Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Phil Jackson will immediately jump at the opportunity to coach Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil abandons the Lakers next year when the Lakers fail to defend their title. Phil Jackson is only LOYAL to WINNING.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Great point, Fierce!!  I didn't think of that.  He HAS said he would like to coach MeBron.  That would give him (arguably) the three best players of this past generation (post Bird and Magic) in MJ (with Pippen) koME (with Shaq and Gasol) and MeBron (with Larry and Curly)........how would Red have done with all those great players, considering the MAN retired at 48, and Phil is 65?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Great point, Fierce!!  I didn't think of that.  He HAS said he would like to coach MeBron.  That would give him (arguably) the three best players of this past generation (post Bird and Magic) in MJ (with Pippen) koME (with Shaq and Gasol) and MeBron (with Larry and Curly)........how would Red have done with all those great players, considering the MAN retired at 48, and Phil is 65?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Pooooor Red, the tragedy of having to work with all that inferior talent that could never leave as free agents. I guess the Lakers and Bulls are the only teams to win with great players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Pooooor Red, the tragedy of having to work with all that inferior talent that could never leave as free agents. I guess the Lakers and Bulls are the only teams to win with great players.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Poooor Phil, never having to build a team, but inheriting one that is already good every single time.  Pooor Phil, no say in personnel, Red did it all, there is NO comparison.  And he would have paid Russell 50 mill to stay, so don't even go there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Head coaching record

Jackson has had a winning record every year as a head coach, and currently has the highest winning percentage of any Hall of Fame coaches. Along with his NBA-record eleven championships, he is the only coach to win at least ten championships in any of North America's major professional sports.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

A Wikapedia quote - how nice.  Very impressive record, certainly a HOF coach.  Can't deny his coaching ability.  He deserves all the accolades he can get.

He is just NO Red, that's all!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]A Wikapedia quote - how nice.  Very impressive record, certainly a HOF coach.  Can't deny his coaching ability.  He deserves all the accolades he can get. He is just NO Red, that's all!

Nope, he is no Red. Winning consistently in the modern era of free agency, with thirty teams in the league, a global talent pool, and filthy rich primadonna athletes is much different than functioning in the smaller antiquated NBA of Red's era.

Depending on your point of view, one can argue ad nauseam which is a more difficult accomplishment. Both men are unmatched in their respective eras. But, the bottom line is simply this:

Scoreboard.......Phil Jackson! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

The Lakers must be real upset with Phil Jackson. I mean, 5 titles in the last 10 years with 7 NBA Finals appearances. Yeah if I was an owner I'd sack him too. He's hopeless and with that poor a record Dr Buss must be thinking 'what have I done'?

Then I look at the Celtics....1 title in the last 23 years. Yeah, we really showed you Laker fans how it's done!

Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

First Pete, and now RePeat.

Scoreboard?  My high school kids say that.................what's your point?

Actually Red has 16 rings, since he's the architect of all the great Celtics teams.  And all 16 with one franchise.  He didn't become a mercenary for the highest bidder (the OldPerv), or the team with the best talent (SHAQ and koME).....he stayed loyal.

Also Red was never fired, Phil has been fired twice, and if not for his girlfriend, would be shooting birds on his ranch in Montana by now.

As repeat would say (another 10th grader in IQ), "you've just been OWNED."

Man, that doesn't even sound right.....I may have to edit it later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]First Pete, and now RePeat. Scoreboard?  My high school kids say that.................what's your point? Actually Red has 16 rings, since he's the architect of all the great Celtics teams.  And all 16 with one franchise.  He didn't become a mercenary for the highest bidder (the OldPerv), or the team with the best talent (SHAQ and koME).....he stayed loyal. Also Red was never fired, Phil has been fired twice, and if not for his girlfriend, would be shooting birds on his ranch in Montana by now. As repeat would say (another 10th grader in IQ), "you've just been OWNED." Man, that doesn't even sound right.....I may have to edit it later.

The Point?

Head coaching record

Jackson has had a winning record every year as a head coach, and currently has the highest winning percentage of any Hall of Fame coaches. Along with his NBA-record eleven championships, he is the only coach to win at least ten championships in any of North America's major professional sports.

Scoreboard!

