Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?

-

It's disgusting that the refs don't' let the players play the game and let home court advantage be just the simple fact that a team is playing at home.

The calls and no-call dictate the momentum of games and it was clear to even the most causal observer that the refs favored Miami in this game.

And still the Celtics had it down to 3 points with less than a minute to play.

This could have been a great game if the refs had played it straight up, but as it was called we have no idea who should have won the game -- as it was called the refs largely determined the outcome.

-

The Rondowski Report

-

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?

Refs had nothing to do with Boston losing. The Celtics are old, slow and inept.

Blow them up Dannnyyyyy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondowski equals sour grapes.

Celts were robbed by a rookie PG playing his 2nd NBA game scoring 14 4th points. 

Stop the whining, Elvis.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

C's lost cause Doc failed to deploy the zone until it was too late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Celts lost because of a dumb a$$ pass by Ray when down by 3 having the ball and the Heat on their heels. No need for a home run pass and that turnover was the game winner for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Still, pretty sad when D. Wade doesn't pick up his first foul untill 3:30 left in the game.      

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hate to lose to the heat, but I think Doc was willing to let the rookie for the Heat decide the game. Amazingly, he sunk 'em. I thought the Celts looked pretty good tonight. They look like a playoff team to me if they can keep the big three healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

True but we must win game against weaker teams like New Orleans.  We can not afford a loss tomorrow.  Rondo, Dooling, Bass, and Daniels played very well tonight.  We are waiting on KG and Ray to have good complete games that include few turnovers, good defense and big time scoring.  They will do it tomorrow.  Brandon Bass is a good player.  J.O. and Bradley should be shelved.  Doc needs to coach early in the game.  suggestion: starters center KG  power forward Brandon Bass point Rondo two spot Ray Allen and small forward Daniels,  This is our best team:  Dooling subs for Ray,  Dooling and Mooore for Ray and Rondo (Rondo plays 44 minutes tomorrow night)  Bass plays 44 minutes tomorrow night  Daniels plays 40 minutes tomorrow night  the big white center subs for Garnett as much as possible    the other rookie jj gets a few minutes  Pav subs for Daniels  JO and Bradlely play only if we haft to have them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new? : He's defending Ray. When you're man does not drive to the basket no need to foul. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

D. Wade is an aggressive player and he gets all over the court.  He was hacking guys near the basket on more than one occasion, no calls.  

It's more difficult for me to watch the behavior of Wade and the no calls on his deffense than it is Lebron and his running back forarm charge/travel.  I think Wade is a little more reckless and willing to take the cheap shot.  And I think he gets away with more than Lebron, and that's saying something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Celts lost because of a dumb a$$ pass by Ray when down by 3 having the ball and the Heat on their heels.

The Celtics would have been blown out by 20+ if not for Ray Allen's shooting. The pass was regrettable, however each and every play ultimately counts the same. Allen overall was one of the bright spots.

I also thought Keyon Dooling looked very good. Brandon Bass continued to impress as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Refs were predictable for sure.

We win very few games reffed by Danny Crawford. That's a fact!
    (Like the 4th quarter of the game 7 finals with the Lakers)

Some refs just know how to prepackage those W's. (Crawford brothers, et al)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Stop with the bellyaching for crying out loud. Win with grace, lose with grace. The Cs were thoroughly outplayed for most of the game by a younger and more athletic team. Accept it. Aggressive teams that take it strong to the hoop will get more calls. Teams that stand around the perimeter throwing up bricks will get fewer calls. What do you expect? No wonder fans of other teams think we're a bunch of crybabies and sore losers. This post proves it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]Stop with the bellyaching for crying out loud. Win with grace, lose with grace. The Cs were thoroughly outplayed for most of the game by a younger and more athletic team. Accept it. Aggressive teams that take it strong to the hoop will get more calls. Teams that stand around the perimeter throwing up bricks will get fewer calls. What do you expect? No wonder fans of other teams think we're a bunch of crybabies and sore losers. This post proves it.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The complaining about the refs is getting old.
    Don't watch if you can't stand it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nothing wrong with complaining and pointing out when refs arent doing their job.

Whats it off limits? Everyone has something to say about the players...he did great, he stunk etc... Oh my, dont criticize a ref that makes rotten call after rotten call...Heavens no, some may think we're making an excuse for losing..

Hey, when a ref makes bad or big game changing calls, it sways the game as much as, and sometimes much more, than when a player goofs... ITs not like the refs have been so good for so long, cut them some slack...sheesh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

The RRowski school of thought is that if the Celtics win, it's entirely down to great team work etc etc etc but when they lose it's the refs fault. Tired!

Ugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]The RRowski school of thought is that if the Celtics win, it's entirely down to great team work etc etc etc but when they lose it's the refs fault. Tired! Ugh.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I dont know about that.. just that the NBA refs make too many ridiculous calls all around the league that makes Tim Donahys story more & more believable. Or can they just be that incompetent?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?:
    [QUOTE]- It's disgusting that the refs don't' let the players play the game and let home court advantage be just the simple fact that a team is playing at home. The calls and no-call dictate the momentum of games and it was clear to even the most causal observer that the refs favored Miami in this game. And still the Celtics had it down to 3 points with less than a minute to play. This could have been a great game if the refs had played it straight up, but as it was called we have no idea who should have won the game -- as it was called the refs largely determined the outcome. - The Rondowski Report -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

No sense complaining about it!!  It's been going on since the 70's - the Home team wins 70% of the time in the NBA.  It is the single biggest advantage in any sport.  You have to BEAT them, not get close.  OR, of course, they have to lose it, like the lakers did against the Bulls - missing all those FT's at the end.  It is what it is, which is why Red said good teams win on the road!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Refs were predictable for sure. We win very few games reffed by Danny Crawford. That's a fact! (Like the 4th quarter of the game 7 finals with the Lakers) Some refs just know how to prepackage those W's. (Crawford brothers, et al)
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Crawford is definitely a terrible official and shouldn't be in the league any longer.  I even heard a Knicks fan on the radio this morning saying how terrible he is.  It isn't just Celtics fans. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Null is a very sick individual.  He should be pitied and ignored, but people here respond to him.  He seems to the  worst of it most of the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new? : No sense complaining about it!!  It's been going on since the 70's - the Home team wins 70% of the time in the NBA.  It is the single biggest advantage in any sport.  You have to BEAT them, not get close.  OR, of course, they have to lose it, like the lakers did against the Bulls - missing all those FT's at the end.  It is what it is, which is why Red said good teams win on the road!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Red,  you think if  they were playing in Boston that they would have gotten all the calls that went in favor of the Heat last nite?  I saw at least 5 terrible calls that went against the C's.  Numerous times contact on Celtic defense called a foul and straight down on the other end the Heat don't get called for it.  James the most physical player out there I think had one foul the first half with about 16 seconds left.  That is unbelievable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new? : I dont know about that.. just that the NBA refs make too many ridiculous calls all around the league that makes Tim Donahys story more & more believable. Or can they just be that incompetent?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Have you reffed at the NBA level by any chance? No benefit of replays and multiple angles, mind you. I think getting decesions right is a lot harder than you and others in your armchairs think. Of course there are poor calls being made all the time. I just don't believe refs are out to get the Celtics.
    I often hear posters claim with conviction "that was no foul", but often there's no way to tell, even from the replays. Green glasses are OK (wear them myself) but that constant ragging about refereeing is boring. Just my opinion.