Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Yes, Karl, I was being silly last night.  My bad.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I have to agree completely - the Cs will miss Perk in the playoffs.  Firstly, he plays in the western conference so unless the Thunder make the finals, they will indeed miss him.  Secondly, if the Cs do get to the finals and the Thunder also make the finals.  The Cs will still miss Perk because he will be injured and miss the series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Aside from Shaq ( who is a health time bomb ) who cannot play long enough to be very effective, noone is intimidated ( and thus, attacking the basket less) by our centers. How do you quantify intimidation? That's one of the things we call intangibles. Perk is an all-star at defensive intangibles. Now we only have the big 4 in that category and I don't know if it will be enough.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]
    Relax.You are wrong.The celtics will be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fryber. Show fryber's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics won a championship being a defensive team first, and defense still defines this year's version of the Celtics. Shaq is still an offensive threat, but he is a liability on defense. When he is not a statue, he is in foul trouble. Jermain is, well, undependable at best, and a financial drain at worst. Both are too slow to guard Howard, Duncan, and Bynum. Krystic weighs less than Garnett and he was pushed around last night by Kaman, a good journeyman center. Against the best centers, he will not be a defensive threat, and he will be the focus of other team's offensive efforts as he was last night. Baby can guard Howard, because he can't shoot from distance. However, he can not guard Bynum, or Duncan, because they both can shoot from distance. It is not the Celtic record without Perk that matters, because we will not be playing the Bobcats or the Wizards in the finals. We will be playing the Lakers, the Spurs or the Mavericks. While we may still sign Murphy, or other bigs after buyouts, the Celtics will have a big defensive hole at Center without Perk against the Elite teams of the West.  Can we make up the difference on offense? Maybe, but offense comes and goes while defense can be brought every night. Perk will be missed.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Chris Kaman is not a "good journeyman center". He was an all-star last season and he scored 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against Perk in last year's game in LA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Chris Kaman is not a "good journeyman center". He was an all-star last season and he scored 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against Perk in last year's game in LA.
    Posted by fryber[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness for some perspective.  I don't recognize your moniker but one thing you have to realize about this board goes something like this:

The Celtics are the Harlem Globetrotters and the only team they play is the Washington Generals.  

The other team's players are nameless and faceless guys who are simply fodder for the Celticstrotters.

There is not even a remote possibility that the Generals could have a player who is better than and Celticstrotter players.

So if you can assume these as basic givens or truths, then you are on your way to understanding this board.

If the Cs had Kaman the last two years as their starting center they would likely be going after their fourth straight title but of course nobody on this board can even fathom that as a remote possibility.  After all they had Perk - a defensive stalwart perennial all-star quality something or other who is actually a journeyman center that nobody could even attempt to accept or recognize.

As a one time all-star Kaman has participated in more all-star games combined than the following Celtics who most posters were ready to donate money to for another wing in Springfield:  Delonte West, Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Perk, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, Billy Walker, and a bunch of others, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is Q is that the Celtics do not fear the Lakers as a team and cannot wait to get their revenge. The sad thing is we may not get the chance as your team won't make it to the finals.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Actually, the sad thing is that Danny Ainge probably torpedoed any shot at another title with his bonehead trade. Now Miami, Chicago and maybe even the Knicks have a legitimate shot at beating the C's. And the Lakers are now in a better position to knock off the Celtics IF they somehow make it through that gauntlet. The Spurs are the only serious threat to the Lakers...but if they DO beat the Lakers, they'll have no problem with the Celtics. Perk was your best defender in the lane. Shaq is a shell of what he once was and you can't count on him to stay healthy (as I told all of you early in the season). I don't have to say anything about Krstic because...well, you ALL know. Your front line doesn't scare ANY team now. What's really sad is all of you hoping and waiting for DA to go out and pick up some scraps and castoffs in order to win a title with a team that is old and can barely play a healthy line up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Kristic doesnt play D and D wins championships .... and I'm tired of the JO and Shaq talk ... all the posts say IF they are healthy... well since when are they ever healthy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]Perk equals Parish in his prime.

OK   You're just delusional.  You just lost ALL credibility with that absurd comment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : [QUOTE]Perk equals Parish in his prime. OK   You're just delusional.  You just lost ALL credibility with that absurd comment.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

No need to call him delusional he just spelled Montross incorrectly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Come the Playoffs, we will miss Perkins about as severly as I will miss my ex wife.  and I might add, that she also played good defense, was always angry, had useless hands, and no offense what so ever.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Come the Playoffs, we will miss Perkins about as severly as I will miss my ex wife.  and I might add, that she also played good defense, was always angry, had useless hands, and no offense what so ever.    

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]Come the Playoffs, we will miss Perkins about as severly as I will miss my ex wife.  and I might add, that she also played good defense, was always angry, had useless hands, and no offense what so ever.    

But you must have had someone to replace her that was healthy.... We don't have that...