CP3 trade back on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

CP3 trade back on.

Gets done by this weekend with same teams involved.  Stay tuned.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: CP3 trade back on.

In Response to CP3 trade back on.:
    [QUOTE]Gets done by this weekend with same teams involved.  Stay tuned.
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Yes, but with instruction to Dell Demps to improve salary flexibility, get more draft picks, dump Okafor, etc.

NO is under the cap.  They can fill positions by signing free agents.  If they improve the salary flexibility and collect draft picks, they may be more attractive to a buyer.

Clearly, the new deal will have to look a lot different otherwise Stern will look stupid.  It will take some wizardry to make new pieces fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Your source greeneater?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/New-Orleans-Hornets-GM-has-autonomy-to-do-another-Chris-Paul-deal-120911

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It has to be Okafor and Bynum - I feel owners will NOT sign off on this deal unless Bynum is included.....they can all see it is a domino effect - it is the first of two moves - don't know why the lakers think the rest of the league is so stupid!!  OR, Howard could get traded first, that would do it, too!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

unless the league penalizes the Nets I think Howard gets traded.....I can only assume he has agreed to sign if he gave the ok to make the trade.....Orlando gets a very good center in Lopez (hell, I'd take him in a heartbeat)...and 2 #1's...?  .....how could Stern void that one..?  ...unless (1) they want to punish NJ or (2) they want Howard in LA.....I'd guess its door number two....we shall see....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 trade back on.:
    [QUOTE]unless the league penalizes the Nets I think Howard gets traded.....I can only assume he has agreed to sign if he gave the ok to make the trade.....Orlando gets a very good center in Lopez (hell, I'd take him in a heartbeat)...and 2 #1's...?  .....how could Stern void that one..?  ...unless (1) they want to punish NJ or (2) they want Howard in LA.....I'd guess its door number two....we shall see....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

If the lakers get them both, I'm done!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Does anyone think they'll need to get other teams involved to secure the "younger talent" it's been rumored that Stern wants sent to Nawlins.....

Also, unrelated (or maybe not), is there any word on Jeff Green's situation?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 trade back on.:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone think they'll need to get other teams involved to secure the "younger talent" it's been rumored that Stern wants sent to Nawlins..... Also, unrelated (or maybe not), is there any word on Jeff Green's situation?
    Posted by jallen1952-formelyJallen3531[/QUOTE]

Signed a 1-year deal to stay in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Danny needs to get back in this thing.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The league shouldn't allow the Lakers (or any team for that matter) to assemble a roster with three superstars, unless they're homegrown. Two is plenty. Competitive balance would suffer too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bynum, Odom, Blake, and an LA draft pick in exchange for Okafor and Paul is the EXACT trade I said last February would make sense for both teams and was fair and something to look out for.

It is fair, and it is one that the commish should sign off on. It saves NO money and gives them a young center who could be a 20-12 guy if healthy.

Houston's involvement should still happen... only if NO wants Scoal/Martin over Bynum.

With Kone being 33 and Paul 26 it makes more sense for LA to keep the 31 year old Gasol (or take Ariza/Scola with Gasol ending up in Houston) over keeping Bynum for the 2-3 year Kobe window.

14. This post has been removed.