Clips Will Try To Land Doc On Monday

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Clips Will Try To Land Doc On Monday

In response to Fierce34's comment:

A 2014 1st round pick as compensation for Doc's release is fair IMO.

at this point,  I would stick it Sterling.

tell him he's screwed around too long, hope he has a fun time watching Paul walk away in a few weeks!

Tell him we need this yeras first AND next years first for Doc

and if they want Garnett it'll be JOrdan AND Bledsoe too.

f@#k him!!

ALL celtics fans are expecting a complete tear down of the old team now anyway.

getting one draft pick and JOrdan or nothing really won't make that much difference for our re-building .

SO put the Screws to Sterling!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE   maybe.....then again, Jordan and a first rounder is much better than nothing....almost everyone around here has been lamenting the loss of Perk a few years back....Jordan fills that hole....at 25 years old this 6-11 250 lb kid is a great athlete...he can protect the rim and get some tough rebounds if he is given a primary role with the starting unit..he was a role player with the Clippers...I'm all for the rebuilding phase but let's not cut off our nose to spite our face...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I agree the Celtics are in rebuild mode and may never get this chance again...don't settle.

We lost out on Duncan

We screwed up not drafting Parker

Let's do this right and Ainge HAS to hit on the 2 #1s...no more Giddens type picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE   maybe.....then again, Jordan and a first rounder is much better than nothing....almost everyone around here has been lamenting the loss of Perk a few years back....Jordan fills that hole....at 25 years old this 6-11 250 lb kid is a great athlete...he can protect the rim and get some tough rebounds if he is given a primary role with the starting unit..he was a role player with the Clippers...I'm all for the rebuilding phase but let's not cut off our nose to spite our face...

Duke,

Well stated Duke. Yes its possible that the Clippers would cave but what if they didn't. Like you point out the big prize is Jordan. A second number one draft pick, that figures to be a late 1st rounder, isn't worth rolling the dice over. Incidently, a team can not trade number one draft picks on consecutive years. As to including Bledsoe in the deal. Sure it would be great to get him but not neccessary since the Celts already have that position covered. The big prize, as you state, is a young Jordan bringing some stability to the center position. 

Seems

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

Seems, you and I are once again back on the same page....!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:  as someone already stated, i dont believe the clips can trade this year's #1 pick, even if they wanted to.  they traded last years #1, which became melo, and can't trade another first round pick til 14.

THE DUKE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE

Duke

Same page-Different page. It Doesn't matter. Just call it like you see it and enjoy a good "civil" conversation.

Seems

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

Always, my friend....well put!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jordan is an overpaid, not very good player.  He is worse than Perkins, but he can dunk.  That is all you are getting.  Consider the two years on his contract and the two years on KG's.  KG stays and he outplays Jordan on every level.  Jordan comes here and stagnates even more than he has.  No KG means no leadership.

Keep KG, we cannot get any return on him.  So keep him and play hard.  The Celtics are headed to oblivion.  Play to win and rebuild at the same time. Jordan brings nothing.  I live in LA and have watched him.

Let Doc go the Clippers and keep KG and see if he stays.  Jordan is irrelevant. The pick is nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Didn't you hear her singing over the weekend?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The best way to do this a 3 team deal between some very unlikely trade partners. This couldn't be done until 7/1 but it works $$ wise LAL gets Jordan,Griffin,Terry,Melo LAC gets PP,KG,DH,We get Butler,Bledsoe,Gasol,Hill and both teams 2nds this year and tyheir 1sts next. One of these 3 players might have to be tosed in for trade kickers etc ,LEE,Blake or J Crawford to make it work. We get no relief this year but we have much cap space and very little left over contracts that we don't want ie J Crawford,Blake or Lee. We have some serious expiring contracts for any big time trade deadline deals or we relieve 27 mil in cap after the year. We have this roster next year; Rondo,Bledsoe,AB,JG,Sully,Bass,Hill,Gasol,Butler,T Will,Randolph,Jordan C and Maybe Blake,Lee or Jamal Crawford. That is a competive roster this year that will give us flexibility to trade or sign for a top tier FA next offseason. Hire George Karl as coach. and there you easy peasy. Sounds crazy but if someine posted that we would get KG,RA Rondo for 2 picks and some players we didn't want people would say they were crazy,myself included. It could happen the math does work.LAC commits to winning the two years,LAL gets flexibility and Griffin to build around and we stay competetive and have total freedom to retool,rebuild after next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's my plan of attack if I'm Wyc and Danny Ainge: Quit trying to appease the Clips and go on the offensive! Find a buyer for Rondo, and then do what no one expects and go after CP3 and Dwight Howard and keep KG and PP. The Clippers will then be stuck in the rebuilding mold. I never liked the cheap owner in LA Donald Sterling and all his meddling, let him find out what happens when you mess with the bull. Then when his new found fans desert the team he can go suck on an egg!!!!!! I was once told there is no defense for a good offense it's time for Danny and Wyc to man up! Yes I realize this will put them in cap hell, but you have to choose between winning and losing and i will always side on the winning over losing everytime. Also with CP3 and Howard you fill the needs of KG,PP and Doc and noone has to go anywheres. Sorry about the loss of Rondo but it's a win,win situation for the Celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Jordan is an overpaid, not very good player.  He is worse than Perkins, but he can dunk.  That is all you are getting.  Consider the two years on his contract and the two years on KG's.  KG stays and he outplays Jordan on every level.  Jordan comes here and stagnates even more than he has.  No KG means no leadership.

