Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?

In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new? : Have you reffed at the NBA level by any chance? No benefit of replays and multiple angles, mind you. I think getting decesions right is a lot harder than you and others in your armchairs think. Of course there are poor calls being made all the time. I just don't believe refs are out to get the Celtics. I often hear posters claim with conviction "that was no foul", but often there's no way to tell, even from the replays. Green glasses are OK (wear them myself) but that constant ragging about refereeing is boring. Just my opinion.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

u r right about them out to get the C's.  I don't think that. (maybe)  I do know though that people like Wade, Queen James, and KOME  get by with more crap than anyone else.  It is very hard to see at full speed though. Yell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Robbed by Refs -- What's new? : Red,  you think if  they were playing in Boston that they would have gotten all the calls that went in favor of the Heat last nite?  I saw at least 5 terrible calls that went against the C's.  Numerous times contact on Celtic defense called a foul and straight down on the other end the Heat don't get called for it.  James the most physical player out there I think had one foul the first half with about 16 seconds left.  That is unbelievable.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Let me be clear.  IF the game was in BOS, we get MORE calls in our favor than we would on the road.  IF the game was in BOS, that momentum-killing block charge on a rookie is called a block!  James would get called for more fouls, yes, I believe that.  I will also say that had the first game gone to OT, NO WAY does MElo foul out.  He would have had to "Bynum" someone.  In BOS, he fouls out.  In NY, NO WAY.  James also traveled at least twice that I saw - no call!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe6pac77. Show joe6pac77's posts

Celts got robbed twice, first in NY.  That was a clean wrap around poke steal on
    Melo by MD, but Melo goes to the line.  Right in front of the ref.  Game changer.. Should have been a  non-call at best.  Then again, if MD wasn't a brick layer, they win the game anyways - he has to hit that outside shot -  good defense - much better than pavlov - but needs to hit from outside like Bruce Bowen did.

How about that foul on Bosh as he lost the ball going  for the layup, come on, those refs were terrible last night.  Two on one with Rondo, no way anyone can slide over that quick and be set for the charge, no way a rookie should get that call.  The refs had a hand in that lost, but yeah, Doc should have stayed with the zone.  When the starters came back in, after the group cut the lead, Doc went back to man, traded baskets, then got torched, finally going back to zone.  Getting it down to 3 pts was a moral victory...  Celts need a win tonight.  Not ready to write off J.O. just after two games....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

It's the WWF. A Star System.

C'mon, Dick Bavetta is what??? at least 70.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Believe what you will but being forced to have both of the Crawfords as the refs in your first two games is a guarentee for failure for the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

The C's have gotten rid of some good players over the last few yrs. that might
    help the team now...hate to keep bringing up old stuff, but think about it
    (House, Allen, Powe, Perkins, West) things would not be as they are right now
    Maybe things will get better....but right now I hate the season ever started.
    These back to back to back games are not helping either.