Could Faverani hit these numbers?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Could Faverani hit these numbers?

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After 10 games, Fav is averaging 6.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, and 1.4 bpg.

Legit NBA starting Center?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

And the last 5 games he's averaged what, 6-10 minutes a game, per 36 minutes he is one the best centers in the NBA. 

I'll be back here later in the season after the trades go down and I'll be laughing in your face, but you're so slow on the uptake you won't even know you've been schooled.  Considering we can fit your collective basketball knowledge on the head of a pin it's not surprising. 

Maybe you should head over to the basket weaving and stamp collecting page instead?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey wozzy, below is what you said on October 29.

posted at 10/29/2013 2:39 AM EDT

• wozzy
    • First: 3/26/2005
    • Last: 11/16/2013

14 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks per game if he can stay healthy, he's a particularly good offensive rebounder... 

[/QUOTE]

you 2 girls need to have a slumber party

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

And almost on cue, as if coach Stevens was reading this board yesterday, he plays Fav substantial minutes and he responds with 9 points (2-4 from three's) 14 boards (5 offensive) 3 steals and 4 blocks in under thirty minutes... meanwhile Omer Asik did not play (coaches decision) so by some posters black and white, clueless assumtions if you don't play many minutes you must not be a good player, so maybe Asik isn't as good as Fav after all.

On another thread he says a Bass/Fav trade for Asik could happen... LOL!  The Celtics wouldn't trade Fav for Asik straight up because Fav has a future as a starter, Asik on the other hand is a one dimensional role player who makes Kendrick Perkins look like an offensive machine!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Fav needs to bring back the braids!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Seriously, wozzy, it was only yesterday that you said the Brad Stevens is not giving Fav a lot of minutes because they already know what they have in Fav.

[QUOTE]

One thing we do know; Fav is not a "career backup," he plays defense very well, is already better than Asik and you know nothing about basketball that you haven't read already in slam magazine.  Period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

After 10 games, Fav is averaging 6.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, and 1.4 bpg.

Legit NBA starting Center?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Garnett NBA.com/Stats > Players > Kevin Garnett Nets 2 | Forward Brooklyn Nets
    •  
    •  
    •  

Current Season Stats PTSREBASTPIE 5.8 7.8 1.8 7.6%

And would you rather have this guy and his salary back at the center position?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

14 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks per game if he can stay healthy, he's a particularly good offensive rebounder... 

Told you not to expect too much from Fav.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

And almost on cue, as if coach Stevens was reading this board yesterday, he plays Fav substantial minutes and he responds with 9 points (2-4 from three's) 14 boards (5 offensive) 3 steals and 4 blocks in under thirty minutes... meanwhile Omer Asik did not play (coaches decision) so by some posters black and white, clueless assumtions if you don't play many minutes you must not be a good player, so maybe Asik isn't as good as Fav after all.

On another thread he says a Bass/Fav trade for Asik could happen... LOL!  The Celtics wouldn't trade Fav for Asik straight up because Fav has a future as a starter, Asik on the other hand is a one dimensional role player who makes Kendrick Perkins look like an offensive machine!

[/QUOTE]

This^

When the Celtics are within striking distance of a championship ring talentwise Fav will play.  Until then they are tanking and don't want him included in trade talks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

This^

When the Celtics are within striking distance of a championship ring talentwise Fav will play.  Until then they are tanking and don't want him included in trade talks.

Like I said, I don't mind you making yourself look like a total idiot.

Not a single sane Celtic fan will ever agree with that ridiculous post of yours.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Like I said, I don't mind you making yourself look like a total idiot.

Not a single sane Celtic fan will ever agree with that ridiculous post of yours.

Time will tell.  You certainly aren't an authority on sanity, or basketball for that matter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I have to say I have found the Fav saga to be confusing.  I have no clue in life why they haven't played him at 5 and let Sully slide over to 4.  I thought he had a couple of confusing stretches on the defensive end, but he can run and convert and set a pickand has a touch and he can grab some boards.  He never brings his hands down and he is on his toes around the offensive glass.  It can't POSSIBLY be worse than trying to make Sullinger and Humphries perform as centers, so there has to be some reason he is always riding the bench.

Why hasn't he been sent to development?  Why is he never mentioned for trades?

Maybe, just maybe, Danny Ainge knows a little more about NBA personnel than the BDC guys.  Love ya fellas but I'm gonna defer to Danny.  I do believe wozzy has a point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here’s what a starting NBA center looks like statistically:

- he scores at 11.28 PPG. That would be Robin Lopez.

- he rebounds at 7.75 RPG. That would be Pau Gasol.

- he blocks shots at 1.3 BPG. That would be Jonas Valanciunas.

The composite center, Mr. Average, would be Spencer Hawes at 11 PPG, 7.2 RPG, and 1.4 BPG.

