CONTRARIAN VIEW: DIRK NOW AHEAD OF KG AND CLOSER TO BIRD! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CONTRARIAN VIEW: DIRK NOW AHEAD OF KG AND CLOSER TO BIRD! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

sorry but the fat lady is done clearing that lump in her throat. she's called it. its just a formality at this point. mavs will be playing the heat. bron vs dirk. i dont see what either okc or the bulls can do to change their fate. heat will win their next game. heat may win game 5 but they will be closed out in game 6. same with okc. teams that lose game 3 at home lose the series almost 75% of the time. its pivotal. they may win game 4 but will likey get closed out in the 2 games after that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD

In Response to MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]sorry but fat lady is clearing that lump in her throat. she's ready to call it. its just a formality at this point. mavs will be playing the heat. bron vs dirk. i dont see what either okc or the bulls can do to change their fate. heat will win their next game. heat may win game 5 but they will be closed out in game 6. same with okc. teams that lose game 3 at home lose the series almost 75% of the time. its pivotal. they may win game 4 but will likey get closed out in the 2 games after that. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Your probably right, but I really don't want to see Miami get to the NBA finals this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]sorry but fat lady is clearing that lump in her throat. she's ready to call it. its just a formality at this point. mavs will be playing the heat. bron vs dirk. i dont see what either okc or the bulls can do to change their fate. heat will win their next game. heat may win game 5 but they will be closed out in game 6. same with okc. teams that lose game 3 at home lose the series almost 75% of the time. its pivotal. they may win game 4 but will likey get closed out in the 2 games after that. when wade and bron have subpar games and boozer shows up the bulls have to win those games. no way will wade and james be off in game 4. thats almost a guaranteed loss for the bulls. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

any doubt on how all this is going to end up? was thinking 6-7 games in mavs and bulls series, now can see both closing out their chumps in 5, perhaps 6. certainly i do not forsee any sevens. i can see okc putting up some resistance right thru the first quarter and perhaps first half. but i see them getting BLOWED out (magic reference) and losing by 20 -30 by the end of the day as perky growls and scowls on the bench for most of it. as for the bull, i dont see how they recover. will be a much closer game but i can see lebron finally hitting the winning shot with 2 seconds left as there is no pressure on him or his team. all house money. no way the bulls have even a prayer in a game 6 back in miami if they somehow win... get ready for the dirk-bron threads and the heat-mavs redux ones. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I think you are right about Mavs vs Heat in the finals.  I believe that Dallas is a better team than the last time these two teams faced each other in the finals a few years ago. Of course, Miami is also a better team, just not sure that Miami has anyone that can defend Dirk.   I expect it to be a close series and I really want to see Dallas win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]I think you are right about Mavs vs Heat in the finals.  I believe that Dallas is a better team than the last time these two teams faced each other in the finals a few years ago. Of course, Miami is also a better team, just not sure that Miami has anyone that can defend Dirk.   I expect it to be a close series and I really want to see Dallas win. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I hope Dallas will win as well. They've been playing great basketball, the effort today was brilliant.

Really hope that Chicago will win game five and at least take their series to six games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'll be rooting for the Mavs............and the Canucks!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be rooting for the Mavs............and the Canucks!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the Boston Bruins have a chance of getting to the Stanley Cup finals this year.  I definitely would want them to win if they make it to the Stanley Cup finals.  They haven't won since 1972.  If not, I imagine that most NHL fans would want to see Vancouver win. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i hope the mavs win, but the heat are playing well and have home court. it'll make me sick if they win though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The Biggest problem for the Mavs is Wade IMO. He is as crafty as Kidd but much faster. Kidd is a heck of a defender but also 38! They have to use Stevenson on Wade but Stevenson is a horrible offensive player. Will be interesting to see if "crab dribble " James defends Dirk a bit. James transformed himself in the best perimeter defender since Pippen.
    Biggest problem of Miami will be to defend the size of the Mavs frontcourt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The Biggest problem for the Mavs is Wade IMO. He is as crafty as Kidd but much faster. Kidd is a heck of a defender but also 38! They have to use Stevenson on Wade but Stevenson is a horrible offensive player. Will be interesting to see if "crab dribble " James defends Dirk a bit. James transformed himself in the best perimeter defender since Pippen. Biggest problem of Miami will be to defend the size of the Mavs frontcourt.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]
    haslem was on dirk in 06 like white on rice...and with how haslem has played so far in the bulls series, i see him being more than able to guard dirk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well,
    at first: the frontcourt of the mavs has two more 7 footers and Marion is also a crafty guy. Secondly, in my opinion Dirk is better today than in 2006.

