Courtney Lee Complains

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Courtney Lee Complains

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Courtney Lee will be thrilled if he gets traded to a playoff team like OKC or Portland.

[/QUOTE]

OKC doesn't need him ,a s Lamb and jackson are playing well off the bench.

but Portland......hmmm.

M. Leonard and the injured rookie McCollum might be interesting for Boston.

Adding Lee would add even more bench for Portland and Leonard isn't in thier rotation right now it seems.

since Le seems to be it and miss on playing time here  and with Rondo's return soon, it couldn't hurt the Celtics much in the short term.

since Leonard is a legit (size wise) Center, he would get some playing time here and McCollum wsa a top 10 pick last year who may nmot play this year I guess.

I wonder if Lee and a 2106 first round pick fro Leonard and McCollum would be a good deal for both teams?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[QUOTE]

kdp59

Courtney Lee is a vet who can help OKC in the playoffs.

Lee is also a better defender than Jeremy Lamb.

OKC can live with Lamb in the regular season, but the playoffs is a different story.

[/QUOTE]

Sefalosa is a prerry good defenive player.

Lamb is starting to look like the high draft pick he was.

Westbrook

Sefolasa

Jackson

Lamb

Fisher (what is he now 50yo)

they seem fairly set in the back court to me.

also I don't see a piece that the Celtics could get for Lee on OKC roster.

unless you want to take Perk back?

I do like your Portland idea though.

mcCollum and Leonard could end up being good young pieces for Boston.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The other side of this story is Lee is not that good! There are nights when he does "have it going" but those nights are few and far between.

He never squares up on a jump shot, always shooting from a less than perfectly balanced position.

Players earn playing time - Lee needs to understand that and get over himself!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Sefalosa is a prerry good defenive player.

Lamb is starting to look like the high draft pick he was.

Westbrook

Sefolasa

Jackson

Lamb

Fisher (what is he now 50yo)

they seem fairly set in the back court to me.

also I don't see a piece that the Celtics could get for Lee on OKC roster.

unless you want to take Perk back?

I do like your Portland idea though.

mcCollum and Leonard could end up being good young pieces for Boston.

No way Portland trades McCollum or Leonard for Lee.

I think OKC would do a Perk, PJ3, Ryan Gomes, and a 1st round pick for Bass and Lee trade.

Celts get another 1st round and save money at the same time by dumping Lee's contract.

OKC will become a deeper team with Bass and Lee coming off the bench.

Where do I sign!!! Love this trade!!

Strengthens OKC with the trade Houston turned down (except for draft pick)!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Lee to Sac for Thompson.

We'd get a legit, solid player.  Contracts are about the same, right? 

However, I don't think they'll get rid of Lee until we find out what Bradley and Crawford command on the open market.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

good..lee is crap anyway..and now he is a crybaby...brad stevens is far better coach than lee is a player...lee should shutup and listen to stevens..because stevens is going to be here for along time....who would like a scrub like lee anyway?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'd like to complain about Lee and his complaining

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah me too...but nobody would listen to us...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+100

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Courtney Lee for DeMarcus Cousins - straight up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Gee shines, think they might give us a number i draft with that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

onlyif we throw in Marshon Brooks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Courtney Lee is 100% right.  This has less to do with his performance and playing time yesterday but more to do with Brad Stevens' inconsistent substitution pattern.  The one indictment against Stevens is that he fails to ride the hot hand.  He did it yesterday again with AB on fire and then, all of a sudden, he takes him out of the game.  If he's on fire, leave him in the game.  These guys are in shape and can play a full quarter.

Against the Knicks (90-86 Celtics win), Lee had 18 points in 19 minutes but played only 3 minutes in the 4th quarter.  Something is fundementally wrong with that when a guy with a hot hand is on the bench in crunch time.

Stevens has to realize that there is nothing wrong with a player logging 40+ minutes if he's got it going.  There is never a time ON THIS TEAM when Courtney Lee should play only 8 minutes OF ANY GAME.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, if you are hot, you are hot stay till you're not or you tire out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

Courtney Lee will be thrilled if he gets traded to a playoff team like OKC or Portland.

[/QUOTE]

Trade him to OKC for Perry Jones III and spare parts to make $$$ match

Just remember, Ainge could have picked Perry Jones III and he picked Fab Melo , with the very next pick, OKC took Perry Jones III.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Courtney Lee is 100% right.  This has less to do with his performance and playing time yesterday but more to do with Brad Stevens' inconsistent substitution pattern.  The one indictment against Stevens is that he fails to ride the hot hand.  He did it yesterday again with AB on fire and then, all of a sudden, he takes him out of the game.  If he's on fire, leave him in the game.  These guys are in shape and can play a full quarter.

Against the Knicks (90-86 Celtics win), Lee had 18 points in 19 minutes but played only 3 minutes in the 4th quarter.  Something is fundementally wrong with that when a guy with a hot hand is on the bench in crunch time.

Stevens has to realize that there is nothing wrong with a player logging 40+ minutes if he's got it going.  There is never a time ON THIS TEAM when Courtney Lee should play only 8 minutes OF ANY GAME.

[/QUOTE]

1+

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True but after 8 minutes of playing time and there are nothing but goose eggs on the stat sheet..time to sub!
    Lee has had his moments but is not effective with a D like the wizards play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

heirplain, if that were true, Jeff Green would be sitting the pine a whole lot.  It takes more than 3 shots in an 8 minute span to get involved in a game.

Washington's defense is #15 in points allowed.  Ours is #6 of which Lee is a big part.

Again, Lee is currently our best backup guard and he needs to be on the court.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There is never a time ON THIS TEAM when Courtney Lee should play only 8 minutes OF ANY GAME."

I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure Stevens and Ainge have talked and agree that Lee is not part of this team's future. Guys need playing time to either develop or show what they have or have a chance to do that. 

We know what we have in Lee, and he's not long for this team. This season is not about compiling wins but about developing and evaluating talent. 

Lee has played well enough compared to his so-so play last year to establish his trade value. I think it's fine if he sits. 

Stevens substituation patterns, well, that's another discussion and you have a point there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I like Lee but he has never lived up to the hype that brought him here. He has played better this season but was awful last year playing for Doc who loves vets and brought him in here.  He should be packaged with someone to make a trade happen if he is going to be a distraction to the team.