Come on Bob Ryan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Come on Bob Ryan!

Last week story in the Globe of DA vs Doc.   I thought is was gonna be on their performance of their current jobs.   Instead a story of the 80s.   Look;  it'd be a shame if either makes HOF.   DA wasn't any better shooter than Steve Kerr.   Does coaching one championship give HOF credentials?   Both are not doing well w/ the Cs this yr.   And, if you read my threads, you know I think DA is below average for talent evaluator.
       Doc:   Has an old team.   Will get better when PP gets his legs.   But 2yrs and many bad player moves by DA away from any championship.   By now the Bost3 should be helping a young core be competative.   Things Doc has to do:   Play Stiemsa (?) instead of JON.   JON is not a championship type player for the past 3yrs.   Cs big men should be Steimsa and Erden.   Perkins coulda been traded for better than JGreen.   EMoore and JJohnson have to play more.   ABradley is not a legit NBAer, but got to let him prove it on the court.   But, not at the expense of EM playing.   Game is moving to fast right now for JJ.   That won't change untill he's use to playing.   Cs ain't doing nothing this yr except wait for draft position
       DA:   Do you have enough time to read?   Last 5yrs (not counting '11) no draft picks!!!   Those of you who don't believe a team is built on the draft are i___ts.   Whether you draft and keep or trade, ALL professional sports teams improve thru the draft.   DA got RA and KG.   Posey was luck.   Even Powe was luck.   If they were skill, he woulda tried harder to keep them.   DA didn't know what he had.   NRobinson for 3 players!   KP for OKCs most dispensible player,   JG is soft and is not good.   Shoulda insisted on Harden or Ibaka.   He got used.  Telfair, GGreen, Giddens, Bradley (lol).   Thats over 5 years!!   All poor first round picks!   No young legs on the bench or able to crack the starting lineup!   Nobody to run w/ RR.   No young shooters, rebounders (Stiemsa is a f/a).   Nobody to score down low.   AB can't even play the point when he's on the court.   Doc puts him in the corner (lol) on offense.   He's quick and fast.   So what.   Get him off you w/ a pick.   He doesn't play the pick n roll well.   Doesn't play weak side D well.   So he picks his man up high.   Just gives more space for his man to get past him and when that happens, he's out of position to help D.   DA is poor.   He'll never rebuild the C's.   Bob Ryan's story shoulda been closer to this thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: Come on Bob Ryan!

Another thing.   Bet Stiemsma isn't on the team next year.   Either he wasn't signed for a long enough contract and again will be a f/a or DA will trade him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

May be right, they don't seem to have interest in the only big we have that could give us stats and 30 minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Come on Bob Ryan!:
    [QUOTE]May be right, they don't seem to have interest in the only big we have that could give us stats and 30 minutes.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Steammer will never get a chance under Doc,for his on good he should leave and Im sure some other DA are watching and seeing his potential.He will get his chance to develop under a different coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It was a human interest story.  Ryan is no softy.  He hits the team hard when he things they aren't playing well.  So, I ain't mad at him for a human interest story.

As for the team, I think most of us agree that Danny has done a poor job with his drafts and took too much away from us with his trade.  I'd also like to see Doc play the younger kids more.  

But, I can't agree with your assessment of Green.  IMO, Jeff would have showed you his value this year after playing with the team and he + Bass would be running with Rondo.  Losing Jeff was more important than most people on this Board realize.  He's the one who would have replace Paul in the early part of the season and he's veteran enough for Doc to feel comfortable sitting Paul more.  

Doc's not playing the young folks enough, but I think he and Danny has decided that they have to ride the Big 3 to see if they'll come out of the funk and if they don't, then they'll move on more youth (I'm predicting All Star break when they give up - especially Danny).  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Come on Bob Ryan!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come on Bob Ryan! : Steammer will never get a chance under Doc,for his on good he should leave and Im sure some other DA are watching and seeing his potential.He will get his chance to develop under a different coach.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

Agree with many of your points.  Stiemsa should be starting or playing more minutes than Jermaine.  Many of the bench players should be playing as many or more minutes than the starters since they aren't winning games anyway.  The younger players many be able to keep us in the game and give us a better chance of winning. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Time for Doc and DA to leave....thanks for the championship. This ship be sinkin!