CELTS IN TROUBLE ON THURSDAY & SUNDAY.. TOUGH WITHOUT QUIS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CELTS IN TROUBLE ON THURSDAY & SUNDAY.. TOUGH WITHOUT QUIS!

almost kidding but seriously do we now c how valuable quis is... he could have played some PG last night. sub in for paul and what not. i put him right up there with the big 4 and shaq as far as indispensable guys. we can win without baby but not quis! with a ticked off kobe coming in and injuries to 3 of our big men, we are right back to where we were in the finals (worse actually)...miami is ticked off too and will be playing for sole possession of first. we can still recover after the all-star break but we will be in second in the conference by then!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: CELTS IN TROUBLE ON WEDNESDAY... CAN'T WIN WITHOUT QUIS!

In Response to CELTS IN TROUBLE ON WEDNESDAY... CAN'T WIN WITHOUT QUIS!:
    [QUOTE]almost kidding but seriously do we now c how valuable quis is... he could have played some PG last night. sub in for paul and what not. i put him right up there with the big 4 and shaq as for as indispensable guys. we can win without baby but not quis! with a ticked off kobe coming in and injuries to 3 of our big men, we are right back to where we were in the finals (worse actually)...miami is ticked off too and will be playing for sole possession of first. we can still recover after the all-star break but we will be in second in the conference by then!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I agree with the value you place on him. He is the C's best on the ball defender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Please Danny....we need to add some depth to the team....Get Rip from Detroit and let Von go.....Trade Bradley and get KG a back up.....there's so much out there.....I would even permit Sheed to come back!  We need some health and can't count on what we have...we are one injury to the starting five from going down!  Rondo needs to turn it up EVERY night.....the whole team takes off games!  I want game 7...all of them...in BOSTON!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! It's not that Quis is that valuable. It's that we are top heavy at the C & PF positions because we felt that was the most needed area to improve. THe problem is now most of our bigs are hurt. We're stuck because we can't trade them or play them.

Sheed isn't the problem right now. We're fine at PF. The issue is finding a backup SF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The issue is getting some of our big man out there and playing.  This revolving door of injuries is going to be a real test and may lead to a replay of the second half of the season last year.

Shaq with the time off could come back twenty five pounds heavier.  Semih it seems is injury prone. JON who knows if we will ever see him able to play any real minutes.  Pathetic.  It is the big men.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Quis would have helped, but I put the Livingston problem on Doc.  Shawn was just killing Nate and Doc (or the players on the floor) just refused to make a change.  They could have had Nate play Augustine and Rondo or Ray play Livingston.  They could have put Wafer on him.  They had options so this one can't be blamed on lack of available player options.  

I love Doc but he and the assistant coaches screwed up on that assignment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Livingston is 6'7 and Nate is 5'9. It's a mismatch but where was Doc going to go?? You rarely see a 6'7 PG these days. We were short manned (no pun intended). Who was Nate going to cover Henderson? Wallace?

It was just a mismatch nightmare. This is why I get upset that we don't do the same things to other teams and put KG at 3, BBD at 4 and Shaq/Perk at 5, RA at 1 and PP at 2.

Teams will try to press but it's going to force them to play their PG on a big player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Von Wafer should have been give a chance.  A big six five I have seen him play good defense lately.  He only plays inconsequential minute now and it is obvious Doc is not confident in him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You don't put a 5'9" guard on a 6'7" guard.  Wafer is 6'4" and he's stronger.  Wafer was the right choice, not Nate.  In addition, if Livingston and Augustine are in the game at the same time, you go with Rondo on Livingston and Nate on Augustine.  if its Ray and Nate, go with Ray on Livingston.   In no case do you put your smallest defender on their biggest guard.  

We just didn't use our options right - Wafer, Ray, and Rondo could all check him better than Nate!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: CELTS IN TROUBLE ON WEDNESDAY... CAN'T WIN WITHOUT QUIS!:
    [QUOTE]You don't put a 5'9" guard on a 6'7" guard.  Wafer is 6'4" and he's stronger.  Wafer was the right choice, not Nate.  In addition, if Livingston and Augustine are in the game at the same time, you go with Rondo on Livingston and Nate on Augustine.  if its Ray and Nate, go with Ray on Livingston.   In no case do you put your smallest defender on their biggest guard.   We just didn't use our options right - Wafer, Ray, and Rondo could all check him better than Nate!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Great points!  To get back to the original post we are really hurting without Quis. Hopefully this week we can muster up and contain the lal but it will be difficult without a RR,PP and RA genuine back-up. I do like Von Wafer but we still need a Quis quality defender! Let's hope with 2 days off PP/RA/RR/KG/KP will dominate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: CELTS IN TROUBLE ON THURSDAY & SUNDAY.. CAN'T WIN WITHOUT QUIS!

no trade needed, wouldnt surprise me if avery comes back and contributes esp on the defensive end. he has had multiple high steals games in the d-league. had 9 last week in a game. he can put pressure on the ball and is a great one on one defender unlike all the help guys we have on our team. could be his luke moment. we must win at least one of those two games. frankly would rather us beat the heatles than the lakes if given a choice for they play in our conference!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: CELTS IN TROUBLE ON THURSDAY & SUNDAY.. TOUGH WITHOUT QUIS!

Wafer is six foot five.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Wafer doesn't not play well Doc will have no choice but to play Ray and Pierce extended minutes against the Lakers and Heat. Hopefully during the All-Star break Danny Ainge will be able to do something about the backup SF spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

if you make a move, some one must gio on IR or be cut... who will we cut? jo? if ready in 2 months, thats dumb... if ready next month, y cut quis? we may be stuck with the present. i say give avery, luke and wafer their shots.. period!