I like the energy of haslem but I don't think he has enough breath after his long injury to guard Dirk in longer stretches. I don't think he is better than the Collison/Ibaka duo defensivly anyway. And Dirk killed them big time.

But Dallas needs more than Dirk and I see a hard time for Terry against Wade, Chalmers and James (if neccesary).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD : haslem was on dirk in 06 like white on rice...and with how haslem has played so far in the bulls series, i see him being more than able to guard dirk
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]that was 2006. dirk is much more aggressive right mow. he can haslem to the hole at will and get him in foul trouble. bron can match his footspeed but dirk can shoot over jim at will and even post him up. dirk will get his 30 per game regardless of what they do. who will cover jeason terry and borea? plus the mavs have 2 trees in middle that can actually move. thats the problem heat will have. if they go inside to tyson or just in the fight for rebounds, who do they have? erick dampier will have to play a lot. big z will be useless again defensively anyways. 

mavs will dominate the boards. joel anthony wont get his. chris bosh again will have to average 25 to give them their best shot as he and dirk go at each other most of the time. bron will get his as will wade. the big 3 should all go off but mistly from the perimeter. mavs have proven they can do it in the last 30 seconds or so. i think the heat's closing issues will surface again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think you are reaching communist

the heat play the best defense of anyone left in the playoffs

they will be ready for the mavs and have home court

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD : that was 2006. dirk is much more aggressive right mow. he can haslem to the hole at will and get him in foul trouble. bron can match his footspeed but dirk can shoot over jim at will and even post him up. dirk will get his 30 per game regardless of what they do. who will cover jeason terry and borea? plus the mavs have 2 trees in middle that can actually move. thats the problem heat will have. if they go inside to tyson or just in the fight for rebounds, who do they have? erick dampier will have to play a lot. big z will be useless again defensively anyways.  mavs will dominate the boards. joel anthony wont get his. chris bosh again will have to average 25 to give them their best shot as he and dirk go at each other most of the time. bron will get his as will wade. the big 3 should all go off but mistly from the perimeter. mavs have proven they can do it in the last 30 seconds or so. i think the heat's closing issues will surface again!

We are about to find out size really does matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT PRE-SERIES THREAD : We are about to find out size really does matter.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]oh myyyy. i've always believed bigger is better and gets to the hole better. bigger is also able to drop a bigger load in the hole to penetrate defenses ... and to stop invaders from leaking out! since dallas has BIGGER men, i pick dallas! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

here we go folks. changing my mind again BIG TIME! miami just won the series. they have the home court edge. they are the better defensive team and just played a better defensive team in chicago than is okc. the best superstar in this series is bron NOT dirk. wade is now the clear scottie pippen. bron is now the michael jordan of the nba. this series now reminds me of the old bulls vs guys like karl malone and gary payton. great players but not mj! in the last 2 minutes, bron will be directly on dirk. frankly i think he can make his life more difficult than anyone including his old nemesis in haslem. there is noone on the mavs that can stop the force of this lebron. not marion, not brewer..NOONE! this series will be 2-0 miami going back to dallas. will go sis, but the heat is just too hot. 

also the only 2 guys in this series with rings are wade and haslem! big advantage. they will be plaing major minutes with pat riley with his 5 or 6 rings lurking nearby. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD

Unfortunately, I don't think the Mavs got a chance in this series.  The HEAT will continue to go to the LINE 30+ times a game and Dallas will 'all of a sudden' become an ordinary team here.  (Just like Chicago did)...

