Could Rondo Lure DH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Could Rondo Lure DH?

I've generally been on the fence when it comes to the trade RR debate. It's not that I don't acknowledge his weaknesses -- and in general I favor ANY move that will bring #18 closer (pro sports is a business, after all, and business is no place to be sentimental). The main reason I haven't had much of an opinion either way is simply that it's just a theoretical exercise until we see the actual names involved in any trade for Rono. Until then it's impossible to assess whether or not the Celtics would actually be better off.

But let's face it, Rondo's play of late has been getting a lot of buzz -- justifiably so. And I'm wondering if anybody thinks Boston could possibly sneak back into the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. To be honest, that's been my main fear of doing a deal with the Lakers involving Rondo -- LA would in turn use RR as bait to get a deal with Howard done. I mean, what big man wouldn't want to be fed easy dunks all season long by a master facilitator? Perhaps if Rondo's season really has turned a corner -- and we see more of yesterday's heroics on a regular basis -- it might tempt the Association's best big man to come up north. 

Yes, I know Rondo's not a good shooter -- and his inexplicable ability to at least show modest improvement at the FT line is maddening. But you can't blame a fan for dreaming of a green lineup built around Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo. And you'd think a guy like Howard would at least consider a move to a team whose best in-his-prime player is a pass first shoot second talent. Is this a pipe dream, or does anybody think we're back in the hunt for DH?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Could Rondo Lure DH?

DH would probobaly like to play with d-will more....but how could you be against playing with a passer as good as rondo? not to mention playing in front of the best fans in the world

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Outside of the weather I never understood why Dwight didn't put Boston high on his list going into free agency. A pass first point guard and Paul Pierce would be the worst case scenario for his team of he was to sign with us. Signing Dwight gives us money to spare and we could potentially bring back Ray and KG at reduced prices and just try and add as much shooting and perimeter scoring as possible. When push comes to shove Dwight wants to be courted and feel wanted by any teams with cap space. I think we have a realistic outside show to sell him on Boston

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Could Rondo Lure DH?:
    [QUOTE]Outside of the weather I never understood why Dwight didn't put Boston high on his list going into free agency. A pass first point guard and Paul Pierce would be the worst case scenario for his team of he was to sign with us. Signing Dwight gives us money to spare and we could potentially bring back Ray and KG at reduced prices and just try and add as much shooting and perimeter scoring as possible. When push comes to shove Dwight wants to be courted and feel wanted by any teams with cap space. I think we have a realistic outside show to sell him on Boston
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

Well, think about these issues in Howard's mind:

In addition to the weather you mention (read:  women, clubs, endorsements, fun events off season, beautiful houses parties, etc):

1. Lack of the National media of NYC and LA
    2. Rondo is not a shooter so he and Rondo make a team struggle in the 4th qtr.
    3. DH and JWill are buddies.....and Rondo is not a buddy that I know of
    4. Pierce (and KG/Ray) are getting old so who else does he have to make this team a contender for years to come like the young OKC, Heat, and Clippers teams?

I hope he considers all of the counterbalancing forces, but I can understand his current thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Women?? We've got more women here in Boston than DH can ever shake his stick at! What's he waiting for?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Besides that, Rondo and DH are practically twins....both smile a lot, outgoing personalities.....LOL.
    Or maybe opposites attract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Could Rondo Lure DH?": [QUOTE]Women?? We've got more women here in Boston than DH can ever shake his stick at! What's he waiting for? Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE] Probably profited too, but they can't walk around in bikini's showing their stuff most of the year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Put Josh Howard in a Celtic uniform and DH sticks a pin in his map of "cities I'd most like to play in."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Oh absolutely I would have concerns about our crunch time scoring with Rondo and Dwight... But imagine how many open dunks Dwight would get with Rondo? Just consider how good we were are the beginning of last year when Shaq gave us all he had left. Rondo was averaging 15 assists per! With Rondo and Dwight it is so important to stockpile shooters

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Women?? We've got more women here in Boston than DH can ever shake his stick at! What's he waiting for?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

My "auto correct" function made my post sound crazy.  It should have read:

Probably prettier too, but they can't walk around in bikini's showing their stuff most of the year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think Boston is very much in play for Howard. It really comes down to two factors:

1. Does Dallas clear enough cap space to sign both Williams and Howard?

If yes, then Howard will go to the Mavericks. A Howard-Nowitzki-Williams team would be close to unstoppable. On the non-basketball factors, central Texas has beautiful buxom women, no state income tax, and mostly warm weather.

