Could Faverani hit these numbers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Could Faverani hit these numbers?

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey FIERCY .... Lookey here, your boy Fosberg agrees with Wozzy ... He thinks Fav is a keeper despite his poor grade and once the trade deadline is over Fav will get plenty of minutes to improve his game .... Hahaha, could FIERCY be WRONG AGAIN????? HAHAHA!!!!

ON THE BUS

These players appear to be part of Boston's long-term future given their performance, age and contract status:

Vitor Faverani: His 12-point, 18-rebound, 6-block effort in Boston's home opener seems another lifetime ago. Faverani started fast and came screaming back to earth. Boston's crowded frontcourt and his own inconsistent defense have limited his playing time. The deadline could open up a greater opportunity for the 25-year-old Brazilian big man, who might just need more minutes to find his way again. The Celtics have him under their control at low money ($2.1 million next season) moving forward. [First-half grade: C-]

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/10324386/grading-boston-celtics-midseason

FIERCY couldn't be more wrong than anybody on the BDC Boards the last ten years ... This story blows out his Oly is Dirk, Sully & Oly will not be traded (C's for many yrs to come???) and Tankapalooza player dump in favor of a team full of draftees.

Like I said ... Always bet against FIERCY predictions ... Money in the Bank!!!

[/QUOTE] You forgot to highlight this part "Boston's crowded frontcourt and his own inconsistent defense have limited his playing time. " which is what Fierce has been saying. Fav needs to play defense or he won't be a full time NBA player. so far not even on a tanking team headed for the lottery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey FIERCY .... Lookey here, your boy Fosberg agrees with Wozzy ... He thinks Fav is a keeper despite his poor grade and once the trade deadline is over Fav will get plenty of minutes to improve his game .... Hahaha, could FIERCY be WRONG AGAIN????? HAHAHA!!!!

ON THE BUS

These players appear to be part of Boston's long-term future given their performance, age and contract status:

Vitor Faverani: His 12-point, 18-rebound, 6-block effort in Boston's home opener seems another lifetime ago. Faverani started fast and came screaming back to earth. Boston's crowded frontcourt and his own inconsistent defense have limited his playing time. The deadline could open up a greater opportunity for the 25-year-old Brazilian big man, who might just need more minutes to find his way again. The Celtics have him under their control at low money ($2.1 million next season) moving forward. [First-half grade: C-]

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/10324386/grading-boston-celtics-midseason

FIERCY couldn't be more wrong than anybody on the BDC Boards the last ten years ... This story blows out his Oly is Dirk, Sully & Oly will not be traded (C's for many yrs to come???) and Tankapalooza player dump in favor of a team full of draftees.

Like I said ... Always bet against FIERCY predictions ... Money in the Bank!!!

[/QUOTE] You forgot to highlight this part "Boston's crowded frontcourt and his own inconsistent defense have limited his playing time. " which is what Fierce has been saying. Fav needs to play defense or he won't be a full time NBA player. so far not even on a tanking team headed for the lottery.

[/QUOTE]

I've always agreed with him on that as well as the fact that Fav is more suited in a back-up role than a starter. Thing is, he's been roasting wozzy over wozzy's comment about the possibility that Ainge has been "hiding" Fav on the bench to avoid having other teams take an interest in him.

That may or may not be the case but if indeed the C's intend to keep Fav off the tradeable list then what wozzy was arguing has more credence today. The C's were either keeping him on ice or just didn't have the minutes available for Hump, Bass, Sully, Oly and Fav. Sure, Oly & Sully are more important as far as development goes than Fav. And Bass & Hump needed to be showcased if we're gonna get something for them in trades, but since they weren't interested in their win-loss record (the more losses they get/got the better their chances in the lottery)  then not finding minutes for Fav's development raises questions.

Why couldn't he be sent to D-League? Is he so bad that it would be embarrassing to the team and/or the player causing him a setback in his intro to the NBA or even his self confidence? I don't know but any way you cut it, if Forsberg is right then wozzy has something to crow about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

You forgot to highlight this part "Boston's crowded frontcourt and his own inconsistent defense have limited his playing time. " which is what Fierce has been saying. Fav needs to play defense or he won't be a full time NBA player. so far not even on a tanking team headed for the lottery.

Defense has always been a way for observers to make assumptions on why Fav isn't playing, odd considering he is our best blocker, was only averaging two fouls a game as a starter and plays great team defense.  It's easy because defense isn't easy to quantify.  The reality is that ALL of our bigs suffered the moment they put Jordan Crawford at point in place of Avery Bradley.  