Now, this isn't 'sour grapes' Anymore- because MY home team (Celtics!) didn't play in the LAST 'series' (mia/chicago did)  and I'm STILL going to complain about the OFFICIALS / NBA / STERN !  They are a complete JOKE! 

The NBA "Where Corruption" Happens!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, I don't think the Mavs got a chance in this series.  The HEAT will continue to go to the LINE 30+ times a game and Dallas will 'all of a sudden' become an ordinary team here.  (Just like Chicago did)... Now, this isn't 'sour grapes' Anymore- because MY home team (Celtics!) didn't play in the LAST 'series' (mia/chicago did)  and I'm STILL going to complain about the OFFICIALS / NBA / STERN !  They are a complete JOKE!  The NBA "Where Corruption" Happens!
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  The officials can influence the outcome of NBA games and definitely may be the deciding factor in who wins the championship this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

For Wade, it was a redemptive turn after a grueling and draining series.

"I got to get these legs back," Wade said to James as he was dressing an hour or so after their heroics.

"Your legs went on vacation with Ray Allen," James responded with a smile.

When Wade and James finally left the locker room, the last two players out after their icing and highlight watching and laughter in the showers, there was finally a little time for perspective.

hate the Heat

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, I don't think the Mavs got a chance in this series.  The HEAT will continue to go to the LINE 30+ times a game and Dallas will 'all of a sudden' become an ordinary team here.  (Just like Chicago did)... Now, this isn't 'sour grapes' Anymore- because MY home team (Celtics!) didn't play in the LAST 'series' (mia/chicago did)  and I'm STILL going to complain about the OFFICIALS / NBA / STERN !  They are a complete JOKE!  The NBA "Where Corruption" Happens!
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]
    dirk reminds me a lot of karl malone when he lost twice to jordan. he is great but just not great enough. the top 3 players in the league at this time are in this series with lebron first, dirk second and wade third. so two of the top3 are with heat. add it bosh, you have 3 of the top 20. all things being equal, go with the team with the best superstar! heat have 2. this may be a sweep! i can see the heat doing it, i dont see the mavs seeping them!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

y'all ready for the series that will mark the beginning of the new nba GOAT? watching now, mavs may get blowed out in FOUR! Cant rebound, stop the heat from fast breaking. this team wont be denied.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If Dallas can win a couple of games in Miami, they still have a chance in this series.  Their bench wasn't very good last night and that is one of the reasons that they lost.  I hope that their bench can be better going forward in this series and I still give them a chance. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

also the only 2 guys in this series with rings are wade and haslem! big advantage.

Don't forget Eddie House who won a ring with us in '08! (I know, I know, he barely even plays).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This series is OVA!  Miami is just too good and too athletic for Dallas.  I HATE Miami.  I want Dallas to win this series but realistically, I don't see that happening.

Dirk is going to have to work overtime to get his points.  I said before that he isn't dropping 40 on Miami like he did against OKC.  Everyone talks about all the perimeter shooters for Dallas and their bench led by Jason Terry.  All of that works perfectly when Dirk is able to get into a flow and find the open shooters AND the shooters HAVE TO BE OPEN.  Miami CLOSES OUT so quickly on shooters.  Even when Dallas had open looks, Miami got out so quickly that the Dallas shooters had to take quick shots and contested shots.

And defensively, Dallas just can't stay with Miami.  When Lebron can dribble down court, make a fake left go right move against Marion and explode to the rim for a dunk AND ONE, there is no defense for that.  Later Wade got a rebound and split 2 Mavericks and sprinted past another for an assist on a Bosh dunk.  That's something Dallas just cannot contend with.  You cannot defend that!

Miami is an animal that Dallas has not faced in the playoffs and it shows.  Miami was on another level last night.  And honestly, with Dirk not 100%, I really don't know how Dallas will come out tomorrow.

Again, I hate Miami and want Dallas to win.  However, Miami looks way too good for Dallas.