No excuses, qualifications, or explanations necessary. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I see you have the cut and paste thing down......how about an original thought!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I see you have the cut and paste thing down......how about an original thought!

Sometimes, the facts are more than sufficient.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Phil Jackson is only LOYAL to WINNING.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

He should be ashamed of himself!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]I think the Laker fans should be a little concerned about how much playing time Phil Jackson will have his guys play. Doc at least has enough sense to limit his guys playing time in the pre-season. Why play Gasol, Kobe and Fisher so many minutes in pre-season? Also with all that time in they still lose the game?   POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS BA PTS R. Artest F 24:42 5-10 0-3 0-0 +3 1 0 1 1 3 4 2 0 0 10 L. Odom F 41:16 5-11 0-1 2-4 +2 6 12 18 2 4 0 3 0 1 12 P. Gasol F-C 35:39 7-21 0-0 11-15 +2 4 6 10 2 0 1 1 1 2 25 K. Bryant G 24:41 2-15 0-6 11-12 +3 1 3 4 3 5 1 2 0 1 15 D. Fisher G 30:27 4-5 0-0 4-4 +12 0 1 1 2 2 2 3 0 0 12 M. Barnes
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

It seems that certain Celtics fans are more worried about the Laker's playing time than the Lakers or their fans themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

It never ends with Boston fans. Having won 1 title in 23 years and they feel they have bragging rights. I can understand their inferiority complex. If any coach tends to overplay his veterans it's Doc Rivers.

With Kobe and Bynum injured, it will be awhile before the Lakers are fully recovered. Better that it happens now than at the end of the season.

The season hasn't started and we got Boston fans concerned about L.A. That's nice.

I didn't realize Red Auerbach was still coaching. I thought the guy had joined the dearly departed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I like it. If he does that, Lakers fans will be very, very happy, and we could have about 20 NBA titles by the time he calls it quits.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me?  the fakers are one kobe injury away from utter irrelevance.  and kobee is looking crusty already this year nursing an injury.  phil don't stick around for any in-between times, he just comes in when the super star lead team is already assembled and "zens" them to victory- LOL. 

and when those stars break down, phil breaks wind and then leaves the building to go do different "zen" activities (read: face down in a hooka again).

kobe's notched 1,219 total games played and 45,177 minutes logged.  in other words, the war horse is 32 going on 37.  phil can hear the curtain closing, believe me.  he won't be late out the door!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

aciemvp, put your money where your mouth is:

Predict for us what the war horse Kobe Bryant looks like at "32 going on 37." Impress us with your genius and give us a stat line. How do you predict Kobe will do this year; ppg; assists; steals; rebs, etc.

His career average is 25.3 ppg; 4.7 ast; 1.5 steals; 5.3 rebs...

What will a "crusty" Kobe look like this year?

Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

I have to admit that Phil Jackson is the greatest coach of all time. You have to have talent to win championships and so I dont understand some celtic fans arguing that he only wins because of MJ/Shaq/Kobe. Name 1 coach who won a title that didn't have a beast of a player in his team. Real dumb comments by some.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Next 2 years koME:

2011   69 games     23 pts        5 reb      9 ast          36 mins per game

2012   31 games     20 pts        4  reb    7  ast         31 mins per game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]Next 2 years koME: 2011   69 games     23 pts        5 reb      9 ast          36 mins per game 2012   31 games     20 pts        4  reb    7  ast         31 mins per game
    Posted by larrykevinchief[/QUOTE]

That's a neat trick!

Can you do KG too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Head coaching record Jackson has had a winning record every year as a head coach, blah blah blah.

tell us what his coaching record was his first 10 years in coaching?  how many jobs did he have?  what was his record in the poro rican league before he got canned out of that job?  you know, this was the RATHER LOONNNNNG time period before he was handed the already pre-struggled-and-ready-to-win jordan bulls- you know, after jordan was in the league four of five years and really hungry, finally had pippen by his side?

jackson was a b@@b of a coach up until then.  and he's been rotten with his roster anything but peaches and cream.  the zen shtick does not match his jack the ripper player style.  he was as untalented a hack as ever donned a pair of sneakers.  guess he took a trip to asia and got some thai shtick and a new "coaching schtick", eh?

