Clips Now Contenders Because Of Doc?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Clips Now Contenders Because Of Doc?

Man, I know you are a fan of Doc, but to me this is good news. Good ef;fing riddance! Hope Ainge gets a more competent coach for the rebuilding and then an even better one for when we are ready to contend (hopefully in three more years?).

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Um, the Clippers still cannot beat OKC, Memphis or SA. They have to make more moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sterling right on cue to keeping his rep as fool by signing Doc... What a bonehead move which is what Sterling is known for..

and whoever started this thread with a link to the article by Arash Markazi is even a bigger fool.... just one line in his kissy feely write should tell you all you need to know about his credibility and knowledge of Rivers:

"He's a coach with a voice that commands the respect of everyone in the locker room and won't be seen as a puppet for any player."

Geez, what banana boat did Markazi just get off of??  You can fill in the obvious blanks from this statement...

only a Fungus would use such a lame, kiss up article full of errors to make yet another thread for attention...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Um, the Clippers still cannot beat OKC, Memphis or SA. They have to make more moves.

I agree.   Signing Doc as coach was a good move for them.  Making some roster changes definitely would also help just not sure who they would trade. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If you thought Doc kissed up to Rondo, it's going to be worse with CP3. At least Doc will be working with a PG who doesn't have a attitude problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If you thought Doc kissed up to Rondo, it's going to be worse with CP3. At least Doc will be working with a PG who doesn't have a attitude problem.

Im expecting Doc to come up with a mysterious excuse for missing next season unless the Clips can sign KG... Doc needs him to coach the team.KG made the Celtics a championship team, changed the culture... and Thibs co-coached (aka was the basketball smarts) and ran the defense.

Docs out on an island and needs helpers desperately..  watch him at least sign a former HC to be his next Thibs if KG doesnt get signed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm interested to see what he does with Griffin and Jordan. We are finally going to see who really cherishes big men...Doc or Danny. You may be right KG kept the locker room straight, CP3 may be that person.

Doc will have Armond Hill with him, but in my opinion he desperately wants KG or PP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

R9R couldn't lead flies to feces.

CP3 can lead... by example no less... and has the total respect of his teammates... especially at crunch time.

They should be mucho fun to watch.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They still need a few vet players like KG, although it seems extremely unlikely that KG is headed there because of the league ruling that the two transactions are "related".  But with Doc in LA, he will recruit the guys he needs assuming he has a like-minded GM like he did here in Danny.  People discount the DA/Doc relationship.  Remember, there was mutual respect and I am sure Doc had a lot of say in personnel matters.  Does he get that in LA?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Clips need some vets who have been there before, IMO.  That's what made KG so important.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Where does all the hatred come from? Hatred of Doc. Hatred of Rondo. Hatred of Danny. Hatred of Ray. Some people even hate on PP and KG.

I guess some people just like to hate.

Doc is a great coach. He won us a championship. But, he is facing a great, great challenge trying to turn that franchise into a contender. I don't think just getting Doc will have that big of an effect. They need to build an actual team. If they can somehow get another solid piece to fit with CP3, Blake and (eventually) KG, then they'll have a shot.

I can't expect another beast season from SAN. The league has lost all confidence in OKC. GSW, MEM, DEN have a shot, but the Clippers can certainly compete.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The Clippers are not conterders, they don't even have CP3 yet.  Coach does not play the games, players do.  So I don't think Doc change much of anything at the moment.  Maybe Doc can attract some good players, but it remains to be seen.  If CP3 does not come through the door, we are getting a good pick next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Those who say Doc is not one of the best coaches in the NBA is a fool!

Yup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What does being one of the best coaches mean?  Why does one of the best coaches have to be on a good team and cannot coach a loosing team?  Not saying Doc is a good or a bad coach but I guess being on TV and around a winning team helps your image, and I guess the perception is more important than reality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well it's looking like everyone that has left the Celtics has had a certain level of success.

TA, RA, Perk, Thibs

It's going to be interesting to see who really was the catalyst behind the success. Was it...

