Chris Paul wouldn't sign with the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Chris Paul wouldn't sign with the Celtics

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7297944/new-orleans-hornets-chris-paul-sign-boston-celtics-dealt-source-says 

Interesting article about Chris Paul

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Chris Paul wouldn't sign with the Celtics

It would have been nice to pick up Paul but now I wonder if Rondo's heart is going to be in it.  It's a business and he doesn't seem to respond well to Celtics business moves.  I honestly believe Danny and Doc may be tired of Rondo's attitude after his performance after the Perkins trade last year.  He was moody and just did not appear to be the enthusiastic leader of the team.

Also, with Pierce, Ray and KG slowing down even more, you have to expect their production to take a significant dip.  They are just not going to convert Rondo assists at the rate they've done in the past.  Those guys need a PG who can score the ball better than Rondo can.  Rondo was so dynamic last season as he put the Big 3 in great positions to score.  This year, he's going to have to score.  This compact schedule will be hard on those guys so the need for more scoring production from the PG is going to be a necessity.

I think alot of folks are wondering if that's something Rondo is capable of doing on a consistent basis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Consistant is the great unknown, word...I remember that KG had to be convinced about coming to boston...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

THE WHOLE THING STINKS!!!!

HE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN WHERE HE GETS TRADED.......DEAL WITH THE CONTRACT AT THE END OF IT................I WAS HOPING THIS CR..P WOULD BE OVER AND DONE WITH IN THIS NEW CBA, BUT, ALAS, THE LAKERS, HEAT AND KNICKS WILL ALL BE ALLOWED TO GET BETTER, WHILE THE REST OF THE LEAGUE IS ON THEIR OWN.

CHE IS RIGHT - STERNSH....T FAULT!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Good.  Let the little butterball go play with his "friends" rather than compete.  Russell wanted to bury Wilt (and vice-a-versa), Bird and Magic couldn't wait to outdo each other, Jordan wanted to smother everyone.  Let these babies form their little high school cliques.....

More power to them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on folks. We're fooling ourselves if we think any superstar wants to come to the Celtics, as we're currently constructed.  Playing alongside the Big 3 has significantly lost its luster and this just might be the final year they play together anyway.  What kind of long-term security does that provide any superstar?

CP3 is tighter with Carmello and Amare more than he is with Howard so other than him "colluding" with Howard to end up in Boston, for example, we really cannot complain that Paul doesn't want to sign here long-term.  And he has "colluded" with Carmello and Amare already and has his sights set on the Knicks.  They will form an awesome OFFENSIVE triumvirate but that's all.  They will never commit to defense enough to be true contenders.

And besides, they will never be able to put enough pieces around them to be an Eastern Conference elite team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Paul wouldn't sign with the Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Come on folks. We're fooling ourselves if we think any superstar wants to come to the Celtics, as we're currently constructed.  Playing alongside the Big 3 has significantly lost its luster and this just might be the final year they play together anyway.  What kind of long-term security does that provide any superstar? CP3 is tighter with Carmello and Amare more than he is with Howard so other than him "colluding" with Howard to end up in Boston, for example, we really cannot complain that Paul doesn't want to sign here long-term.  And he has "colluded" with Carmello and Amare already and has his sights set on the Knicks.  They will form an awesome OFFENSIVE triumvirate but that's all.  They will never commit to defense enough to be true contenders. And besides, they will never be able to put enough pieces around them to be an Eastern Conference elite team.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Agree. I also can see no way why he would want to come here at this point in time. This year we "only" have an outside chance of competing for the title and next year...who knows?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This issue we have now is Rondo scorned by Doc and Danny. How will he handle it?  Unlike some I think Rondo is a great talent and in many ways better than Paul.  I think though the ship may have sailed last Feb. Rondo played his hand and it was interpreted as mutiny by Doc and Ainge.  How do they mend it if Rondo stays?  That's why unless Ainge has gone crazy again that Paul or some other desired package is coming in before Christmas day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Better to keep Rondo long term than to get CP3 for just 1 year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I just saw on hoopshype " The Indiana Pacers have done due diligence on Rondo, Nene, but have no intention of acquiring either....".

Wow, just what did they conclude with this "due diligence"?  I really think Rondo's attitude and subsequent performance after the Perkins trade has really rubbed some folks the wrong way.

And he started out the first half of the season dominating in assists per game.  His play just took a nosedive after the trade.  His leadership is really being questioned.  This will be a very important time for Rondo and I think he has the ability to overcome it starting Christmas Day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

CP3 would ask Doc if he could dress in the Knicks locker room with his friends when they played against eachother.  These guys don't want to play on the Celtics and I don't want anyone who's not all in.  I don't want our all stars to be all buddy buddy with the other teams all stars at all star weekend.  PP, RA, and KG set that tone correctly last year.  There was serious tension among that east team in the locker room.  They weren't fraternizing with each other.  The harlots in Miami cornered Doc when he was alone and offered him their shallow basketball souls if he'd turn.  

