Celts vs. Raps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Celts vs. Raps

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

don't think Fav is a starting Center in the NBA.

He's going to have a long NBA career, but as a backup Center.

Agree to an extent.  Hes  not a starting center on most teams. But since we have no legit centershe should be starting on this team.

He has proven to be able to finish with BOTH hands. Unlike every other big on this team he can actually roll to the rim effectively on the pick and roll while also being able to pop too. He has even shown the ability to hit the 3 pt shot (even when he misses they are half way down).   For the negative, he is  at best an avg rebounder and defender. Seems to struggle scoring on post ups , fades too often. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, with the Celts, he's a starter.

But I'm talking about the NBA in general and how he ranks among the NBA's starting Center.

For example, Asik is a starting Center.

Can Fav be better than Asik?

[/QUOTE]

yes, plus he has range

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, with the Celts, he's a starter.

But I'm talking about the NBA in general and how he ranks among the NBA's starting Center.

For example, Asik is a starting Center.

Can Fav be better than Asik?

[/QUOTE]

Seriously...  not Roy Hibbert, not Zach Randolph but you pull the Asik card as an example of a real NBA center?

If Asik is a real NBA starting center than Fav is already an NBA starting center.  Granted he has to  learn on the fly, adjust to the NBA rigors and rules, stay healthy, but he is already a better all around player than Asik.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I all depends on the style being played. I can envision fast break scenarios where Fav is 10 steps further down the court than Randolph or Hibbert. The problem is I don't think he has a chance of reasonably guarding them on the other end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Fav is our best center.

He and Olynyk should start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Dannny needs to trim this roster , toooo many playes for the same position with similar ability. Soon as possible.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Fav is good on offense, but he's not a defensive Center.

Asik is the ideal starting Center because he's a very good rebounder and shot-blocker. 

If Fav is only good on offense, he's never going to become a starting Center in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

You like to make predictions with nothing to back them up.  Asik averages one block a game, if you double Fav's minutes he would average 3 minutes less a game than Asik and would more than average a block a game.  A year younger and three years less experienced in the pros than Asik, Fav is learning his way around the NBA.  

Health provided he will be better in every way than Asik, the lone exception might be rebounding and he has already proven to be a better offensive rebounder per 48 than Asik.  Asik barely hits 50% of his free throws, Fav shoots threes... sorry I don't mean to rail on you but Asik was a poor choice as a "real" center.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

It's also premature to say Vitor Faverani is already better than Omer Asik.

How many regular season games has Faverani played in?

[/QUOTE]

Fav is still playing NBA players, double his minutes, he isn't fouling out and his stats are much better than Asiks.  I'm not knocking Asik, just your stance that Asik is the alpha example of a starting NBA center and Fav has no chance to match his otherworldly production.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.