CONTRARIAN VIEW: DIRK NOW AHEAD OF KG AND CLOSER TO BIRD! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD

In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : hehe I'm just glad the Mavs won games 4 and 5. The perfect and necessary result for them. Just hope they go onto win this thing now. I know they can lose twice but really they should get that sort of thinking out of their heads. Win it in six guys. Hopefully The Canucks can win game 5.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Numbers being used by you lmao.

" Kareem won 3 championships......." RUWorthy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : hehe I'm just glad the Mavs won games 4 and 5. The perfect and necessary result for them. Just hope they go onto win this thing now. I know they can lose twice but really they should get that sort of thinking out of their heads. Win it in six guys. Hopefully The Canucks can win game 5.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]dont forget this old hat to the mavs-heat. last time mavs were up 3-1 and of course 3-2 before getting their a-s-s kicked! the same scenario could repeat itself! esp since they now go back to MIAMI!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : Yeah...Mavs were up 3-1 against the Heat the last time in the finals. Magically the Heat somehow won in 6 !!!!! They are so good they changed the rules of mathematics in that series.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]ok, wise guy. i went back in time and ur right. mavs were up 2-0, heat came back to win 4 straight. y cant the heat win two straight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"mj could get his against anyone at anytime, thats not bron" 

really?

Hmm just a few days ago we were reading from you how Lebron would finish his career ahead of MJ. Amazing how that post already seems even crazier than it did at the time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]As I said yesterday, Dallas is going to win this series. Guaranteed.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I really hope that you are right.  They have a good chance of winning it after winning last night.  It would be great to see them win the next game.  It is unfortunate that they couldn't win all of their home games.  They wouldn't be going back to Miami if that had happened. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Will be interesting to see how the refs deal with game 6... Great time to give LeNBAMarketingPosterboy lots of benefit of doubt and force a game 7.. vaulting Lebron into immortality.  All good business

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : Any chance you'd like to revisit this post Petey? It's starting to sound like you were talking about your daddy's Chrysler rather than the Mavs and MVP Nowitzski ... Just saying.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    Mployee8, I still believe Miami is going to win the next two at home.  A year ago, I was prematurely brimming with confidence to my Lakers friends after we went up 3 games to 2 heading back to LA.  We know how that ended (injury or no injury).  Bottom line is I learned from Celtsfan4life and others NOT to take one game and suggest I know how the series will turn out.

Like I said in the beginning I believe Miami will win the series.  Considering how they've blown some 4th quarters, this series could easily be over.   However it is not.  I think we'll see a different Miami team at home and with some home-cooking from the refs, I think the outcome will be different.

As much as I want Dallas to win because I despise Miami, I think Miami is still going to win.  I guess we'll know for sure next week, ey.

So, to answer your question, I DO NOT want to revisit and/or recant my earlier post. Go Mavs....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]" mj could get his against anyone at anytime, thats not bron"  really? Hmm just a few days ago we were reading from you how Lebron would finish his career ahead of MJ. Amazing how that post already seems even crazier than it did at the time. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE] no doubt bron will ULTIMATELY be better but at this time, no doubt bon has a ways to go. his clutch instincts are not there, ditto with his maturity. bron's personality still makes a bit hard on him. he brings a lot of the hatred on himself. i'm not a heat fan, i just call it as i see it. dallas is certainly a more likeable team and the nba will be better if the heat lose and we can all spend another year taunting bron and the heat. bron needs another year or 2. his performances in the fourth have been lacking and certainly isnt up to mj standards at this point. 11 point in 5 fourth quarters simply cant cut it. i think it is what james is at this point. seems too content to be a facilitator as opposed to the finisher. he isnt going to change at this point.  like shaq with free throws. dallas is the BETTER team at this point! reality changes....

BRON has played more minutes than anyone in the HISTORY of the finals. doing that with the celtics or bulls is one thing where you only have 1 or 2 guys to worry about from the perimeter and only a few plays to focus on. mavs throw everthing and everyone out there. heat have beeen out-coached, out-teamed, out-starred and outplayed in the clutch. saw an interesting stat. with 2 or more days rest, miami is shutting down the mavs. with just one day rest, mavs are shooting around 58%. i see heat winning game 6 based on the extra rest and homecourt but game 7 is a toss-up at best at this point. will be close getting into the midpoint of the 4th but.... we'll see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : no doubt bron will ULTIMATELY be better but at this time, no doubt bon has a ways to go. Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wow, seems you can read the future.
    James has the talent to be one of the alltime greats. If he ever will be, no one knows. He is only one head case and some post moves away from beeing Jordan. But he is also one injury shy of beeing Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Close game so far.  I really hope that Dallas wins tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : Wow, seems you can read the future. James has the talent to be one of the alltime greats. If he ever will be, no one knows. He is only one head case and some post moves away from beeing Jordan. But he is also one injury shy of beeing Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think he does, or if he does, it has never been developed. He could have really used a couple of years in college under a coach who teaches solid fundamentals. Now, he's such a huge whirlwind, he's uncoachable, especially for someone like Spoelstra. I have never seen a so-called superstar put up such a lame effort in a must-have game. He suxxx tonight, and I'm glad to see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Go Dallas!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

