Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

The original post was about Phil Jackson. You're going to get Laker fans to chime in knowing that some Boston fans will unfairly try to denigrate the man's record. Jackson doesn't need the acknowledgement of Boston to certify his achievements. They stand on their own.

When the facts are presented, some Boston fans then have to fall back on personal and childish insults. That's why I always envision such people wearing their bibs as they spew out their crybaby venom.

As for referring to Kobe as "rapist," that really takes the cake. Anyone who read the police report knows that at the time the accusor made the false charge, she had the sperm of 3 different males, none of them Kobe. This was simply a "hoe" seeking some easy money. You want to call this gold digger an "innocent," and neglect the facts, go right ahead. What a laugh!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I didn't know you've been in the bedroom with Kobe when he's relieving himself on a woman. Again, denigrating an athlete based on rumor and innuendo. You can go down the list of athletes who cheat on their spouses, have babies with more than one woman, etc. Your target is Kobe because of his talent on the b-ball court.

When an athlete invites a woman into his hotel room, only the most idiotic would believe that all they want to do is give an autograph and nothing more. Let me repeat, Kobe's accusor had semen in her system from not 1 or 2, but 3 different men and none of it was Kobe's. And this is the Madonna that you want to use has your primary evidence to believe that he forced himself on this so-called "innocent?" It sounds like one of those idios that argues Barak Obama was not born in the U.S.

So he has 5 titles, won 2 mvps in the finals, considered by many the best b-ball player today and all you can come with is that "he chokes women?" I didn't realize how low some board members can go to desperately try to find ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING to take away from the achievements of an extraordinary athlete, not based on facts, but rumor. What a laugh.

And even if Kobe had 10 wives, turned gay, or even became bi, I wouldn't care one iota. I have yet to read about Kobe taking a knife to women begging to be with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know you've been in the bedroom with Kobe when he's relieving himself on a woman. Again, denigrating an athlete based on rumor and innuendo. You can go down the list of athletes who cheat on their spouses, have babies with more than one woman, etc. Your target is Kobe because of his talent on the b-ball court. When an athlete invites a woman into his hotel room, only the most idiotic would believe that all they want to do is give an autograph and nothing more. Let me repeat, Kobe's accusor had semen in her system from not 1 or 2, but 3 different men and none of it was Kobe's. And this is the Madonna that you want to use has your primary evidence to believe that he forced himself on this so-called "innocent?" It sounds like one of those idios that argues Barak Obama was not born in the U.S. So he has 5 titles, won 2 mvps in the finals, considered by many the best b-ball player today and all you can come with is that "he chokes women?" I didn't realize how low some board members can go to desperately try to find ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING to take away from the achievements of an extraordinary athlete, not based on facts, but rumor. What a laugh. And even if Kobe had 10 wives, turned gay, or even became bi, I wouldn't care one iota. I have yet to read about Kobe taking a knife to women begging to be with him.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

1.  The person you are arguing with is a woman
    2.  She is a lakers fan
    3.  koME is a despicable human being, and a phony in front of the camera
    4.  He is, unfortunately, also a first ballot HOF basketball player, one of the best ever
    5.  We didn't know you had access to the police report on koME.  I'm SURE that all the info released to the public is 100% accurate, those people never lie.
    6.  Obama's  "handlers" have yet to produce a birth certificate saying he was born in the US.  If its' not a big deal, show us the proof.  Why are they hiding it?
    7. koME is a public figure, and can be cheered or denigrated all we want.  Shawn Kemp is also a despicable human being, he's just not koME, so no one really cares. 

Other than that, your post is 100% accurate, nice job!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

http://www.uspoliticsguide.com/American_Political_Directory/Barack_Obama_Birth_Certificate.php

The only people hiding it are those who want to make money off of you. Switch off of Fox News every once in a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.uspoliticsguide.com/American_Political_Directory/Barack_Obama_Birth_Certificate.php The only people hiding it are those who want to make money off of you. Switch off of Fox News every once in a while.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Right back at ya!

http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/04/11/kenyan-parliament-claims-obama-born-in-kenya/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]The original post was about Phil Jackson. You're going to get Laker fans to chime in knowing that some Boston fans will unfairly try to denigrate the man's record. Jackson doesn't need the acknowledgement of Boston to certify his achievements. They stand on their own. When the facts are presented, some Boston fans then have to fall back on personal and childish insults. That's why I always envision such people wearing their bibs as they spew out their crybaby venom. As for referring to Kobe as "rapist," that really takes the cake. Anyone who read the police report knows that at the time the accusor made the false charge, she had the sperm of 3 different males, none of them Kobe. This was simply a "hoe" seeking some easy money. You want to call this gold digger an "innocent," and neglect the facts, go right ahead. What a laugh!