When Bradley started the season at point guard there we were ranked 2nd in the entire NBA in defense, this was also when Fav was starting.

As soon as they put Crawford into the lineup and he started allowing opposing point guards to blow by him and otherwise destroy him outside the three point line, that's when our interior defense had to start making up for this weakness and try to defend not only their own man but the penetrating guard as well.  We may have scored a little more but our defense fell apart.

Easy buckets, easy assists...  Bradley can defend but can't create, Crawford could create some but couldn't defend.  After starting the season as the best defense in the NBA, Bradley and Fav, we now give up the fourth most free throws in the NBA.  

Veteran players like Hump and Bass will just concede an easy basket, young players like Oly, Sully and Fav will foul attempting to stop every basket, that's why they're rookies.

As soon as Rondo gets back to playing (defending) shape, this team will improve at keeping players in front of them and not blowing by them.  As soon as they move Bass and Hump, Fav will be our starting center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

It's very clear that Brad Stevens doesn't play players who don't play defense.

Marshon Brooks and Vitor Faverani are proof of that.

Joel Anthony was even ahead of Fav on the depth chart against Miami last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Money in the bank?

Below is an example of how a big a fool Mployee is.

Re: Celtics vs. Heat

posted at 1/21/2014 8:48 PM EST

• Mployee8
    • First: 7/8/2008
    • Last: 1/22/2014

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Duh??? Are you riding the Schort Bus or what?

We got Johnson cuz we were short-handed and now we're short-handed again!  Hello Chris Babb!!!   HAHAHA!!!

Re: Celtics vs. Heat

posted at 1/21/2014 9:41 PM EST

• Mployee8
    • First: 7/8/2008

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/1/21/5333004/celtics-will-sign-vander-blue-from-d-league-to-10-day-contract 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

It's very clear that Brad Stevens doesn't play players who don't play defense.

Marshon Brooks and Vitor Faverani are proof of that.

Joel Anthony was even ahead of Fav on the depth chart against Miami last night.

[/QUOTE]

Burp

You're hands down the worst basketball analyst on this board.  You recycle whatever you read in Slam magazine and pass it off as your own, you flip flop like a fish on dry land.  You wouldn't know good basketball if it hit you in the head on a rocket pass by Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

8:48pm Mployee says hello to Chris Babb because he thinks Babb will be signed by the Celts.

9:41pm Mployee shows a thread about the Celtics signing Vander Blue.

Mployee

Every time you went against me, your bank always end up getting robbed.

You didn't believe me that Babb is not that good, right?

43 games into the season and Babb is still not a Celtic.

You also don't agree with me and the Tankapaloozis that this is a tanking season.

Look at the Celtic roster right now.

It's a mess!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Burp

You're hands down the worst basketball analyst on this board.  You recycle whatever you read in Slam magazine and pass it off as your own, you flip flop like a fish on dry land.  You wouldn't know good basketball if it hit you in the head on a rocket pass by Rondo.

wozzy, the evidence does not lie.

Brad Stevens didn't play Vitor last night, right?

Just like Marshon Brooks, Fav is not playing anymore because he's very bad on defense.

I mean the Celts are clearly a lottery team and Fav can't even be part of the rotation.

Besides, why blame me when it was you who kept bragging about how Fav is already a legit starting Center in the NBA.

You have yourself to blame for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Stop repeating yourself, you can repeat the sky is red a thousand times, it doesn't make it true.

Refute the facts in my post above or go take a flying f

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

With Bradley and Fav starting we were the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA, Fav was averaging less than three fouls a game as a starter.  

Those are what is commonly referred to as facts, learn the game...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Stop repeating yourself, you can repeat the sky is red a thousand times, it doesn't make it true.

Refute the facts in my post above or go take a flying f

Refute your facts?

Your facts have been refuted since December.

Here:

posted at 10/29/2013 2:39 AM EDT

• wozzy
    • First: 3/26/2005

14 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks per game if he can stay healthy, he's a particularly good offensive rebounder... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

With Bradley and Fav starting we were the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA, Fav was averaging less than three fouls a game as a starter.  

Those are what is commonly referred to as facts, learn the game...

No, wozzy, the Celts never became the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA with Fav and AB.

I am 100% sure you have no proof that the Celts became the 2nd best ranked defense because it never happened.

