Congrats to the Heat for taking the first two games but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonnpride. Show bostonnpride's posts

Congrats to the Heat for taking the first two games but....

Is it just me or every big game Celtics have to beat both their opponent and the referees? I'm not taking anything away from the Heat, they technically won fair and square but still that fourth quarter in game 2 was ridiculous. Every time Celtics made a little run, the referees would always call a foul, which in turn brought the momentum back to the Heat. I usually don't criticize the referees but some of those calls were just ridiculous! I just hope that Celtics get home court referee advantage, but to be honest I doubt it. They never have been in good favor with the referees this past season no matter where they played... Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Congrats to the Heat for taking the first two games but....

so let me get this straight, this is about the 80th thread done about the refs and they are start "im not usually against the refs, but"

come on guys, celtics fans are better than this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to the Heat for taking the first two games but....:
    [QUOTE]so let me get this straight, this is about the 80th thread done about the refs and they are start "im not usually against the refs, but" come on guys, celtics fans are better than this
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

What is great is that there will not be any discussion about the refs when the Cs win games 3 and 4.  Somehow when they win, the refs are not an issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Let's say the C's win the next two games. Let's look at the FT disparity and the calls to see if it's the same. No one wants to blame refs for anything but 68 FTs in 2 games is ridiculous. That's 34 FTs a game compared to 20 FTs a game. You cannot overcome FREE points when a team is considered a very good defensive team. FREE points in a series like this a difference maker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

When you attack the basket you get calls.  I didn't like the KG call that Doc got T'd up on, but the game was over at that point.  There was no more contact there then on the play where Lebron spun through Rondo and then dunked.  Oh well.  The game was tied 80-80 and the Celts stopped scoring, not the refs fault. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonnpride. Show bostonnpride's posts

[QUOTE]When you attack the basket you get calls.  I didn't like the KG call that Doc got T'd up on, but the game was over at that point.  There was no more contact there then on the play where Lebron spun through Rondo and then dunked.  Oh well.  The game was tied 80-80 and the Celts stopped scoring, not the refs fault.   
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

In the end it was the Celtics fault for losing. But it is such a handicap that it is almost impossible to get into a rhythm! And when you play a good team like Miami, its almost impossible to win

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Let's say the C's win the next two games. Let's look at the FT disparity and the calls to see if it's the same. No one wants to blame refs for anything but 68 FTs in 2 games is ridiculous. That's 34 FTs a game compared to 20 FTs a game. You cannot overcome FREE points when a team is considered a very good defensive team. FREE points in a series like this a difference maker.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

One team has finishers that are young and athletic and agressive... the other team has a point guard that acts like he is from Missouri - someone needs to prove to him that the free throw line actually exists, the rest of his teammates are jump shooters.

Why aren't we all watching the same games?