Who would play point guard if Rondo is trades to the Lakers? Then the C's
    would be like the Lakers' basically.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients

In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Come on, Kirk! That's 1 game and a 39-point blowout. Remember Game 4 at Staples, when the Celts were down 22 in the 1st half? It was House who punched the Lakers in the grill with 3-pointers down the stretch for a Celts come from behind victory. Rondo has not been great from day one, stop lying! It was only in 2009 when Rondo had a breakout season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Let me expand on this a little further.  Rondo was a factor in more than that one game your referring to.  He played heavy minutes the first two games, both wins dishing out 7 and 16 assists, yes 16 assists in one game.  He struggled on the road and his minutes went down considerably.  House had pretty much been sitting the bench a lot at that time and I as were a few others around wondering why he wasn't playing more.  The first two games of the series House did not even get off the bench. He finally started getting minutes the third game and hit a couple and thats when Doc started playing him again.  Cassel pretty much was a 7 minute a game player. Didn't even get off the bench in the final game.  Most everyone around here wasn't real happy with Sam's play for most of the time he was here.

Now Rondo wasn't a great player from day one but during the coarse of the year Bob Cousy on many occasions said he was the best distributing point guard he had seen in many years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Here's the thing, keeping Rondo is a good thing. But most likely it will not result in a championship. With no adequate rebounding and lack of inside scoring, there's no way the Celts will be able to beat the Heat, Bulls, and Knicks in the playoffs.  In 2008 Rondo was a surprise, teams didn't expect he was that good. But after Phil Jackson figured it out, put Kobe on Rondo and force Rondo shoot from the outside, the rest of the NBA caught up. Even if we have a successful regular season this year, by playoff time it would be the same story, Rondo's man will roam and protect the paint. Once that happens KG and Bass will have a hard time scoring. Again, I'm fine with keeping Rondo as he's fun to watch. But expecting a Finals appearance with this current Celts team, I don't think so.

I am fine with him as well unless we can improve ourselves thru him. Without him this year we would probably stink. He has his warts and shooting is the main one. He can be, has been, and will be a effective player regardless. Top 5- doubtful.  Lets face it the stars are going to have to be aligned perfectly for us to win a championship. But I have not given up hope and won't until we get knocked out of the playoffs. I was one of the few that thought Dallas could win it last year. Probably because I live very close to them and see a lot of their games. With that being said no one would have picked them last year.  Not many thought they could beat the heat.  You know what KG  says. Injuries will be our number one obstacle, followed closely by someone else besides the Big Three scoring points. I do think Rondo will shoot better this year, basically because I don't think he can shoot any worse. Our second team has to have someone create for them and Rondo can't play 48 minutes a game. I hope I am wrong about Dooling but I doubt it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think Rondo for Gasol is GOOD, but I think Rondo for Bynum is better!!
    Make LAL wait until they see how terrible they are with NO PG.  That's what Red would do - "if you want to get, you have to give."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : The Lakers would look good if they Kobe, Bynum, and Rondo.  Rondo lobbing it to Bynum would be the Laker version of lob city. And Kobe will just focus on scoring as Rondo is always a willing passer.

Not our job to make them look good - that's Memphis' job, and those days are over.  Danny should hold out for Bynum - why should they get younger, while we get older?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : We get older but we get a shot at the Finals. Miami with Bosh and Joel Anthony and Chicago with Noah and Boozer will not beat a Celtic team with KG and Pau Gasol.  Worst case scenario, Dooling is the PG. Will Chalmers or Rose leave Dooling open for a jump shot or a 3-point shot? Of course not! So that's 5 players on the court for the Celtics who can score and make their FTs.

I would like your trade only if we can pry one of the 10 point guards away from the T-Wolves.  Not sold on Dooling as our starter.  So, a 3 way trade between MN, BOS and LAL would make me happy!