But feel free to share the link or whatever you have that said the Celts were the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

wozzy

Below is an article explaining why Fav is so horrible on defense.

While plus/minus can be a deceptive stat, Faverani has put up some pretty alarming numbers. Before Saturday night's win in Atlanta where he recorded a +7, Faverani had 5 straight games where he was -10 or worse. Accumulating a total of -81 in just 66 minutes played. That is astoundingly awful. More conclusively, heading into Friday night the Celtics were an accumlative -77 when Faverani was on the court, and dead even when he was on the bench. Double yikes.

Some of that can be explained by his defense. While Forsberg correctly notes that Faverani is an exceptionally talented one on one defensive player, he has shown to be lacking in the overall schemes. Quite simply, his foot speed could make Kendrick Perkins laugh. Faverani's size really seems to hurt his ability to cover ground. He really seems to labor to get and contest shots, and he's almost no ability to recover if someone gets a step on him - often leading to some really easy buckets for opponents. 

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/11/the-curious-case-of-vitor-faverani.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vitor can play defense? 

Just because he had 3 blocks it doesn't mean he played good defense.

[/QUOTE]

Just because he had 3 blocks, his opponent only scored 8 points and coach Stevens pointed out that the perimeter defenders for the Celtics were terrible allowing their guys to blow by them into the paint.

He also said prior to the game "I think you saw in our last game, Faverani was one of our better defenders, period," Stevens said. "He has ability to protect the rim... Hopefully a guy like that can make up for a few of your mistakes on the perimeter."

But I guess you know more than me and coach, why you aren't working for the C's with your vast storehouse of knowledge is beyond me.  

[/QUOTE]

This^

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

This is great, we post 190 times about a guy who never plays.  Sort of like Thornton with the Bruins or a backup  D lineman with the Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

No, wozzy, the Celts never became the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA with Fav and AB.

I am 100% sure you have no proof that the Celts became the 2nd best ranked defense because it never happened.

But feel free to share the link or whatever you have that said the Celts were the 2nd best ranked defense in the NBA this season.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics were ranked #2 in PPG allowed to start the season with Bradley and Fav starting, that is a fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is great, we post 190 times about a guy who never plays.  Sort of like Thornton with the Bruins or a backup  D lineman with the Pats

[/QUOTE]

On a tanking team what do you expect...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

The Celtics were ranked #2 in PPG allowed to start the season with Bradley and Fav starting, that is a fact.

Like I said, wozzy, show us the facts.

We can't just take your word for it because you're the type of person who lies and make excuses.

Just show the stats or whatever you have that proves you were right so that I'll stop roasting you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Do the math genius... your so smart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

But I guess you know more than me and coach, why you aren't working for the C's with your vast storehouse of knowledge is beyond me.  

It's not knowledge, wozzy.

The majority of us are just telling you what we see is really happening.

I never objected about Fav's 1 on 1 defense.

Yes, he can guard those opposing Centers.

But the NBA is not a 1 on 1 game.

Fav has to help out, play pick and roll defense, provide help defense, and take charges.

You don't have to have knowledge for that, all you have to do is open your eyes.

wozzy, nobody here is stupid enough to disagree with me that Fav is horrible on defense.

It's only you who refuses to adhere to the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Do the math genius... your so smart.

What math?

You're the one claiming that the Celtics were 2nd best defense in the NBA when AB and Fav were starters.

So prove it.

It's very obvious you can't prove it because it's not true.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Could we take out a hit on Faverani, of course I don't mean scoot him, just a Tanya Harding knee splot so he will quit and go home and we don't have to pay him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Could we take out a hit on Faverani, of course I don't mean scoot him, just a Tanya Harding knee splot so he will quit and go home and we don't have to pay him.

Actually Fav has a reasonable contract and it's only guaranteed until next season.

The 3rd year of his contract is non-guaranteed.

Come on, give Fav a chance, I mean wozzy considers him a legit starting NBA Center.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

The guy is not as bad as thought by this board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

The guy is not as bad as thought by this board.

Agree.

But is he a legit starting NBA Center who's already better than Omer Asik?

This fiasco started when wozzy, before the season started, said that Fav is already a legit starting NBA Center even when Fav has yet to play a single regular season game.

Now wozzy is telling us that the Celts are just hiding Fav, that when the Celts are contenders again, that's the time the Celts will start Fav at Center.

You be the judge.