If Dallas doesn't clear enough cap space for both, there's a second question:

2. Does Williams return to his collegiate stomping grounds and sign with Dallas anyway?

If yes, then Howard has three choices: (a) re-sign with Orlando and face the status quo, (b) sign with a non-playoff Brooklyn team in a state with high income taxes whose best players would be Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, or (c) team up with Rondo, Pierce, and up to one other max player in Boston.

I honestly believe there's a better than 75% chance that Howard would pick the Celtics under this scenario. The Celtics would offer him the best supporting cast and a winning tradition he purported to care about when he first mentioned Boston as a possibility.

Other scenarios: Williams signs with Orlando (Howard stays with the Magic) and Williams re-signs with Brooklyn (Howard joins him there or teams with Nowitzki in Dallas).

Basically this comes down to the Mavericks. We need them to sign Williams without clearing any other cap space. That would make the Celtics Howard's best option. I don't see him coming to Boston otherwise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

or both DH & DWill to put their heads together and come to the conclusion that for them to play together their best option rests with both of them opting to play in Boston and announcing that they'd each extend deals to come here ... Why not?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

DH & DWill are not DH & Rivers ... or Gasol, or Jennings, or Kaman or etc, etc, etc, etc............................................................................

Get a job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1091977-dwight-howard-why-he-should-choose-to-join-rajon-rondo-not-deron-williams

Would you rather have your pt guard score 50 pts or would you rather be on the recieving end of 20 assists..???.I guarantee you this last Rondo masterpiece spoke loudly to DH or anybody else that likes to get his shots at a certain place, pt, and time..why do you think Koby would love to play with him....the game becomes easy when you have some one willing to give up the rock....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1091977-dwight-howard-why-he-should-choose-to-join-rajon-rondo-not-deron-williams Would you rather have your pt guard score 50 pts or would you rather be on the recieving end of 20 assists..???.I guarantee you this last Rondo masterpiece spoke loudly to DH or anybody else that likes to get his shots at a certain place, pt, and time..why do you think Koby would love to play with him....the game becomes easy when you have some one willing to give up the rock....
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

SI's Top 12 to build a team around per the players:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1203/nba.poll.franchise.player/content.1.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

My only question is was this poll taken before or after Rondo's monster game???
    If i had to guess, i would say before, which means he probably moves up a few notches..don't you think...??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Boston has not and never will be a team that DH wants to play for. He has never remotely said that he would consider Boston as a possible destination because he doesn't like Boston and why would he consider playing with a team that has The Ancient 3 and a pg that can't shoot?

Dream on but reality says:

DH will not be going to Boston.....period!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

sounds like pure jealous, inhibited frustration..that cap looks too tight..
    .la has a 7-11 in every corner and almost as many therapists, check it out....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]My only question is was this poll taken before or after Rondo's monster game??? If i had to guess, i would say before, which means he probably moves up a few notches..don't you think...??

Yeah, that makes sense ... at least ahead of Nash anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]sounds like pure jealous, inhibited frustration..that cap looks too tight.. .la has a 7-11 in every corner and almost as many therapists, check it out....

Portland ready to break ... Maybe LA can work Felton for Blake and filler ... that will be a big trade for them.

If DA succeeded in trading Ray for a big then he could get Jamal Crawford or Wesley Matthews from Portland.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1091977-dwight-howard-why-he-should-choose-to-join-rajon-rondo-not-deron-williams Would you rather have your pt guard score 50 pts or would you rather be on the recieving end of 20 assists..???.I guarantee you this last Rondo masterpiece spoke loudly to DH or anybody else that likes to get his shots at a certain place, pt, and time..why do you think Koby would love to play with him....the game becomes easy when you have some one willing to give up the rock....

The problem with that is both RR and DH can't get the rock in the last 2 minutes because they're both bad at the foul line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Rondo Lure DH? : Portland ready to break ... Maybe LA can work Felton for Blake and filler ... that will be a big trade for them. If DA succeeded in trading Ray for a big then he could get Jamal Crawford or Wesley Matthews from Portland.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Hey there Mr. Kathy Lee! Long time. 

Is that your latest ideas(not predictions)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Rondo Lure DH? : Hey there Mr. Kathy Lee! Long time.  Is that your latest ideas(not predictions)?
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

just reading fodder Fierce ... you should hide the 34 ... oh, never mind ... you did that with your usual icon with the #33 ... way to confuse your lemmings, you're always deceiving.

25. This post has been removed.