Can Faverani, with starter's minutes, approximate those numbers?  

I think he can.

He's no one-trick pony, i.e., just a space-eating gorilla. He is legitimately 6'11" with good reach and timing. He has good hands and scoring touch inside and out. He makes his foul shots, He's a grown man and he looks unfazed by physical play. He has the basketball smarts to adapt to what lies ahead.

[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that these numbers are per-40 min?

FYI, per-36 min, Vitor is averaging 5.8 PF. That means he's likely to foul out if he had to play 40min in a game.

Moreover, his total rebound rate is a pedestrian 14.6%. TRB% is the estimate of available rebounds a player grabbed while he was on the floor and has nothing to do with minutes. Pau Gasol's TRB% is 16.5 and he's 33.

2013-14 Advance Stats...

TRB%

• Vitor: 14.6
    • Lopez: 14.6
    • Gasol: 16.5
    • Valanciunas: 16.7

ORtg - Offensive Rating: An estimate of points produced (player) or scored (team) per 100 possessions

• Vitor: 93
    • Lopez: 125
    • Gasol: 98 (career low)
    • Valanciunas: 110

DRtg - Defensive Rating: An estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions

• Vitor: 102
    • Lopez: 107
    • Gasol: 106
    • Valanciunas: 102

PER - Player Efficiency Rating: a measure of per-minute production (15.0 is NBA average)

• Vitor: 11.5
    • Lopez: 16.7
    • Gasol: 17.6
    • Valanciunas: 14.4

BLK% - Block Percentage: an estimate of the percentage of an opponent, 2-point FG attempts block by the player while he was on the floor.

• Vitor: 4.5
    • Lopez: 3.2 (career low)
    • Gasol: 3.3
    • Valanciunas: 2.9

Lopez was never a good rebounder, but is better on the offensive boards than Vitor and is a far more productive overall, as PER indicates.

Among the the players mentioned Vitor leads in BLK%, but is tied with Valanciunas for 4th in Defensive Rating.

Vitor's rebounding numbers are skewed by his opening game performance vs the Bucks (18 rebounds). He's only reached double digits in rebounds only once since.

Conclusion: Vitor is a backup. Nothing more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Time will tell.  You certainly aren't an authority on sanity, or basketball for that matter.

When it comes to basketball, I'm way ahead of you.

Before the season started, you told all of us here that Pressey will start in place of Rondo when the Celts open the season at Toronto.

You said Chris Babb will make the Celtics roster.

And you said Fav is already a LEGIT STARTING NBA CENTER.

Right now you're 0-3.

You could've at least waited a few games to see how Fav plays in the regular season.

But you opted to make a bold prediction.

Right now you're looking like a total idiot.

You have yourself to blame for that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Vitor's rebounding numbers are skewed by his opening game performance vs the Bucks (18 rebounds). He's only reached double digits in rebounds only once since.

Conclusion: Vitor is a backup. Nothing more.

But wozzy will tell you that the Celts are hiding Fav because Danny Ainge is afraid that teams will ask for Fav in a trade.

HAHAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to say I have found the Fav saga to be confusing.  I have no clue in life why they haven't played him at 5 and let Sully slide over to 4.  I thought he had a couple of confusing stretches on the defensive end, but he can run and convert and set a pickand has a touch and he can grab some boards.  He never brings his hands down and he is on his toes around the offensive glass.  It can't POSSIBLY be worse than trying to make Sullinger and Humphries perform as centers, so there has to be some reason he is always riding the bench.

Why hasn't he been sent to development?  Why is he never mentioned for trades?

Maybe, just maybe, Danny Ainge knows a little more about NBA personnel than the BDC guys.  Love ya fellas but I'm gonna defer to Danny.  I do believe wozzy has a point.

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I don't believe FAV is a career backup , give him 28-30 minutes and he easily meets the "Mr Average" numbers originally posted by WicksAndRowe (good thread !) , something not even Perk ever accomplished for more than 2 weeks in his whole career

I also think Stevens has been holding FAV back to showcase Hump, Bass, Wallace for trade , just not enough minutes for everyone.

AND ONE MORE TIME: NO TALK, NO CONSIDERATION OF ANY ROOKIE INVOLVED IN ANY TRADE ! NO TRADE TALK W/ OLYNYK OR FAV, OR PRESSEY AS  PROHIBITED BY CLUB POLICY !

NOW LET'S  SEE THESE YOUNG BUCKS WITH RONDO !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Some of you guys need to actually watch the games.

Every time Fav comes in, he only does 3 things, it's either he commits a foul, jacks up a 3, or let's his man score easily.

Dwight Howard scored 8 points on Fav in the 3rd qtr of that Rockets game.

Right now Fav is just like Marshon Brooks, good offensively but horrible on defense.

Some of us here on BDC actually know that already.