This thread WAS about Phil Jackson, that is correct.  We acknowledge his accomplishments, but we don't have to like him.  It is particularly annoying when a thread is turned by lakers fans into a competition with Red Auerbach.  You do realize this is a Celtics forum?  It's kind of like going on the Chicago Tribune and dissing George Halas.............or going on the LA Times and dissing John Wooden, decent, normal people don't do that.  This is our forum, and we don't think Phil is as good as Red, never did, never will.  Why come on here and denigrate the man who made the Celtics what they are?  If you can answer that...................but you can't. You're a lakers fan, and you'd just rather come on here and spill hate.  Then, you expect us to respect you.  Sorry, doesn't work that way.

NEXT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rassman. Show Rassman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : This thread WAS about Phil Jackson, that is correct.  We acknowledge his accomplishments, but we don't have to like him.  It is particularly annoying when a thread is turned by lakers fans into a competition with Red Auerbach.  You do realize this is a Celtics forum?  It's kind of like going on the Chicago Tribune and dissing George Halas.............or going on the LA Times and dissing John Wooden, decent, normal people don't do that.  This is our forum, and we don't think Phil is as good as Red, never did, never will.  Why come on here and denigrate the man who made the Celtics what they are?  If you can answer that...................but you can't. You're a lakers fan, and you'd just rather come on here and spill hate.  Then, you expect us to respect you.  Sorry, doesn't work that way. NEXT!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    Welcome back, BirdandCowens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Right back at ya! http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/04/11/kenyan-parliament-claims-obama-born-in-kenya/

We can play this game all day. I think you are delusional, and I don't find that source particularly credible. I just don't feel like it. Back to the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Welcome back, BirtherandCowens.

Mr. Obama is still my President. 

Irregardless is still a real word.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : We can play this game all day. I think you are delusional, and I don't find that source particularly credible. I just don't feel like it. Back to the Celtics.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I voted for the guy, but had I known any of this I might not have, because, of course, FAR be it from politicians to fudge any details about their lives.  I mean, Nixon never had any tapes either, right?

It is not impossible that he was not born here.
    And this isn't about the Celtics, it's about Phil Jackson!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

There is something to be learned from the past couple years. Lying about the presence of weapons of mass destruction is alright. The mere possibility that you may be lying about where you were born is not.

I think Phil Jackson is a great coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back, BirtherandCowens. Mr. Obama is still my President.   Irregular is still a real word.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Irregular IS a word, whoever said it wasnt'??
    And Matt Barnes is still NOT taking Josh Powell's minutes!!

And Obama IS the President, that is a fact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]There is something to be learned from the past couple years. Lying about the presence of weapons of mass destruction is alright. The mere possibility that you may be lying about where you were born is not. I think Phil Jackson is a great coach.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

They all lie...it's just a question of about what?
    Clinton lied, but I don't really care about his reasons for lying.  Bush lied Big Time.  The thing about Obama is.......it is in the Constitution that you must be born in this country to be elected President.  It is a VERY big deal, and circumvents any of the other lies told by past Presidents...IF he is lying.  I don't know that he is, and no one on here knows if he isn't.  Not even sure he would know..........he was very young at the time.  It's one of those things you have to take your Mom's word for!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

[QUOTE]Phil Jackson is a tool. He fits LA perfectly. Horrible city.
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]

I think L.A. is a more laid back, smaller downtown, more smog (no where near as bad as it used to be), hotter climate, spread out, and less condense peoplewise version of New York.  I think both L.A. and New York have a very high glitz and glamour aspect to them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Irregular IS a word, whoever said it wasnt'?? And Matt Barnes is still NOT taking Josh Powell's minutes!! And Obama IS the President, that is a fact.

