Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]I don't know that I'd call that critical thinking, most of us who post sort of shoot from the hip you know what I mean? Doesn't take a whole lot of thought to type down opinions. If you need to come to this discussion board with your thinking cap on, your probably trying way too hard to impress people who you don't even know. To each his own I guess... I'm just saying that as recently as 5 and 6 months ago Kobe Bryant was averaging 29 ppg in the playoffs, 5 assists, 6 rebounds - well above his career playoff averages. I just don't see this guy all of a sudden slowing down no matter what the "many commentators" you have read are saying. Try reading commentators who aren't haters like yourself and who take an objective view of the worlds champs. Maybe than your critical thinking claims might be taken more seriously.
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Not to rain on your love-fest for Bryant, but it seems to me five knee surgeries is an awful lot for someone so young.  Reminds me of Bobby Orr.  I know the guy stays in great shape, but he has a lot of mins on those legs, and five surgeries.  That is not hating, that is just stating facts.......preseason, reg season, and deep in the playoffs every year, that adds up.  I agree with acie, that he is on the downward slope, has to be!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Phil Jackson won a championship as a head coach in the CBA in 1984, only 4 years after his last year playing. Your whole premise of Phil Jackson didn't do anything in his first ten years as a coach is based on ignorance.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

tell me what his record was that first 10 and how many jobs he got fired from

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : tell me what his record was that first 10 and how many jobs he got fired from
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Hey, you are making all these nefarious claims against his performance, yet you didn't even realize he won a championship ring in his first ten years. If you care to further denigrate him based on performance, have at it, post it yourself. I am not your errand boy. You spoke authoritatively about something you obviously don't know anything about, and when you get called on it, you start making demands. Is this how you normally respond when you get caught red handed spinning a line of BS? Why don't you look and find the information yourself, before making false claims.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontyHalll. Show MontyHalll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Not to rain on your love-fest for Bryant, but it seems to me five knee surgeries is an awful lot for someone so young.  Reminds me of Bobby Orr.  I know the guy stays in great shape, but he has a lot of mins on those legs, and five surgeries.  That is not hating, that is just stating facts.......preseason, reg season, and deep in the playoffs every year, that adds up.  I agree with acie, that he is on the downward slope, has to be!
    Posted by larrykevinchief[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, he will definitely be slowing down, but the 5 surgeries are a fallacy. He has not had anything major done. Simple procedures like hedley scopes. No major tears, or reconstruction. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : tell me what his record was that first 10 and how many jobs he got fired from

He did win a CBA title early in his career, then got bounced from two teams in the Puerto Rican League.  He was unable to land an NBA jog, according to Wikapedia, because he belonged to the counter-culture.  Doug Collins hired him as an Assistant, and the rest is history as they say.....although he has been fired twice from NBA jobs, and would not have a job if not for good old Jeannie Buss.  Jerry wanted him out, but................you know what they say about blood and water!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Jeannie Buss looks like he could be Phil Jackson's daughter. Imagine if Phil Jackson had Jeannie Buss for a girlfriend when he was still playing for the Chicago Bulls. At that time Jeannie Buss would have been just 10 years old and Phil Jackson would have been in his 30s. Wow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : He did win a CBA title early in his career, then got bounced from two teams in the Puerto Rican League.  He was unable to land an NBA jog, according to Wikapedia, because he belonged to the counter-culture.  Doug Collins hired him as an Assistant, and the rest is history as they say.....although he has been fired twice from NBA jobs, and would not have a job if not for good old Jeannie Buss.  Jerry wanted him out, but................you know what they say about blood and water!!

Phil Jackson + Jeannie Buss = Law and Order SVU

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Jeannie Buss looks like he could be Phil Jackson's daughter. Imagine if Phil Jackson had Jeannie Buss for a girlfriend when he was still playing for the Chicago Bulls. At that time Jeannie Buss would have been just 10 years old and Phil Jackson would have been in his 30s. Wow!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

When I look at the picture of Paul Pierce in your avatar, I see the look on his face, and it makes me think someone is making "sexytime" with his behind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : When I look at the picture of Paul Pierce in your avatar, I see the look on his face, and it makes me think someone is making "sexytime" with his behind.

Seriously, that's an official picture from nba.com. Are you some kind of pervert?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Seriously, that's an official picture from nba.com. Are you some kind of pervert?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Are you? With your pedo fantasy of Phil Jackson and Jeannie Buss? Seriously man, lighten up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Lets just lower ourselves to personal insults and irrelevant jibberish. No one has to make any apologies or inflate Phil Jackson's record. His accomplishments stand on their own. His teams competed when the league was fully developed, integrated, and intense.

Auerbach? 8 teams in the entire NBA. Red was a winner in his era and Phil is a winner in 2 decades. Rather than compare apples and oranges, Phil Jackson is considered by many the greatest coach ever. He doesn't have to win any more titles.

Oh, and thanks for telling us that Kobe is on the "downside of his career." Who knew? Athletes can never beat father time but the man is more than capable. And even if Kobe never wins another title. He's got 5 titles, that's 4 more than the Celtics have won in 23 years.

