Celtics/Wizards trade idea

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Celtics/Wizards trade idea

You made the trade machine numbers work but you offered a trade that is good for one team and crummy for another. 

Teams aren't calling to find out what it takes to get Brandon Bass. C'mon.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

You made the trade machine numbers work but you offered a trade that is good for one team and crummy for another. 

Teams aren't calling to find out what it takes to get Brandon Bass. C'mon.

Right.  Brandon Bass has ZERO trade value.  If you are an NBA GM scratching your head and unable to find a 6-8 tweener who has no low post game and is not a good rebounder, then you should be fired because those type of players are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

G0 - The issue with this trade is that the Wiz do want to make a run at the playoffs this year and Okafor-Humphries is a step back (and possibly big one) at the 5.  Serafin has his moments, but they like the Okafor/nene combo.  While not an all-star Okafor also had a very good 2nd half last year.  I can't imagine the Wiz wanting to take a step back at the 5 to add better depth at the 4 - even thugh I agree with you that I think Bass has more trade value than many here... solid perieter shooter, and better than expected defender (or has anyone forgotten his defense on Carmelo) on an acceptable salary for a 7th man coming off the bench for a good team.

My other issue with the original trade from the C's end is that I think I'd want to keep the Kings' 2nd round picks at the moment.  I think you are undervaluing them - especially if the Kings continue to be a poorly run organization (yes new ownership migh tchange that) and those picks end up in the 30-40 range.  Keep Humphries and clear the space at the end of the season and then look to move Bass on an expiring deal for better return than Vesely/Singleton...

Totally hypothetical - would you give away Bass for Vesely/Singleton (neither having shown much real promise ot date and both with tema oiptions next year) just to clear Bass's contract after this year.