Oops!

I meant to say that irregardless is still a real word.

Embarassed

goes to show you how much hate is going around for the heat and more specifically pat riley heat win the finals in 5, irregardless of who comes from the west
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

irregardless is not a word!

BirdandCowens

Also, I never said that Barnes is taking Powell's minutes. I said that Barnes is taking Powell's roster spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Oops! I meant to say that irregardless is still a real word. goes to show you how much hate is going around for the heat and more specifically pat riley heat win the finals in 5, irregardless of who comes from the west Posted by Jimmy42Jack0 irregardless is not a word! BirdandCowens I also never said that Barnes is taking Powell's minutes. I said that Barnes is taking Powell's roster spot.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Irregardless is in the dictionary.  That does NOT mean it is  a proper word to use.  Webster actually says irregardless is a nonsense word, use regardless instead.  Sometimes words are in there to tell us what NOT to use.  Irregardless is not a word used in any proper grammar or conversation.

AND - the conversation was about the lakers improving their bench.  I said you replaced Mbenga AND Powell with Ratliff and YOU said Barnes is taking Powell's roster spot and that is an upgrade.  So, Ratliff was signed as a C.  Powell and Mbenga were a PF and C.  Barnes can only play SF...............how is Barnes an upgrade over Powell when they don't play the same position???  You are splitting hairs to try to be right.  The lakers got Blake, Barnes and Ratliff.  They re-signed Brown.  How are they better at the C/PF position??? THAT was the original question, you see.  It was YOU who came back with the highly vague "Barnes is taking Powell's roster spot."  Okay, so Ratliff is taking the minutes of Mbenga and Powell....................refute that, if you can!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]There is something to be learned from the past couple years. Lying about the presence of weapons of mass destruction is alright. The mere possibility that you may be lying about where you were born is not. I think Phil Jackson is a great coach.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    ahh partisanship... it is present in basketball and politics. some people just believe the wrong guy won. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't know you've been in the bedroom with Kobe when he's relieving himself on a woman. Again, denigrating an athlete based on rumor and innuendo. You can go down the list of athletes who cheat on their spouses, have babies with more than one woman, etc. Your target is Kobe because of his talent on the b-ball court. When an athlete invites a woman into his hotel room, only the most idiotic would believe that all they want to do is give an autograph and nothing more. Let me repeat, Kobe's accusor had semen in her system from not 1 or 2, but 3 different men and none of it was Kobe's. And this is the Madonna that you want to use has your primary evidence to believe that he forced himself on this so-called "innocent?" It sounds like one of those idios that argues Barak Obama was not born in the U.S. So he has 5 titles, won 2 mvps in the finals, considered by many the best b-ball player today and all you can come with is that "he chokes women?" I didn't realize how low some board members can go to desperately try to find ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING to take away from the achievements of an extraordinary athlete, not based on facts, but rumor. What a laugh. And even if Kobe had 10 wives, turned gay, or even became bi, I wouldn't care one iota. I have yet to read about Kobe taking a knife to women begging to be with him.

I was just quoting from the article which I supplied a link to.

Was never calling his basketball ability into question. I like the fact that he doesn't seem to have friends on other teams, that he's focused on winning and is single minded on the court.

I just believe that as a person, he has an extremely bad element in him. Came out during the transcripts of the police interviews.

To me, if you pay out any money in an out of court settlement, it doesn't erase the idea that you did do something very wrong. If I was Bryant I'd have defended my case, the details about his 'appetites' are there in the transcripts, more people would have known about them if it had gone to court, as most won't look at transcripts. He should have fought the matter in court. His image has been ruined for those who can dig deeper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Bryant cheated on his wife and I DON'T CARE. There is a difference between a professional and a private life. I distinguish between the two. Your envy comes across loud and clear.

The very pic you use, James Worthy reminds us all that he was arrested for soliciting a prostitute when he played. But I still love Jame's contribution to the Lakers. Your new Celtic, Shaq has also cheated and is going through a divorce. I mean the list goes on and on of athletes who've committed adultery.

For anyone to then say that he's a bad person because he cheated is desperately searching for anything to detract from Kobe's accomplishments on the b-ball court. You want to throw mud, then consistency requires that you look in the mirror "thy holier than thou."

