Could it be Speights?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Could it be Speights?

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

We might me able to get him for a 2nd and Collins, Wilcox, etc.  He would help a lot and would be an upgrade on Wilcox or Collins but not worth a 1st round pick. They don't want Bass because if they are willing to give up Speights they are trying to free up salary and Bass would burden them with more. I think Bass is ok but not many teams are going to want him with the contract that he has.

Salaries have to match. Collins and Wilcox won't get it done because salaries won't match.

Who would want Collins?

Collins doesn't mean anything other than a guy to help make a trade work out. If other players are involved, Collins isn't going to be on anyones to do list other than a body at the 5 spot if needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Speights: 17-pts and 8-rebs last night against the Pistons! 

Would the Cavs agree to a Bass for Speights deal?

I doubt it but what do you think?  I thought players couldn't be traded again that quick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I am all for JJ, but Speights fills more of an immediate need. JJ can be had this summer as well (at no cost other than salary), if the Cs clear enough cap space.

Another elephant in the room is AB! He has one more year on his deal, and the Cs will have to decide if he is a part of their future! The only negatives with AB is his size and injury history. If DA does not believe AB is a part of Cs future, then he may trade him for JJ strait-up.

Note, I do not see this happening, just speculation on my part.

Bass still has to be included because Redick for AB can't be done because salaries won't match. 

If Orlando wants AB then Bass and AB for Redick. No draft picks involved.

noooooooo!

+10

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

I am guessing the Cavs are looking for a pick, OR a cap friendly young player! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

I am guessing the Cavs are looking for a pick, OR a cap friendly young player! 

If it's a pick then it would have to be a 1st round pick. I doubt Ainge would give up a 1st round pick for Speights because Speights becomes an unrestricted FA at the end of the season.

Young player would mean Bradley or Fab Melo. Not a good idea to give up Bradley or Melo for a player like Speights.

Unless, another trade takes place first! AND Speights is a part of DAs long term plan! 

DA stated the other day that RR needed to have the right players around him! Is Speights one of those players? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Unless, another trade takes place first! AND Speights is a part of DAs long term plan! 

DA stated the other day that RR needed to have the right players around him! Is Speights one of those players? 

We can never know for sure.

Time will tell! I still like the trade that you proposed a while ago involving PP to OKC! That would give us a 2nd 1st round draft pick and needed cap space! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I doubt it but what do you think?  I thought players couldn't be traded again that quick.

They can be traded that quick as long as they are not traded back to their original team.

I don't think the Cavs would just give away Speights for Bass. The Celts would have to add more. 

Yes but I couldn't give a number 1 pick for him..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Speights: 21-pts and 10-rebs tonight, in a win against OKC! This guy is young, athletic, talented, and available!! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Speights: 21-pts and 10-rebs tonight, in a win against OKC! This guy is young, athletic, talented, and available!! 

And again it would cost the Celtics a 1st round pick. 

If Ainge gives up the 1st round pick for Speights, I won't complain. But if Ainge thinks Speights is not worth giving up a 1st round pick, I wouldn't complain also.

Right now the Celts' pick is #15. That's one spot away from being a lottery pick.

We'll know for sure what Ainge does in less than 3 weeks.

Everytime we start smelling around a player, they up their game.  The question is who will play well with and without KG.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

And again it would cost the Celtics a 1st round pick. 

If Ainge gives up the 1st round pick for Speights, I won't complain. But if Ainge thinks Speights is not worth giving up a 1st round pick, I wouldn't complain also.

Right now the Celts' pick is #15. That's one spot away from being a lottery pick.

We'll know for sure what Ainge does in less than 3 weeks.

You have to wonder why Philly and Memphis cut this guy loose? I have not read about an injury history and or character issues! Does not make sense!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

You have to wonder why Philly and Memphis cut this guy loose? I have not read about an injury history and or character issues! Does not make sense!

I'll tell you why. He's only good at scoring.

And he's not considered a good rebounder for his size, 6-10 and his career rebounding average is only 4.3 rpg.

I believe he is only 25! Philly gave up on Speights and traded for Bynum! Wow! 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i don't like speights to much...to up and down all the time..i'd cheer for him if he was a celtic...but i would pass on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I'll tell you why. He's only good at scoring.

And he's not considered a good rebounder for his size, 6-10 and his career rebounding average is only 4.3 rpg.

I believe he is only 25! Philly gave up on Speights and traded for Bynum! Wow! 

Before Doug Collins became the coach of the Sixers, Speights was playing regularly. When Collins became coach, Speights got stuck on the bench. Doug Collins is a no nonsense guy, so if Collins think Speights is not that good, it must be true.

Wasn't it Collins who pulled the trigger on the Bynum trade? I like Doug Collins, but I think he is a better NBA analyst than coach! 

21. This post has been removed.