ALL RIGHT MAVS!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad for Dirk ... should clinch first ballot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Woohoo!!! Mavericks win!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dallas won !    I am so glad that they won the championship this year. To everyone that said that Miami would win the next two games in Miami.  I am happy that you were all wrong.   Dallas was a great team this year and I am not surprised that they won the championship.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

It looked like Bosh was crying again on the way to the locker room

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : Wow, seems you can read the future. James has the talent to be one of the alltime greats. If he ever will be, no one knows. He is only one head case and some post moves away from beeing Jordan. But he is also one injury shy of beeing Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]noone in their right man thought miami was going to win this year. too bad my celts couldnt have beaten them. guess that was miami's main goal and highlight. this will maje them stronger and get james to refine his hgame. no doubt james will be better next year and the heat will restock. as i said, james will ULTIMATELY be better, he clearly isnt there. again, at this age, mj wasnt winning rings either. james is further along than mj at this stage. i think ONLY the celts can stop the heat the next 2 years depending how we rebuild. heat showed a lot of vulnerability and inability to close. its a copycat league and teams will copy this all next year and rebuild to duplicate it. 

we will see a more resolute but very HUMBLEd heat team next year. i wonder who is celebrating more, dallas or cleveland?

susan, so happy for your MAVS! the nba could not have asked fo better champs, the good guys won!  CONGRATS! hope this doesnt play out the same way tomorrrow for my bruins. they should at least lose in vancouver, make them earn it at home!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

This would be extremely bad for James and company. James must really be in a very bad place right now. Especially after all the off season shenanigans, now being comprehensively beaten by the Mavericks. I'd rather Miami never got this close to a title. But I'll live with them losing in game 6 on their home floor.

Hopefully the friction between Wade and James will now come to the surface and cause a number of problems for the team. Chicago will have also hopefully learned from their loss to Miami and work out what they need to do to beat them in future seasons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]This would be extremely bad for James and company. James must really be in a very bad place right now. Especially after all the off season shenanigans, now being comprehensively beaten by the Mavericks. I'd rather Miami never got this close to a title. But I'll live with them losing in game 6 on their home floor. Hopefully the friction between Wade and James will now come to the surface and cause a number of problems for the team. Chicago will have also hopefully learned from their loss to Miami and work out what they need to do to beat them in future seasons.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to see Chicago make it to the NBA finals next year instead of Miami. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN VIEW: MAVS WIN! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

About a year ago when the wall st. financiers were continuing to maipulate the stock market at will and then refusing to tell Congress what they did with our TARP taxpayer giveaways, everyone was concentrated on Le Bron James!  Then Le Bron said he was going to South Beach to get not 1, not 2, not 6, but more NBA rings.  Well, please let me know when you get the 1st ring....no don't bother, who cares.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MAVS VS HEAT SERIES THREAD : As I predicted....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]take a bow my friend take a bow! you too susan! but i dont want chicago or miami in next year, i believe this opens things up for the CELTS. had shaq been healthy, no doubt we are in the finals. this is a devastating loss for the heat. 

so sad looking at them beggging eddie house to bail them out when neither bron or the overrated turnover prone couldnt play his pippen role WADE couldnt put them over the hump.where was eddie all series? why was old man bibby the baby in the games and still starting? eddie has no conscious and should have been the starter after game 2. also eric dampier or even big z should have been out there. they needed height in the middle. they were far worse than the celts esp in the clutch.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN VIEW: DIRK NOW AHEAD OF KG AND CLOSER TO BIRD! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

Are you kidding about the Bulls what about the Celtics?  If this Mavs proved anything it is that the Celtics can re-tool and beat the Heat or the Mavs or anyone else next year.

We with Rondo playing with one arm and BBD choking had the heat down in games 4 and 5 in the fourth quarter. Get to work Danny and show your 2008 stuff!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN VIEW: DIRK NOW AHEAD OF KG AND CLOSER TO BIRD! LEBRON NOT QUITE MJ YET!

time to give dirk his props. he is now in the top 15 of all time players knocking kg out. lets see, in my top 20: mj, chamberlain, jabbar, hakeem, shaq, russell, kobe, magic, bird, jerry west, tim duncan, oscar robinson, moses malone, david robinson, dirk, kg, dr. j, paul pierce, havlicek, scottie pippen