Contenders Must Be Kicking Themselves For Not Going After Shaq...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Contenders Must Be Kicking Themselves For Not Going After Shaq...

Shaq has been hurt but for the time he has played he has been incredible if you consider the amount of money he is being paid.  1.3 million a guy that can get you almost 10 points and 5 rebounds off the bench, is a great bargain, especially a guy that can help your defense and be physical inside.  Shaq's star days are over, but he can clearly help a contender that needs him as a 4th or 5th scorer.

Especially veteran contenders like Chicago, Miami, Lakers, and the Dallas Mavericks must be kicking themselves for not trying hire to get Shaq to sign with them.  Come playoff time, Shaq's 15-25 minutes he can give you will help in 7 game series. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Contenders Must Be Kicking Themselves For Not Going After Shaq...

The question is will he be playing 15 to 25 minutes in the playoffs.  I think it is very much in doubt at this moment. Shaq can't stay healthy it appears.

I agree if he does this team will win the title with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The other teams are probably questioning whether Shaq will be of value giving his "attendance record" this year and last.  So far, he plays well when he's here but he's missed half the darn season!   If he's back playing like the first month of the season, we look unbeatable.  But, he may be "injured, again" come playoff time given his history of late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think it may be more of conserving him. He will play

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If we can rotate Perk, Shaq, and JO thru the playoffs, we'll be just fine.  Remember, Shaq was playing mucho minutes when we didn't have Perk or JO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

remember Doc said, "if this was a playoff series, we could play shaq." but its not. soo hes chilling. i personally think this is good bc he doesnt have alot of miles on his legs this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Especially veteran contenders like Chicago, Miami, Lakers, and the Dallas Mavericks must be kicking themselves for not trying hire to get Shaq to sign with them.

Rest assured the Lakers don't care about Shaq and certainly aren't kicking themselves over not signing him. He's old news and it would never have worked with him back in Lakerland. However, I do acknowledge he has been a great Laker and led us to a glorious 3-peat at the beginning of the new millenium. For that, he has my respect.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Shaqs been great for us for the most part. Hes had some bad stretches that were noticeable mainly b/c he started the season so good.

Doc says Shaq has dropped some weight during his down time, thats real good news. Shaqs availability makes us so much better, I dont think anyone can beat us

Shaq will apparently be coming off the bench. HEs  easily our best low post threat and draws tons of fouls.  His 15-20 mins is huge... and he also annihilates anyone driving the lane near him. That'll make many players think twice b4 coming back.

Shaq also frees up BBD to play PF. Hes been so effective there but has had to play so much at center cause of all the injuries.

Do I think some of those teams you mentioned wish they signed Shaq preseason? Yes.. even the Lakers, who will regret Boston having Shaq if they meet in the finals.  How tough in the middle would the Lakers be with Shaq? You remember how they owned the paint in the finals last year? Think of SHaq, Lamar, Bynum & Gasol  vs Perk, Semi & possibly JON.... We would get slaughtered again in the middle.

But if we have a full lineup, the Lakers not only lose, but will get owned down low

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Shaq has been amazing this year for us exceeded my expectations for sure.

Shaq come playoff time will likely be what we have seen this season as last year I really liked what I saw out of him with the Cavs against us as he really was only one of the only guys playing and he was benched in the fourth.

He will do great for us when Perk and KG are on the bench. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Contenders Must Be Kicking Themselves For Not Going After Shaq...:
    [QUOTE]Shaq has been amazing this year for us exceeded my expectations for sure. Shaq come playoff time will likely be what we have seen this season as last year I really liked what I saw out of him with the Cavs against us as he really was only one of the only guys playing and he was benched in the fourth. He will do great for us when Perk and KG are on the bench. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Shaq has been a great addition to the Celtics this year.   From what I remember Shaq really wanted to join the Celtics, not that other teams didn't try to sign him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

it seems a coincidence that shaq played big minutes until perk came back, and now he's indefinitely injured and home visiting family.  Seems like the big consultant is off duty for a while.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I do believe Shaq once made the comment, "I would have signed for nothing". He also indicated he went to Doc or Danny, not the other way around. THIS is a player you want on your team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Contenders Must Be Kicking Themselves For Not Going After Shaq...:
    [QUOTE]I think it may be more of conserving him. He will play
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

ditto

no need to tough it out and exacerbate injuries in the regular season when you're already winning more than 70% of your games with or without him.