As for pitying Kobe's daughters, that's really irrational. Your pity is misdirected. Pity the homeless, the poor, the disabled. Kobe's daughters don't want nor need your pity. 

Again, anyone that read the reports from Beijing during the Olympics knows that all the NBA players in China were going out of their way to pay homage to Bryant. This year's NBA rookies said that the player they most admire is Kobe Bryant. These insults, personal attacks are a joke. Hahaha  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't understand why you think that I envy something there.

Point by point.

I don't care about that either, it's obvious that a majority of athletes do the same thing. It doesn't make it right, but it appears to be the nature of celebrity.

I'm not talking about Bryant cheating on his wife, it's the actions in Colorado that are always bought to light, did the woman ever say no during the encounter? If she said no once and the 'encounter' continued then that is rape. It's that simple. Again why pay the woman a CENT if he's completely innocent? He ought to have hired the best lawyers (he can afford it) and defended his name. That's the part that tells me that it's not all kosher. It's not like saying 'he who is without sin cast the first stone' it's upholding the law. Bryant should have gone to trial and defeated his accuser in court. That's a question I'd love to have a journalist ask him.

Out of court settlements are the domain of the rich and they are usually paid out because a party acknowledges a level of culpability. Otherwise why pay them?

It's not irrational. It's that his daughters will one day ask their dad some very hard questions and then have to live with the consequences of their fathers actions. They're not the only children in that situation. But they're in the public eye. So indeed, I do feel sorry for them having to deal with that situation. I'd imagine myself in that situation and there would be a good chance I'd not speak to my father again when I got to a certain age to work out what had happened. Put yourself in their shoes. Why didn't you love mummy? Why did you pay out that woman when you were innocent? Why, why, why? You're right about homeless people though. But that is a different topic.

Yes they admire him as a player, they see him as 'the man' who has five rings and of course they'd want to emulate his achievements on the court. That has nothing to do with his off court persona. I'd rather guys be more like David Robinson and less like Kobe Bryant.

I can understand you liking him as a player, I used to love the guy before the charges, but as a woman I just can't handle the guy any more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : I was just quoting from the article which I supplied a link to. Was never calling his basketball ability into question. I like the fact that he doesn't seem to have friends on other teams, that he's focused on winning and is single minded on the court. I just believe that as a person, he has an extremely bad element in him. Came out during the transcripts of the police interviews. To me, if you pay out any money in an out of court settlement, it doesn't erase the idea that you did do something very wrong. If I was Bryant I'd have defended my case, the details about his 'appetites' are there in the transcripts, more people would have known about them if it had gone to court, as most won't look at transcripts. He should have fought the matter in court. His image has been ruined for those who can dig deeper. Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

You like the "fact" that it "seems" he doesn't have friends on other teams doesn't make sense. He has been in the league for 15 years. He has plenty of friends in and around the NBA, most notably his Olympic teammates.

I think that Kobe did the right thing by settling out of court. Flying to and from Colorado was a major distraction for the Lakers when they were trying to win a championship. Why continue the soap opera when he had the opportunity to settle? Money certainly wasn't an issue for him, and he obviously felt that he didn't need to prove his innocence to the world either, so why bother? 

For someone like you or me who are not filthy rich, going through with a civil trial might be the right thing to do. For Kobe and his family, which is all that really matters, it wasn't. 

Also, kudos to rsalas for pointing out that Kobe is no worse than your screen name, your beloved Shaq and countless other pro athletes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Bryant cheated on his wife and I DON'T CARE. There is a difference between a professional and a private life. I distinguish between the two. Your envy comes across loud and clear. The very pic you use, James Worthy reminds us all that he was arrested for soliciting a prostitute when he played. But I still love Jame's contribution to the Lakers. Your new Celtic, Shaq has also cheated and is going through a divorce. I mean the list goes on and on of athletes who've committed adultery. For anyone to then say that he's a bad person because he cheated is desperately searching for anything to detract from Kobe's accomplishments on the b-ball court. You want to throw mud, then consistency requires that you look in the mirror "thy holier than thou." As for pitying Kobe's daughters, that's really irrational. Your pity is misdirected. Pity the homeless, the poor, the disabled. Kobe's daughters don't want nor need your pity.  Again, anyone that read the reports from Beijing during the Olympics knows that all the NBA players in China were going out of their way to pay homage to Bryant. This year's NBA rookies said that the player they most admire is Kobe Bryant. These insults, personal attacks are a joke. Hahaha  :)

For the last time, SHE is a lakers fan......probably the handle and avatar of Worthy gave it away.  It is not HER Celtics.