Rondo's got some growing up to do, but I'd rather have a misfit who's outplayed Lebron while beating his team in a playoff series and feeling no love lost between them as a result.  CP3 will be a part time Celtic, part time buddy to the other stars in the league, talking about how it would be cool if they could play together someday in some sunny filled city.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]I just saw on hoopshype " The Indiana Pacers have done due diligence on Rondo, Nene, but have no intention of acquiring either ....". Wow, just what did they conclude with this "due diligence"?  I really think Rondo's attitude and subsequent performance after the Perkins trade has really rubbed some folks the wrong way. And he started out the first half of the season dominating in assists per game.  His play just took a nosedive after the trade.  His leadership is really being questioned.  This will be a very important time for Rondo and I think he has the ability to overcome it starting Christmas Day.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree.  He has to do it now and over this next two year span of his career in order to become what he can be.  I'm pulling for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

While I believe CP3 wants to go to NYC with his buddies (and I understand why given the glamor of NYC, the endorsements, playing with superstar friends, etc), I don't believe we've really heard HIM say he absolutely won't go to the C's.  If, after Dec. 9, Danny had a chance to talk to him and his agent and to lay out a plan that included:

- the C's current "old" roster is still a good team
     - to that team, add Paul and Green and a couple of rookies
     - once the season is over, the team has the most cap room of all the glamourous contenders (meaning the Knicks, Heat, and Lakers).  Only the Nets can compete in cap room.
     - so, we can attract Howard
     - in addition, we have the best ability to offer CP3 the most money to re sign.
     - add to that the 2 first round draft choices Danny is stocking
     - add to that Ray, Paul, and KG possibly coming back for a "bridge year" as CP3, Howard, Green and the new crew take over
     - add to that the coach that was a point guard, understands CP3, and will make him even better than he is today, with defense to actually win a championship and not just make noise with offense and then lose

I'm not saying that sales pitch is a slam dunk.  I'm just saying that until CP3 has heard it all, I'm not sure the door is completely closed.  Maybe there's still a chance.

If not, we will have other options and a bright future, anyway!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

damfuno, thanks.  It's good to be back!.  Looking forward for an exciting season.  I agree that it's not going to be so seamless for NY if they acquire Paul.  NY will not be as successful as Miami was because the Knicks do not play defense.

I think it would be a good season if we avoid any serious injuries and win a round or two in the playoffs.

Look forward to more exchanges.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

paul is a great player, but he probobaly only has a couple good years left until his knee injury catches up to him, if danny really thinks adding cp3 will make us championship contenders this year then i guess im on board, although i am a rondo fan..if cp3 ends up here i think the one year deal is a good option for both sides because we dont know how his knee will hold up...and he doesnt get locked into a long term contract with the big 3's nba lifetime coming to an end very shortly...but remember that KG didnt want to sign an extension when he first got here and now hes a total celtic

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Here we go again...
    That darn weasel Stern will prevent the Celtics to get better.
    "The balance of power will shift"  that's what Celtics hater Stern is all about.
    Its ok for the Lakers, the Miami, the NY and the rest of the NBA to get better but not the green.
    He hates the green.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go again... That darn weasel Stern will prevent the Celtics to get better. " The balance of power will shift "  that's what Celtics hater Stern is all about. Its ok for the Lakers, the Miami, the NY and the rest of the NBA to get better but not the green. He hates the green.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Is it Stern's fault that Rondo is a poor shooter?

IN YOUR FACE, CHE!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im surprised some people are willing to rent out cp3, as if a slight improvemnt in pg play will net us a championship. We have a very good young pg in rondo whos locked up at a reasonable contract. We need some front court depth and a lockdown permiter defender. Not a pg with bad knees who doesnt want to be here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'm amazed all these guys want to play together instead of competing against each other. most of these guys lack that winning instinct that bird, magic, and jordan had. out of the whole miami team, wade is the only one with it. I think carmelo has it a bit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I am not being a homer, if I say it make sense for the CP3 and the Celtics. 
    Why well first you need to convince CP3.
    How the BIG 3, while worried, KG reminds him to trust the Celts.
    This is what Danny is doing, while we talk to you. Danny is signing your old friend
    Tyson Chandler to a 3 year deal, then turn around and use him as a piece to the MAGIC, next summer to get Dwight here. This Truth tells CP3 we are a contender now and with you. Puts us on the tip top of the mountain. Most importantly if we run into Miami, that is your coming out party in the playoffs they have no one to guard you. Sugar ray will let him know you can't be double teamed if we are all on the floor together. Knowing his chemistry with Tyson and respect for the BIG 3. That have a championship. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Starting 5 for the Celts in 2011-2012 season

PG: CP3 SG:Sugar Ray SF: The truth PF: KG C: Tyson 

25. This post has been removed.