Compensation for Doc? Clippers allegedly say "nope"....just give em to us for free

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Compensation for Doc? Clippers allegedly say "nope"....just give em to us for free

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/20/4449874/woj-clippers-wont-give-up-draft-pick-for-doc

What the heck?  The Clippers just need to go away at this point....they are pissing me off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Compensation for Doc? Clippers allegedly say

WHo can blame them... we should feel lucky they're willing to take DOc at all.. probably to satisfy Chris Paul who either bought the hype about DOc or knows with DOc as his coach, hes free to do whatever he wants, run up his stats or dictate how the game is played..  Doc will support him waving his pom poms and cheering

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's the way the Celtics will handle this whole Sterns isn't going too allow the move of KG and Doc. First off they ain't going to cut Doc free, he may refuse too coach the team, and he will sit out the upcoming season. As for KG they will attempt to trade him to LA and it will have to be for all the previously mentioned assets. If the Clippers try and gyp the Celtics they get nothing and have to like it. I don't know what the status of the roster will be if everything falls through.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Far worse than giving him away would be for doc to show up in the fall tanned, relaxed, restored, psyched thru da roof and ready to coach the Cs per current contractual obligations.

At least the Clips aren't asking Danny to pick up a portion of doc's contract on his way to tinseltown.

At least... not yet.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Richard1965's comment:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/20/4449874/woj-clippers-wont-give-up-draft-pick-for-doc

What the heck?  The Clippers just need to go away at this point....they are pissing me off.

If the Clippers don't sign Doc Chris Paul won't resign with them.  Unless they sign another coach that Paul likes.  Everything that I read/heard is that Paul wants Doc as coach.  Danny also won't let Doc coach the Clippers without receiving some type of compensation.  Still not sure what will happen but Doc may indeed just leave the Celtics and not coach for anyone next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to Richard1965's comment:

If the Clippers don't sign Doc Chris Paul won't resign with them.  Unless they sign another coach that Paul likes.  Everything that I read/heard is that Paul wants Doc as coach.  Danny also won't let Doc coach the Clippers without receiving some type of compensation.  Still not sure what will happen but Doc may indeed just leave the Celtics and not coach for anyone next season. 

Since Doc will be our coach, maybe CP3 will sign with the Celtics! Ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Maybe we can trade Pierce for Chris Paul, if he wants to play for Doc.

Then we can trade Rondo for a center.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I agree with the sentiment, "Clippers need to go away now"

Toss in the Heat for that matter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I agree with the sentiment, "Clippers need to go away now"

Toss in the Heat for that matter

My feelings exactly. I hope Danny does not let them have Doc.  Just on principle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REW. Show REW's posts

Closing paragraph of article in today's LA Times.

"

Either the Clippers follow the lessons taught by the Lakers past, or they could be doomed to repeat the mistakes of the Lakers present. One can already hear the chants during next season's opening night at Staples Center if the Clippers are losing and the guy standing in front of the bench is not the guy standing in front of them now.

"We want Doc ... we want Doc."

bill.plaschke@latimes.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"WHo can blame them... we should feel lucky they're willing to take DOc at all.. probably to satisfy Chris Paul"

You absolutely can blame them. They entered into a negotiation unwilling to give up anything. 

What you don't realize with your head in a fishbowl here is that Doc is a sought after coach and compensation is not at all unusual in this situation. 

Paul demanding to play for Doc gave the Celts leverage and it would have been easy for the Clips to get Doc giving up a couple of decent, not great draft picks. 

The Clips screwed this up royally and wasted everyone's time. I will crack up hard if Paul ends up signing elsewhere next time around