Clippers claim Chauncey Billups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Clippers claim Chauncey Billups

This is great news, he will not be going to south beach.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups

We don't even play the Clippers this year.

The Celtics visit the Clippers in March, a day after playing the Lakers.

I'm glad to see Billups claimed by the Clippers as well. I did not want him in Miami. The Heat are stong enough as it is with Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Shane Battier. Udonis Haslem might improve too, after a full year of recovery, and Mario Chalmers is Mr. Clutch.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Clippers are a team to watch this year. i wanted what they do with Mo Williams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups:
    [QUOTE]Clippers are a team to watch this year. i wanted what they do with Mo Williams.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]
    wonder

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Clippers are going to be good this year. I'm trying to think of eight teams who are clearly better in the Western Conference. I can only think of three: the Lakers, Mavericks, and Thunder. That's not to say that the Clippers will be the No. 4 seed. I'm just saying they're capable of finishing that high. Teams like the Grizzlies, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers and octogenarian Spurs might do better. The Jazz, Warriors and Suns could all be competitive. I'm not ready to count out the T-Wolves or Hornets either. But none of those teams are decisively better than the Clippers, which is why the No. 4 seed (and certainly the No. 8) could very well be in play this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I hope Chauncey goes to LA and teaches Griffin all he knows.  Good for that organisation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups : If that's the case then Austin Rivers, here we come!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    There is alot of better players out there

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups : True. But if we can't win it all then the next best thing is the excitement of seeing father and son on one NBA team. Kinda like seeing Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker together on the same side fighting the dark side. 

the problem, fierce, is you're assuming a) that austin would want to be coached by his father, and b) that doc would want to coach his son.  do you have grown or almost grown kids?  :-)

cheers --

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So who's left in the Paul sweeps ... Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I thought that our pick from the clippers was lottery protected is that not true?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups : If the Hornets agree to a CP3 for Rondo, Jeff Green, plus draft picks trade, I would still do it if I were Ainge.  Jeff Green's 9m contract becomes invalid if Green doesn't pass that bogus physical exam.

Why not expand it?

I wonder if the Hornets could reduce long term committments and get back some established young players with potential and a few picks if the league wouldn't approve it.

Assume Paul would sign an extension and they traded Paul ($16.5M) and Okafor ($12.5M) for Rondo ($10M), Green ($9M), JO ($6M expiring, Avery Bradley ($1.5M) and 2 draft picks.

Not only would they be getting two young proven players in Rondo & Green, an unproven youth in Bradley and draft picks but they'd reduce their annual payroll by almost $9M/yr!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

What's your thoughts on Okafor ... a serviceable center longer term or one to flip if DH is still available come trade deadline?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

BILLUPS SHOULD HAVE SIGNED WITH BOSTON !!!

But I'm thrilled he's out of NY, not in Miami or Chicago....

DANNY AINGE HAS A BIG MOVE UP HIS SLEEVE , LETS ROLL THE BONES AND THINK BIG, CELTICS 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers claim Chauncey Billups : A pattern is emerging, every time you come up with something it doesn't happen. I think it's best if you leave it to Danny boy to get the job done.  I also want Okafor, but if you keep bringing up the subject of Okafor coming to Boston you might jinx it, again!

LOL ... Ok, you stop talking about DH & Austin Rivers then!