Keep KG, we cannot get any return on him.  So keep him and play hard.  The Celtics are headed to oblivion.  Play to win and rebuild at the same time. Jordan brings nothing.  I live in LA and have watched him.

Let Doc go the Clippers and keep KG and see if he stays.  Jordan is irrelevant. The pick is nothing.

======================================

Sympathies to you for living in LA...I live in SF...only joking(LOL) as you know there is a bit of a sports rivalry between us and So. Cal.

I agree with you 100% that Jordan is not worth KG. Jordan is a younger version of Perkins, under double digits scoring and rebounding and a poor foul shooter. We didn't need Perk's scoring as we had a younger KG, Sheed in the paint too, and PP & Allen to score. I would only do the deal, Doc, KG & PP, for Jordan, Bledsoe & Butler & 2 draft picks and they also take Terry & Lee too(great salary relief). We live with Jordan and hope Melo develops and Sully returns to get formidable rebounding. Butler averaged 10 pts but lifetime is 15 and with the Clippers, Paul & Griffin were the major scorers. Butler  could give us 15-20 pts. Then we trade Bledsoe for maybe a Bogut from GS or keep him and trade Rondo for a bigger plumb, Cousins. With the draft picks, take the best Center & PG available.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

Donald Sterling is a Grade A conceited, egotistical, old, flabby, rich moron who is used to being surrounded by sycophants. He's not used to someone like Danny sticking to his guns.

WHY ARE WE even thinking of reopening any talks with that DUFUS !

Let him listen tp CP whine and go nowhere aghain next year. His late 1st round or 2nd round draft picks won't help him in the least.

Deandre Jordan for K.G. is an insult too. I'd rather see K,G, play out his last year in Boston and retire his number.

Jordan would've done squat for the Celtics.

The Clippers owner is a classless jack*ss. What's on the Clippers resume ? How many flags have they retired ? How many Championships have they won ?

When you go to the dump you run the risk of getting garbage on you. Danny should never have stooped so low as to talk with this imbecile.

I hope CP walks !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Mark Heisler Mark Heisler  @MarkHeisler about 35 minutes ago

Source w/knowledge of talks tells SportsCity report Doc pulled out is #Celtic ploy to get Clippers to offer No. 1--so this isn't dead yet.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2WxrXXwjf

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

[QUOTE]

as someone already stated, i dont believe the clips can trade this year's #1 pick, even if they wanted to.  they traded last years #1, which became melo, and can't trade another first round pick til 14.

Clips can trade their 2013 1st round pick.

What the Clips can't do is trade the picks in 2013 and 2014.

Clips can trade the 2013 and 2015 or 2014 and 2016.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but his point is valid.  The Clips can't trade their 1st. round picks in 2012 and 2013.  No team can go two consequtive years with out a 1st. round draft picks unless they are being penalized by the league for some reason.  The Clips did not have a 1st. round pick in 2012.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, but his point is valid.  The Clips can't trade their 1st. round picks in 2012 and 2013.  No team can go two consequtive years with out a 1st. round draft picks unless they are being penalized by the league for some reason.  The Clips did not have a 1st. round pick in 2012.

Not true.

Teams can trade their 1st round pick every year.

What they can't do is not have a 1st round pick, in the future, for 2 consecutive years.

The Ted Stepien Rule only applies when it comes to future picks.

Here:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/ted-stepien-rule.html%20

Because the Stepien rule applies only to future draft picks, teams are still permitted to trade their first-rounders every year if they so choose, but they can't trade out of the first round for back-to-back future seasons.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting that..I read it a few days ago, but couldn't remember where at.

I was getting tired of reading that the Clippers (or anyone else) couldn't trade this years draft pick away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to bahstunguy's comment:

Donald Sterling is a Grade A conceited, egotistical, old, flabby, rich moron who is used to being surrounded by sycophants. He's not used to someone like Danny sticking to his guns.

WHY ARE WE even thinking of reopening any talks with that DUFUS !

Let him listen tp CP whine and go nowhere aghain next year. His late 1st round or 2nd round draft picks won't help him in the least.

Deandre Jordan for K.G. is an insult too. I'd rather see K,G, play out his last year in Boston and retire his number.

Jordan would've done squat for the Celtics.

The Clippers owner is a classless jack*ss. What's on the Clippers resume ? How many flags have they retired ? How many Championships have they won ?

When you go to the dump you run the risk of getting garbage on you. Danny should never have stooped so low as to talk with this imbecile.

I hope CP walks !

I agree with most of your post.  I also can't understand why Doc would want anything to do with him.  He isn't even remotely close to the owners of the Celtics who are the best owners that the Celtics have had in years.  I still believe that Chris Paul will resign with the Clippers but Doc may not be their coach.