Rondo and Bradley to LAL
    JON to MN
    BOS gets Gasol and Luke Ridnour- works on trade machine.  THAT, my friend, is a scary team!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : The Lakers would look good if they Kobe, Bynum, and Rondo.  Rondo lobbing it to Bynum would be the Laker version of lob city. And Kobe will just focus on scoring as Rondo is always a willing passer.

First off the Lakers won't trade Gasol for Rondo.  Aint  happening.  You said yourself its easier to find a PG than a big person.  The Lakers don't have a good PG.  We do.  We went many years without a good PG.  The things you say they do to Rondo in Boston you don't think they would do to him in LA?  We more than likely are going to have to keep RR and it may end up being the best thing. He will shoot better this year.  I suspect he will shoot above 70% on free throws as well.  If you can convince the Lakers to give us Gasol please do.  Otherwise I think we are going to have to live with what we got.  Which aint bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

[QUOTE]Because of his long arms, Bass is generously listed at 6'8". You can forget about him playing center, however. Baby could because he had the wide body and knew how to use it. Bass is a better player, but not as versatile. So far, I don't like Dooling. Rondo is your fast break. Trade him and we might as well watch womens basketball.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Dave Cowens was the Celtic center and he was 6'8" but he is also a hall of famer. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Dave Cowens was the Celtic center and he was 6'8" but he is also a hall of famer. 
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

In the Name of GOD, please do not mention my childhood idol in the same sentence as a fat baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Why would the Celtics make a trade that makes the Lakers better? Who cares what they need? I would think it's more desirable to make a trade that improves the Celtics and makes the Lakers worse (by not adding the player the Celtics might acquire). Let the Lakers make even more subtrative trades like the one that took Odumb and brought nothing in return. I'd rather have Rondo running the team than Gasol slowing it down. How many 31 y-o centers are still highly effective; everyone here is blasting JO (a year and 10 mos. older) on an hourly basis and some want another 7-footer who's wearing down. Besides, who wants to see the Big Flopper in a Celtics uniform anyhow? The guy embarrasses himself and his teammates with those non-contact flops. He ultimate should go to Miami to join that trio of pathetically "Stanisavskis" - thanks, Johnny.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

OH SH#T!!!  Is this a CELTICS board???? Why the f v ck would the Celtics ever do a trade with the FAKERS?  Even suggesting that Fierce, you lose points with me.  I don't give a f v ck who they have that we need and vice versa.  Celtics and Fakers are like oil and water.  Ga Soft in Green?    H E L L NO!!!!!!!!    Rondo for Gasoft has to be the worst thing Ive ever read on here. Even some of C-C long diatribes are better than this trade proposal.  How can a true CELTICS fan even think of such blasphemy!!!

DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]OH SH#T!!!  Is this a CELTICS board???? Why the f v ck would the Celtics ever do a trade with the FAKERS?  Even suggesting that Fierce, you lose points with me.  I don't give a f v ck who they have that we need and vice versa.  Celtics and Fakers are like oil and water.  Ga Soft in Green?    H E L L NO!!!!!!!!    Rondo for Gasoft has to be the worst thing Ive ever read on here. Even some of C-C long diatribes are better than this trade proposal.  How can a true CELTICS fan even think of such blasphemy!!! DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

That sounds like extremism. The Celtics and Lakers did a trade a few years back that sent Gary Payton to the Celtics in exchange for Chris Mihm. Guess objectivity goes out the window once hate takes over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

If Rondo shoots 70% on his FTs I will change my mind about wanting to trade Rondo.

gee, won't that be a fine day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : That sounds like extremism. The Celtics and Lakers did a trade a few years back that sent Gary Payton to the Celtics in exchange for Chris Mihm. Guess objectivity goes out the window once hate takes over.
    Posted by kycleptic[/QUOTE]

Neither were long term Celtics and payton was at the end of his career.  Rondo is just getting started.  

I was born and raised in LA and have never liked the Fakers.  We dont need any help from them or help them.  

So yes, I HATE the lakers.