Could Faverani hit these numbers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Could Faverani hit these numbers?

Here’s what a starting NBA center looks like statistically:

- he scores at 11.28 PPG. That would be Robin Lopez.

- he rebounds at 7.75 RPG. That would be Pau Gasol.

- he blocks shots at 1.3 BPG. That would be Jonas Valanciunas.

The composite center, Mr. Average, would be Spencer Hawes at 11 PPG, 7.2 RPG, and 1.4 BPG.

Can Faverani, with starter's minutes, approximate those numbers?  

I think he can.

He's no one-trick pony, i.e., just a space-eating gorilla. He is legitimately 6'11" with good reach and timing. He has good hands and scoring touch inside and out. He makes his foul shots, He's a grown man and he looks unfazed by physical play. He has the basketball smarts to adapt to what lies ahead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Could Faverani hit these numbers?

Faverani is a good player.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

He plays all out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need to treat him as a go-to-guy. He's good in the fast break and half-court. We need to find out if he has the heart and skill to be leader on this team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need to treat him as a go-to-guy. He's good in the fast break and half-court. We need to find out if he has the heart and skill to be leader on this team.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'd like to see him average on the higher side of 20 mpg over the season. Hopefully he can overachieve on the blocks, because he will underachieve on the rebounds. I think 11 ppg would be a good mark, if its achieved efficiently. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

With his offensive skills, we need to see where he's at mentally. Can he become a Marc Gasol? We'll never know if we don't explore it.

So yes I am serious. Go-to-guy so that he prepares himself going into games to be ready to score in the paint and get assists.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I wonder if he has a hook like Vlade. Vlade used to fake hand offs and then roll to the hoop for slams or hook shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

10 pts. - 10 rbs a game would be awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

14 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks per game if he can stay healthy, he's a particularly good offensive rebounder... 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If he doesn't reach these numbers it's because they're not playing him enough or he is injured...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think as a rookie I would be satisfied with 8ppg-6rpg-1spg-1bpg-2apg-20mpg

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Faverani can play, but he plays so hard, I am afraid of him getting injured.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't you think there's a reason why a coach will not play him enough?

If he's really good, he's not going to get less than 25 minutes per game, that's for sure! 

Are you saying it will be the coach's fault if Fav doesn't live up to your expectations?

[/QUOTE]

I can't predict injuries...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

DaCeltics definitely has the right idea.

Faverani should be given the chance to be both a go-to inside scorer and a leader.

It's not like leaders are exactly jumping out of the woodwork here, i.e., Green, Bass, Bradley, yikes!

Faverani's animation, offensive imagination, and defensive energy alone should qualify him in this group.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Thank you Wicks!

In a short time, Faverani has proven to be our most skilled and versatile bigman. Now lets see if has the best mindset as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Fav could post good numbers A.  If he played on a settled good team B. If his back holds up  C.  If he get signifant minutes with guys playing team ball.   Fav and KO  play the team game and will appear to disappear at times but they will be making contributions different ways.  If the Celtics could come up with a 2 that has the ability to score and hit a high percentage, you would be suprised how this team would change.  Bradley , who likes to shoot, Lee, who can not shoot, Crawford, who has lost his shot, and Green , who looks like a lost goose, all of these guys will need to improve a lot if we are to be competative.  By trade or miracle we need this guy on our team, Mr. X  a real 2.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'll call BS on Fierce.  Starting a whole new thread about Fav so he can make this one disappear, you didn't think I'd let that happen did you buddy?

You told me to wait until Fav played Valancious, well he just played him and had three blocks in 27 minutes.  Val scored 8 points and their next big Tyler Hansbrough had 7 points.  

Vitor can play defense, he can play offense, all he needs to learn is positioning to rebound in the NBA which has a lot more one on one play and "me first" shooting than Europe, so there would be some adjustment.

13 points/3 boards/3 blocks in 27 minutes...

So do you think this ^ is gong to get better or worse?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I noticed Fav sacrificing a few rebounds just to block out. When he gets stronger he will be able to block out AND  chase down the rebound. Good start. He does not seem afraid at all of anchoring an offense or defense.

I am very pleased. He has fire.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.