It is not jealousy to admire a player's talents but not think they are a great human being.  Who has a bad word to say about Magic?  No one, but he didn't get his unfortunate disease from a blood transfusion!!
    When koME came into the league, he wanted to be MJ, even sounds like him in interviews.........I don't think anyone knows what the real koME sounds like anymore...doesn't mean he's not a great player.........just a phoney!
    Ha ha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]You like the "fact" that it "seems" he doesn't have friends on other teams doesn't make sense. He has been in the league for 15 years. He has plenty of friends in and around the NBA, most notably his Olympic teammates. I think that Kobe did the right thing by settling out of court. Flying to and from Colorado was a major distraction for the Lakers when they were trying to win a championship. Why continue the soap opera when he had the opportunity to settle? Money certainly wasn't an issue for him, and he obviously felt that he didn't need to prove his innocence to the world either, so why bother?  For someone like you or me who are not filthy rich, going through with a civil trial might be the right thing to do. For Kobe and his family, which is all that really matters, it wasn't.  Also, kudos to rsalas for pointing out that Kobe is no worse than your screen name, your beloved Shaq and countless other pro athletes.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

You are on a roll today.  It is a well-known fact, koME doesn't associate with any other players in the league.  He is r-e-s-p-e-c-t-e-d by all his teammates, Olympic and lakers, but that doesn't mean they want to go out and have  a beer with him.  He probably likes Fisher..................and all the retired players.  If you saw, "Doin' Work", then you saw koME going up to his teammates to talk to them.  You further saw them looking very uncomfortable, like this hardly ever happens.  No one bad mouths him, he makes 30 mill and has a no-trade clause.  He is the face of the lakers, for better or worse.  Shaq and Phil have both bad-mouthed him.  Since you've made this claim...........where is your proof?  Show us a link that says koME has  "many friends in and around the NBA".
    It's okay, though, I LOVED the fact Bird didnt' have many friends around the league, either!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Apply common sense to a situation. You got two stories, one from Kobe and one from the woman in Colorado.

These are the facts. A successful black man being accused of raping a white woman. You want to go to trial with a predominantly all white jury? The facts are, Kobe didn't want to settle. The white woman's attorneys wanted cash from day one. This was simply legalized extortion, using the system to milk a black athlete. The reason it got to the hearing phase is because Kobe was adament about fighting the case with his legal team telling him to settle.

We know Kobe invited the white woman to his room at night and she went. It was not at gun point, with a knife, there was NO COERCION. The woman went to his hotel room. If a man asks a woman to come to his hotel room at night, its not to play "tittily winks." Kobe haters can't think logically.

Second, she then goes home and calls her friend who says that she sounds excited about being with Kobe that night. She waits more than a day after the encounter to call the police and is quickly taken to a hospital where it is recorded that her fluids are filled with 3 different male sperm. The police erroneously assume that one of the sperm samples is Kobe's and arrest him on the word of the woman. The lab results after the fact indicate, none of the retrieved sperm samples are Kobe's. That's when the prosecution case falls apart and its thrown out.

But the woman wants dough or she will proceed with a civil case. She said it through intermediaries to Kobe's attorneys that if he agrees, she will drop the case.

It's a classic of he said/she said case and the Kobe haters align themselves with the white woman. But any objective mind would say, this whole case stinks of legal extortion. If you could simply put aside your Kobe hate, you would realize that there was never any case here.

If it wasn't Kobe Bryant but some "average joe," do you honestly believe that there would have been a case in the first place? When I read the Colorado statute, it upset me because any woman can make an accusation and the burden falls on the accused. Really scary.

Pro athletes are targets. Go to any major city and see who's waiting when they arrive. The white woman was NO INNOCENT! The facts bear that out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Kobe just doesn't understand that NO means NO!