Celts next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Celts next Year

Paul, Green, KG, a young athletic center, and West.   Ray Allen will be a great 6th man and Rondo if we can't unload the 55 million will be a backup point which he is.  Davis is gone, he can not stand another year of Doc.  The old centers are gone unless we can't find a taker for JO.  West will be the best additon or a guard like him that has a shot that must at least be respected.  If we want a repeat of not a chance at all just start Rondo and the other teams will be happy.  We have seveal guys on the bench that Doc did not play that could help us a lot.  Doc should be replaced, his style and substitute patter no longer work, he is a ok coach but has little imagination or understanding  of his bench and how to handle them, the starters love him but in order for us to at least have a shot next year Doc will need to be more creative or let LF or someone else coach them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Celts next Year

Mary and Gary have been Celtic fans for 53 years at this time and see no reason why we should not be very good next year, unless we go crazy and trade our good players for hopefuls.  We have everything but a center.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I posted earlier in the week that this would be my plan.

Throw the bank at DeAndre Jordan (maybe even a sign and trade for that #1 pick we got from the Clippers) If this doesn't work throw money at David West.

Wave bye-bye - BBD, Shaq, Pav, Arroyo

Bring to camp - Murphy and Wafer (if they play well keep them.)

Resign - Krstic and West

Restricted - Green (he's not going anywhere)

See what Memphis wants for Gay. May not have enough to get him.

Bring RA and KG off the bench

Move PP to SG

Start Green

Starters
    PG-Rondo
    SG-PP
    SF-Green
    PG-West
    C-JON

PG-West/Bradley
    SG-RA
    SF-Draft pick in case Green doesn't doesn't resign
    PF-KG
    C-Krstic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Celts next Year:
    [QUOTE]I posted earlier in the week that this would be my plan. Throw the bank at DeAndre Jordan (maybe even a sign and trade for that #1 pick we got from the Clippers) If this doesn't work throw money at David West. Wave bye-bye - BBD, Shaq, Pav, Arroyo Bring to camp - Murphy and Wafer (if they play well keep them.) Resign - Krstic and West Restricted - Green (he's not going anywhere) See what Memphis wants for Gay. May not have enough to get him. Bring RA and KG off the bench Move PP to SG Start Green Starters PG-Rondo SG-PP SF-Green PG-West C-JON PG-West/Bradley SG-RA SF-Draft pick in case Green doesn't doesn't resign PF-KG C-Krstic
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

This would be my five......Rondo, West, Kristic, Pierce, Garnett
    Ray, BBD, Green JO off the bench

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I believe Greg Oden is an unrestricted free agent.  Granted that he has not played for a couple of years.  A lot of teams will be after him.  He may agree to a one year contract with a team to showcase that he can play.  Kind of like TMac this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

lets go for bynum :X..... guy needs some discipline. but his offense is good and his defense is pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I posted earlier in the week that this would be my plan. Throw the bank at DeAndre Jordan (maybe even a sign and trade for that #1 pick we got from the Clippers) If this doesn't work throw money at David West. Wave bye-bye - BBD, Shaq, Pav, Arroyo Bring to camp - Murphy and Wafer (if they play well keep them.) Resign - Krstic and West Restricted - Green (he's not going anywhere) See what Memphis wants for Gay. May not have enough to get him. Bring RA and KG off the bench Move PP to SG Start Green Starters PG-Rondo SG-PP SF-Green PG-West C-JON PG-West/Bradley SG-RA SF-Draft pick in case Green doesn't doesn't resign PF-KG C-Krstic

Considering you are starting 2 pgs and have no power forward I am not sure if your plan should be taken seriously.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : Considering you are starting 2 pgs and have no power forward I am not sure if your plan should be taken seriously.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand.

Rondo, West and Bradley would still be our PGs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

Rondo, Allen, KG, Beasley,Green!!! Slowly bring in youth movement!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : I'm not sure I understand. Rondo, West and Bradley would still be our PGs.

It's probably just a typo but you list both Rondo and West in our starting line up and have no power forward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : It's probably just a typo but you list both Rondo and West in our starting line up and have no power forward.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Oh, no I was listing the starters and reserves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

LET GO: Glen Davis, Troy Murphy, Shaq, and Wafer.

Bring Back: Jeff Green, Kristic, Pavlovic, and West.

Free Agents-SG: Jamal Crawford, Peja Stojakovic, Arron Afflalo, JR Smith, T-Mac, Prince.

Free Agents-C: Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, Nene.

Hopeful 2011 Celtics Roster:

PG: Rondo, West, Bradley.
    SG: Ray, Crawford or Stojakovic, Pavlovic
    SF: Pierce, Green, Pavlovic
    PF: Garnett, JO, Green.
    C: Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan, Kristic, Draft Pick

Comment/Opinions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Big Baby has to go, and Shaq is done, i would keep the core four and 
    west and green, and try to get DeAndre Jordan, get rid of everyone
    else

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from neil1101. Show neil1101's posts

DeAndre Jordan would be an IDEAL fit.  Kid is young, fast, mean, and is slowly developing a versatlle offensive game ... sign and trade might be neccessary.  

6 years / $44M is what it would take along with a compensatory (1st rd) pick

Would love to see Jordan in green...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i can't speak about next yer yet, the loss still hurts.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Our draft picks plus a guy like Davis should bring a good player to the Celts.  Glen is gone with Doc returning.  Rondo would be a good move but he most likely untradeable because he is overpaid so we may be looking a having him but let him come off the bench to lead the second unit and play some with the first unit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo might just practice and develop a good jumper this summer??????????????????????????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : Oh, no I was listing the starters and reserves.

Here is what you said,

Start Green

Starters
    PG-Rondo
    SG-PP
    SF-Green
    PG-West
    C-JON

We  would get killed on the boards with that team.  Think we didn't get rebounds this year.  They would shoot until they score with those starters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

pg-west im assuming was meant to be pf-david west

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't even think this team needs a major overhaul. You add CP3, West and Battier or Dalembert and we're a top seed.

Would the C's have to give up too much to sign CP3, West and Battier? I doubt it. CP3 would be in a trade. West could sign via FA. Battier and Dalembert could split the MLE.

PG-Paul
    SG-RA
    SF-Green
    PF-West
    C-Dalembert

PG-West
    SG-PP
    SF-Battier
    PF-KG
    C-Krstic

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo plus Glen and a draft choice should fetch us a good big and that is what we need.  Rondo plus for a point guard would be an improvement but would not give us a athletic shot blocking rebounding big which is out biggest need.  West would fit just fine as the point starter because he bring the all around game with the threat of a shot.