Lets hope that the Celts and Lakers meet again at the end of the new season, but there are never any guarantees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Do you have a daughter or a sister? You think it's normal for your daughter or sister to have a boyfriend that's 25 years older than she is?  Wait, you're from LA so I guess being promiscuous is nothing out of the ordinary.
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Do you think there is a difference between two consenting adults who are 45 and 65 versus a 30 year old being with a 10 year old? Who said anything about those two being promiscuous? It has nothing to do with being from LA. It has everything to do with you being a busybody who worries about how other adults conduct their personal business, versus me not worrying about what other adults do with each other. I feel sorry for you if you are genuinely concerned about this. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Do you think there is a difference between two consenting adults who are 45 and 65 versus a 30 year old being with a 10 year old? Who said anything about those two being promiscuous? It has nothing to do with being from LA. It has everything to do with you being a busybody who worries about how other adults conduct their personal business, versus me not worrying about what other adults do with each other. I feel sorry for you if you are genuinely concerned about this. 

Did I say anything about 10-year old girls? I think you have me confused with someone else. Maybe you're just blinded by your eternal love for Phil Jackson. 

Get your facts right next time. Being with a 10-year old? Phooey! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : As long as they keep winning, right? Kobe, the rapist, working well with Phil, the pedo, and Artest, the felon, as the bodyguard. That is so cool! Just like a Hollywood adult movie.

Mate, your embarrassing, get some help!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : As long as they keep winning, right? Kobe, the rapist, working well with Phil, the pedo, and Artest, the felon, as the bodyguard. That is so cool! Just like a Hollywood adult movie.

I think I hear violins playing in the background.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : You come to a Boston Celtics forum and you talk about how great Phil Jackson is, HELLO!!!  Why don't you get that violin and bash your head with it. Maybe that will make you realize that you're in the wrong forum. 

Blame it on my "eternal love for Phil Jackson."

Oh wait, I think I hear the piano.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Does this mean that you prefer older men?

I would prefer it if you would account for yourself in a manner "older" than you currently do. If that is what you mean, then yes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : I would prefer it if you would account for yourself in a manner "older" than you currently do. If that is what you mean, then yes.

Come to think of it, you're like a 10-year old bragging about Phil Jackson in a forum where the "older" people are Celtic fans. That's odd. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Come to think of it, you're like a 10-year old bragging about Phil Jackson in a forum where the "older" people are Celtic fans. That's odd. 

meeeow.......older people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Why don't you look and find the information yourself, before making false claims.

i made no false claims.  i never said phil didn't win a championship in the cocaine basketball assoc.  i did state that he got fired from multiple jobs and was handed two teams with ALL of the talent together and through the struggling / seasoning phases.  and that is true.

since you are such an avid phill jock sniffer / bong water changer, i was hoping you'd be able to tell me what his W-L record was prior to have multiple HOF guys on his teams.  that's all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : i made no false claims.  i never said phil didn't win a championship in the cocaine basketball assoc.  i did state that he got fired from multiple jobs and was handed two teams with ALL of the talent together and through the struggling / seasoning phases.  and that is true. since you are such an avid phill jock sniffer / bong water changer, i was hoping you'd be able to tell me what his W-L record was prior to have multiple HOF guys on his teams.  that's all.

Yea, if that is what twirls your beanie, I think you should run with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Yea, if that is what twirls your beanie, I think you should run with it.

When Phil Jackson becomes the head coach of the Miami Heat will you also become a Heat fan?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : When Phil Jackson becomes the head coach of the Miami Heat will you also become a Heat fan?

Maybe I can become a Celtics fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : He was unable to land an NBA jog, according to Wikapedia, because he belonged to the counter-culture. 

translation: just another country hatin' hippie who's full of dope smoke.

and that was a classy culture war that phil started in chicago.  way to motivate the team.  turn them against the guy who brought all the talent together.  very counter culture.  very intellectually progressive.  krause was no angel or saint, but thanks to phil, who isn't mature enough to hold a marriage, krause was hated, demonized and has yet to be put into the HOF.  classy!

yep, that's the phil jackson you know and love.  all of the creativity of an earthworm.  you could insert the name "billybob" in there instead of phil jackson and the story would pass muster as the coach of the 8th grade softball team turning against the gym teacher who was "team manager" for not getting them the right equipment and talking poopie behind their back. 

phil's a real card allright.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : translation: just another country hatin' hippie who's full of dope smoke. and that was a classy culture war that phil started in chicago.  way to motivate the team.  turn them against the guy who brought all the talent together.  very counter culture.  very intellectually progressive.  krause was no angel or saint, but thanks to phil, who isn't mature enough to hold a marriage, krause was hated, demonized and has yet to be put into the HOF.  classy! yep, that's the phil jackson you know and love.  all of the creativity of an earthworm.  you could insert the name "billybob" in there instead of phil jackson and the story would pass muster as the coach of the 8th grade softball team turning against the gym teacher who was "team manager" for not getting them the right equipment and talking poopie behind their back.  phil's a real card allright.

Oh my gosh, I think I hear more violins.