Constructive criticism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Constructive criticism

Always blaming (the all of a sudden silent) DA.   Here were my suggestions over the past couple years:   Aquiring  Carl Landry.  Kyle Lowry.   Trading RA for Mo Williams (might have had to be ok'd by RA).   These guards would need a big guard w/ them.   Therefore, woulda been a good reason to keep Marquis Daniels.   For big guys maybe woulda kept KP, but trade options woulda been open.   But, woulda traded for something better (more even) than Jeff Green (I woulda laughed at an agent who woulda asked for 9mil/yr, but never was impressed anyway to trade for him).  
       On the drafting front, I advocated Chalmers (instead of Giddens).   Didn't know much of D Jordan, but if I saw him in predraft and was picking 30th, he woulda been intriguing to go along w/ KP and KG (esp w/ KP's renewd contract coming up).  Cs took Jujaun Johnson and I liked him.   But, in workouts if I saw he was so stiff... I initially thought they shoulda taken Marshon Brooks.   I liked Jordan Crawford 3 yrs ago.   AB has limitations, but he's ok pick.
       These players woulda given many more options to maneuver.   More young players w/o huge contracts (until rookie contract ends).   Sure, different draft positions.   Players, agents and other GMs could refuse (but some of these players didn't have team stability).   But, if available...   All these guys are playas even if not all-stars.   (Cs bench of present can't play).   More players to package etc.   No definite sf to backup PP, but my eyes would be open.
       I've mentioned all of this thru the years.   Need proof then look up my history.   This isn't revisionist history.   I've mentioned these senerios when they were in the present.   DA can't hang w/ any of these ideas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Constructive criticism

What do you want the Celtics to do now?  The point is to discuss ideas in the present, not your past suggestions.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Okay, so you shoulda been the GM.  But you weren't.  What now?  :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Good point #6.   I'm not gonna just sit hear and blurt names.   I'll see who's contract may be ending / available next yr etc.
       What I can say now is that I would cut ties w/ JGreen.   Trade him asap.   Other teams may want him for a playoff run.   His salary though is very steep at 9mil/yr for 3 1/2 more yrs!!   Some of you conspiracy people will say that DA paid that to trade for an high salary player.   I don't agree.   Cs coulda kept KP for that $.   I have a friend who says that you can't shoot unless you can make 2 shots in a row.   He really means, can you make shots consistently over n over again.   JG can't.   If he makes 2 outside shots in a row, then the next 2 can easily be air balls (like against the Knicks).   He's not mentally tough.   Very rarely can you learn that (LBJs is learning that) at an older age.   CAnthony just scored 28pts in spite of missing wide open shots.
       Courtney Lee also isn't staying.   But, I'll give him one chance.   That is no more 3s!   He also can't make more than one at a time (if that).   Maybe he'll do better if he sticks to shooting only 2s.
       JTerry is also to go (lol all of DA's pick-ups this yr...lol).   But, 3yr contract at his age for only a shooter!   That is as bad a contract as JG or Scal's was!   The length may make him untradable.
       I'd be giving up on this yr?   Yes.   And, I'd have to apoligize to KG, PP and Doc.   If any of them wanted out, I reluctantly would have to honor the request.   DA has botched things so bad (for the present and future).   Cs are so bad that you can't even say: 'go w/ the young guys'.   They have no 'young guys' except AB and Sully (? ok, Melo) after more than 10 potential players since '07.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

If Peitrus is around, then that is a start.   Also, m' boy Leon Powe.   I don't know what their health status is or if they are w/ other teams.   I would also go for Erden if the Euro league is over.   These would be little things just to give PP and KG some playoff chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Always blaming (the all of a sudden silent) DA.   Here were my suggestions over the past couple years:   Aquiring  Carl Landry.  Kyle Lowry.   Trading RA for Mo Williams (might have had to be ok'd by RA).   These guards would need a big guard w/ them.   Therefore, woulda been a good reason to keep Marquis Daniels.   For big guys maybe woulda kept KP, but trade options woulda been open.   But, woulda traded for something better (more even) than Jeff Green (I woulda laughed at an agent who woulda asked for 9mil/yr, but never was impressed anyway to trade for him).  
       On the drafting front, I advocated Chalmers (instead of Giddens).   Didn't know much of D Jordan, but if I saw him in predraft and was picking 30th, he woulda been intriguing to go along w/ KP and KG (esp w/ KP's renewd contract coming up).  Cs took Jujaun Johnson and I liked him.   But, in workouts if I saw he was so stiff... I initially thought they shoulda taken Marshon Brooks.   I liked Jordan Crawford 3 yrs ago.   AB has limitations, but he's ok pick.
       These players woulda given many more options to maneuver.   More young players w/o huge contracts (until rookie contract ends).   Sure, different draft positions.   Players, agents and other GMs could refuse (but some of these players didn't have team stability).   But, if available...   All these guys are playas even if not all-stars.   (Cs bench of present can't play).   More players to package etc.   No definite sf to backup PP, but my eyes would be open.
       I've mentioned all of this thru the years.   Need proof then look up my history.   This isn't revisionist history.   I've mentioned these senerios when they were in the present.   DA can't hang w/ any of these ideas.

So youre a genius...now what?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to docc's comment:

If Peitrus is around, then that is a start.   Also, m' boy Leon Powe.   I don't know what their health status is or if they are w/ other teams.   I would also go for Erden if the Euro league is over.   These would be little things just to give PP and KG some playoff chance.

Your first post was interesting. Your second raised dubious eyebrows and in your third, you've lost ALL credibiity with this nonsense.  Peitrus is a bench warmer with (Toronto) and making the same stupid mistakes and poor descisions as when he was with the Celtics and numerous other teams. and Powe was cut by both Memphis and Grizz before playing some in PR. I believe he is now out of the game.  You don't have a clue...you just want to recycle old Celtic trash. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

You're right Eldunker.   But you don't look at the game in three dimensions.   Petrius is older and his outside shot wasn't good last yr.   I'd only want him for basically free.   Also, tho his shot was off, his defensive was pretty good and he hit the boards.   Terry, Lee and JG's defensive is horrible and they don't rebound.   W/ just that one player I improved 2 phases of the team.   LP gives boards and inside play.   Just these 2 players at the vet minimum give more production than DA's pickups for 14mil w/ multiple years (and I'm not even a capologist)!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

El Dunker favorite song? Living in the Past by Jethro Tull.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

The past!   Cs fans will all be in the past shortly.   Remember, b4 KG, DA was horrible for bout 4yrs.   Elder GPayton.   Vin Baker who wasn't any good before his health issues.   Telfair for a first round draft pick (36!!!), 18 losses in a row!!!   Yea, that Celtics who McHale baled (It was prob DA or KM whose job was on the line and KM took the fall).   That's the past that I know.   Since getting KG/RA, DA's aquisitions have gone downhill.   2/11 draft picks sticking.   Trying to recreate w/ just getting older players (most over-the-hill).   Till what the Cs have today.   I never believed the hype cause he wasn't good from the beginning.   Then he lucked out w/ the above two.   The players recruited most of the bench, then he didn't know who to keep, how to keep and how much to keep for when it was contract time.   Yea, that's the past that I know.   He did lead to a 'ship'.    But, this is the Boston Celtics!   One of the greatest sports franchises in the world.   And during most of DA's tenure they have been below average.   Sing your tune.   Cs will continue to fall like a lead ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Telfair #6 draft pick (??? or #5)