i don't think phil's a bad coach but what did he do the first 10 years- when he could have built teams that weren't great into something?  answer: he shtunk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]aciemvp, put your money where your mouth is: Predict for us what the war horse Kobe Bryant looks like at "32 going on 37." Impress us with your genius and give us a stat line. How do you predict Kobe will do this year; ppg; assists; steals; rebs, etc. His career average is 25.3 ppg; 4.7 ast; 1.5 steals; 5.3 rebs... What will a "crusty" Kobe look like this year?
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

i predict kobe will be in decline.  that's the gist of my post- kobe is alread injured to start the year.  he's not going to flip a switch and become normal self at reg season tip off, right?  i predict phil retires REALLY SOON as he doesn't want to be bothered with pinching anything extraordinary out of an aging super star based roster in the coming years

does it really matter exactly what the stat line is anyway, elias, you of the micro-minded?  i did not put forth nostril damus credentials, rather pointed out the obvious signs that phil is getting ready to bolt town.  and he will. 

haven't you noticed kobe is just a little bit off his peak?  and who could blame him.  i can't tell you how many articles i've read about it and how many commentators have mentioned that he has slowed down a bit in the last year.  the guy has played with a heck of a desire and the volume knob at 11 for all of those games.  it takes its toll.

i guess that is too much critical thinkin' for you.  sorry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

I don't know that I'd call that critical thinking, most of us who post sort of shoot from the hip you know what I mean? Doesn't take a whole lot of thought to type down opinions. If you need to come to this discussion board with your thinking cap on, your probably trying way too hard to impress people who you don't even know. To each his own I guess...

I'm just saying that as recently as 5 and 6 months ago Kobe Bryant was averaging 29 ppg in the playoffs, 5 assists, 6 rebounds - well above his career playoff averages. I just don't see this guy all of a sudden slowing down no matter what the "many commentators" you have read are saying. Try reading commentators who aren't haters like yourself and who take an objective view of the worlds champs.

Maybe than your critical thinking claims might be taken more seriously.

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE] I just don't see this guy all of a sudden slowing down no matter what the "many commentators" you have read are saying.
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

dear lakers fan,

i did not say 'all of a sudden slowing down'- i stated that myself and others have noted that he is slowing down.  that it is noticable, perceptible.  and for me a stat line is not necessarily the end all barometer for decline.  quantity in stats can sustain slightly longer than the corresponding greatness that produced them.

kobe is on the down slope.  he's not on the up slope.  same thing with pierce, kg, and everyone else over 32 in the league.  that's not a hater.

if you want to call me a hater, do it for phfill jackson, a quack of a coach who was rotten for over a decade until he was handed a championship ready team.  and the rest is history.  phill has never built a dynasty through personnel selection or developement in his career.  he in fact seems bothered any time his teams don't just go out and do it. 

in other words, phil couldn't hold the first thread in red's jock.  call me a hater for that, not pointing out that a 32 y/o guy, who is inarguably a great player, is on the down side after having logged nearly 50,000 nba minutes. 

and what follows that on the zen decision tree is that zen master will be taking the gate so he doesn't have to do any real work. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : tell us what his coaching record was his first 10 years in coaching?  how many jobs did he have?  what was his record in the poro rican league before he got canned out of that job?  you know, this was the RATHER LOONNNNNG time period before he was handed the already pre-struggled-and-ready-to-win jordan bulls- you know, after jordan was in the league four of five years and really hungry, finally had pippen by his side? jackson was a b@@b of a coach up until then.  and he's been rotten with his roster anything but peaches and cream.  the zen shtick does not match his jack the ripper player style.  he was as untalented a hack as ever donned a pair of sneakers.  guess he took a trip to asia and got some thai shtick and a new "coaching schtick", eh? i don't think phil's a bad coach but what did he do the first 10 years- when he could have built teams that weren't great into something?  answer: he shtunk.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Phil Jackson won a championship as a head coach in the CBA in 1984, only 4 years after his last year playing. Your whole premise of Phil Jackson didn't do anything in his first ten years as a coach is based on ignorance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rassman. Show Rassman's posts

[QUOTE]If this is too much for BannedandCowens to take, and you feel the need to yammer around this little detail with silly obfuscation, so be it. 
    LOL