely lucky in the draft - and even then they'd need to trade for/sign a few high quality vets to round out the roster.  There are only so many LeBrons and Durants out there, and the only way to get a player of that calibre is to draft him or to find team with a KG-like player at a low point where they're trying to rebuild too.   

[/QUOTE]

D,ont worry,yhat is Danny job and he very good trader.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Danny is a very good trader, but if the Celts are to become contenders in 3 years, Rondo has to stay.

If Rondo stays then the likes of Sully, Jeff Green, and Bradley are the ones going to be offered in a trade.

Will Sully, Bradley, and Green get us a franchise player in return?

[/QUOTE]

Sullinger, Bradley and Green are complementary players.  They are decent players on winning teams but I doubt you build around any of them.  That is unless DA gets a franchise-type player in the draft.  In order to get anything of value those three players would need to be part of a package, assuming they have the value and upside some think they do. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5-years minimum, unless the b-ball gods decide to look down and smile upon us!

Playoff team maybe - contender not in my opinion! 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...many new guys have to be added...lots of personnel upgrades needed...and then consolidation of a real team...they are merely starting rightr now...give it time, have patience

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Danny's following the Houston method of rebuilding in 1-2 yrs. Start with a franchise player (Harden for them & Rondo for us), add some dept thru the draft and complimentary players and then a major FA (DH in Houston and TBD in Boston) decides that's the best place for him to have a chance to win a championship.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Danny also has 9 first round picks over the next five years to work with. They can totally rebuild in 3 years to the point where they are in the ECF.

Keep Rondo, trade picks, Green, KO, Sully, and Brooks along with draft picks for vets like Aldridge, Horford ... shooters like Hayward or in 2015 go after big free agents like Lopez or Gasol

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny also has 9 first round picks over the next five years to work with. They can totally rebuild in 3 years to the point where they are in the ECF.

Keep Rondo, trade picks, Green, KO, Sully, and Brooks along with draft picks for vets like Aldridge, Horford ... shooters like Hayward or in 2015 go after big free agents like Lopez or Gasol

[/QUOTE]

Come on, man, teams will not trade the likes of Aldridge or Lopez for our 1st rounders that are in the 20s.

Remember, out of the 9 draft picks you're talking about half of them are from either the Nets or Clips. Both teams are playoff teams.

And guys like Hayward or Horford will not take you to the ECF.

Horford and the Hawks have been trying to reach the ECF since 2008.

Think about it, contending teams guys like Lebron, Durant, Rose, and Kyrie Irving, in the near future, and you're saying the Celts will be just as good if they had Horford and Hayward.

No way!

[/QUOTE] Horford if he is the third best player. Hayward is no better than what we have now.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly ... And when you are in the ECF you ARE a CONTENDER!