Doc, KG, Rondo, Ainge...we will now see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

That's what the Lakers thought when they hired Mike Brown!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9415667/acquiring-head-coach-doc-rivers-forever-enhance-los-angeles-clippers-image

Acquiring coach Rivers will forever change team's image from cheap to contender

I think the Clips will be contenders despite Doc being their coach. Doc will let the boys play the "street ball" style that they play best. He isn't one to dabble with style or strategy as we've seen over the years. He lets the "leaders" of the team dictate that 
    (players' coach). The Clips are incredibly talented and are bound to make a coach who just lets the players play (players' coach) really really good...just like our 3-HOF-ers did! Until they get deep into the play-offs that is.......then the value of a great tactical coach becomes very visible (Coachs' coach). He ain't one. Thats why we only got one trophy with 3-HOF-ers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Solely because of Doc? NO. How or if they compete for a championship hinges on building a stronger roster than they have now. What I see them having now,assumming CP3 resigns, is a proven vet PG who is argueably a top3 PG, A respected and veteran coach that has a ring that will go along way in giving the franchise some respect,an amazing but still unrefined young stud in Griffin, a couple of young atheletic but inconsistent young players,Bledsoe & Jordan, a decent off the bench scorer who is decent J Crawford and an expiring 8 mil contract on a servicable but not spectactular Caron Butler. That unto itself doesn't constitute a contending team to me. They will definately have to add a better supporting cast to realistically compete from somewhere. If that happens maybe but as is just by adding Doc ? Absolutely not,but that is a Clipper fan issue not ours anymore. Regardless of the reason it was time for Doc to move on he had gone as far as he could with this team and unless Wyc wanted him over DA as GM, it was best for everyone that he went in a different direction. That is where my concern about where and how the Clippers future winds up begins and ends. Nobody makes the right trade,Draft pick or FA signing everytime but I sure am a bigger believer in DA now than when he started or even more than last season. In a perfect world we make the NBA Finals and beat the Clips in those finals,in Boston. Do I anticipate that as being the end result? Most likely not but it will add another side bar to what I see as an exicting new season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Where does all the hatred come from? Hatred of Doc. Hatred of Rondo. Hatred of Danny. Hatred of Ray. Some people even hate on PP and KG.

I guess some people just like to hate.

Doc is a great coach. He won us a championship. But, he is facing a great, great challenge trying to turn that franchise into a contender. I don't think just getting Doc will have that big of an effect. They need to build an actual team. If they can somehow get another solid piece to fit with CP3, Blake and (eventually) KG, then they'll have a shot.

I can't expect another beast season from SAN. The league has lost all confidence in OKC. GSW, MEM, DEN have a shot, but the Clippers can certainly compete.

Perhaps a new low in message board standards...

First off, I dont think anyone actually hates Doc or Rondo, I know I dont... Its not hatred, its observation and opinion... its really a shame you mix those up and blow things so out of proportion and them it  so personally..

Second, Doc didnt win us a championship.... the players did. If it was all Doc, why didnt he win us more championships?? 

You really need to get hold of yourself and stop embellishing what others that disagree with you are saying.. nobody that Ive seen posting here said or intimated they hate Doc or Rondo... its all in your head or youre using the "Hate card" cause you cant mount any intelligent argument no behalf od Rondo & Doc to the contrary..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Perhaps a new low in message board standards...

First off, I dont think anyone actually hates Doc or Rondo, I know I dont... Its not hatred, its observation and opinion... its really a shame you mix those up and blow things so out of proportion and them it  so personally..

Second, Doc didnt win us a championship.... the players did. If it was all Doc, why didnt he win us more championships?? 

You really need to get hold of yourself and stop embellishing what others that disagree with you are saying.. nobody that Ive seen posting here said or intimated they hate Doc or Rondo... its all in your head or youre using the "Hate card" cause you cant mount any intelligent argument no behalf od Rondo & Doc to the contrary..

Isn's it a double standard to not credit Doc for the championship but blame him for the years we didn't win?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.