Concerned with Shaq!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Concerned with Shaq!

Are the C's really resting Shaq or is there more to this story??

I'm starting to get the "KG in 2009" feeling with Shaq and his injury. First it was Wednesday and now he's out indefinately. There are only 20+ games left at some point he has to start playing. Is he practicing with the team??

I'll hold out hope but as each day passes Doc's words keep changing, so I don't know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Concerned with Shaq!

The C's are really resting Shaq...

Like every other team he has played for over the past 5 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celts would not even need Shaq if the Celts don't face the Lakers in the postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It could be either way, however, I doubt that Celtic management would have traded Perk if they were concerned.

The Celtics don't really need him for the rest of the regular season. They are not playing Orlando or the Lakers until the play-offs.

We do play the Spurs, but KG has always done a good job guarding Duncan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Achilles is a danger zone. But who really knows with the Celtics when it comes to injuries.

Setting return dates and missing them could mean 2 things: 1) Shaq really got hurt again and needs more time or 2) Celt trainer/docs are doing another poor job like they did with several other Celtic players like KG.

Why target a date to return then miss it unless something came up?

Deflating to players and fans.... unless the players are in on it.

Wouldnt be far fetched to think they are just letting Shaq rest up, get in shape for when they need him. Too bad we have to go through this tap dance while they do

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

It could be either way, however, I doubt that Celtic management would have traded Perk if they were concerned.

I think the Celtics brass in tight spot with Perk. First, Perk will not sign. Second, Ainge thinks he will lose Perk next year.
    Third, Ainge thinks he's not worth 50mil. Fourth, the trade deadline approaching
    and he has to act accordingly.

I think Shaq is ok and giving much priority to Krstic.  Ainge will use Krstic
    as our Center on the playoff (do or die).
    He will bite the bullet & use Krstic all the way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The info on Shaq's injury is kinda fuzzy at this point.  While originally it was called achilles tendonitis, after last practice it was either same injury not healed or foot pain.  None of the articles I've read are in depth concerning the diagnositcs employed. 
    My best shoot from the hip diagnosis/prognosis.
    If original diagnosis is correct.
    Shaq's old(for an NBA player) and very big.  That equates to slower healing and more stress on the tendon, which will also prolong healing process.
    If original diagnosis was correct but incomplete, we should here something after he practices again and foot symptoms return.
    We need Shaq for the playoffs, so all I can say is, more rest is better than rushing him back.
    I think he's just slow on the mend.