CP3 will NOT come to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

CP3 will NOT come to Boston

CP3 wants to the same thing as LBJ; go to a team that will be a contender for 5-6 years.  This will give him a realistic shot a 2-3 titles.

Coming to Boston gives him a 2 year window only.

Would trade Rondo in a second for CP3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: CP3 will NOT come to Boston

In Response to Re: CP3 will NOT come to Boston:
    Torn meniscus can vary in terms of severity depending on how much cartlidge "meniscus" is removed. When I had my first meniscus repair surgery, I tore about 1/3 of my meniscus. It was surgically sewed back in. This was a long rehab process. I reinjured the same knee and the same meniscus area about 5 years later. The meniscus was too shredded to sew back in. Therefore 30-40 percent of my right meniscus was removed. That was the end of my basketball days as the stability of my right knee was gone and I also get bone to bone rubbing. I'm a long retired gym rat. I miss playing, but I don't miss leg surgeries and the rehabilitation after surgery.
    Posted by mem17

Yeah, I read about that a few minutes ago. I hope CP3 continues on 100%, it would be a tragedy if he never was the same again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Torn meniscus can vary in terms of severity depending on how much cartlidge "meniscus" is removed. When I had my first meniscus repair surgery, I tore about 1/3 of my meniscus. It was surgically sewed back in. This was a long rehab process. I reinjured the same knee and the same meniscus area about 5 years later. The meniscus was too shredded to sew back in. Therefore 30-40 percent of my right meniscus was removed. That was the end of my basketball days as the stability of my right knee was gone and I also get bone to bone rubbing. I'm a long retired gym rat. I miss playing, but I don't miss leg surgeries and the rehabilitation after surgery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

When healthy Chris Paul is the best player in basketball. Rondo is probably the 4th or 5th best point guard in the NBA.  Thus far "knock on wood" Rondo is not injury prone, but CP is. CP can't win games when he's on the injured list.
      I meant to print the best point guard in basketball rather than the best player. My mistake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There will be other guys developing in 2-3 years. NY & Miami will not be the only teams in the NBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Kg is off the books in 2 years. That is 21mill per. Something tells me ray will retire after 2 years........we'll be able to be competive for 2 seasons & get younger in years 3 & 4....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I wouldn't say CP3 is injury prone, I think last season was the first season he missed a few games.

I read he was suffering from a torn meniscus in his left knee, which you can fully recover from in a few months. He had some nagging ankle injuries this past season too, but I expect him to be fully healthy for the start of next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Rondo can become an 80% FT shooter with a money J he is a better player than CP3.

Even at his '10 form, he is younger, cheaper, more durable and better on D and rebounding. The gap between them is not that large, esp considering we have yet to see if the old Chris Paul returns for the next 3-4 seasons.

Rondo should only improve more. If he does not become a better shooter then I'd do a swap... but he should. (PLEASE RONDO!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I just don't see Rondo improving his shooting, unless he works on those mechanics.

Bring that elbow in, execute a better followthrough.

I don't know, I just think Rondo is what he is. The Lakers provided the blueprint on how to beat us by turning him into a jumpshooter, something he's not comfortable doing, and clogging the lane in the process by sagging off of him.

CP3 has the full attention of defenses, even while injured.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyhow, NOH have Collison, he is very promising at the point... a swap taking back Rondo simpy puts the franchise in the same spot the next few years... paying 10+ million to a young PG, when they have another young PG, and a middling roster

They need to trade Paul while also somehow dumping Peja or Posey's contract in the process (If we can't get a better player like Battier, then I would trade Sheed for Posey @ even money).

PG - Collison is the future here. He averaged 14.5 points and 5.5 assists when Paul was hurt.

SG - They need to play Marcus Thornton a bucnh at SG, he really tore it up at the end of the year

SF - They need to give Julian Wright one last chance here to show the pre-draft promise he had. Play him more mins that Posey or Peja, whoever remains and see what happens. First rd pick Quincy Pondesxter should get a shot as well.

PF - Once Paul is gone they also need to trade West. He has a very appealing contract of 8.5m next year and a 7.5m player option. If he is not on a contender he is likely going to leave after this season. He is an 18-8 guy that can be the 3rd or 4th best player on a contender and bring back value in a trade. 1st rd pick Craig Brackens should be given a chance.

C - They are def stuck w/ Okafor's 52 million over the next 4 years. He would be great as a 28 min per game guy who swings between C and PF on a team that has starter quality guys at both spots. NO needs to not wear him out battling bigger C's and just wait for 2 years down the road when he might be that type of highly useful big to help make a playoff run at only age 29 when the rest of the team matures.

Get young assets and draft picks for Paul (and West). Play a lineup of Collison - Thornton - Wright/Pondexter - Brackens and Okafor around what the tardes bring in. Thry need bigs and a top 6-7 lotto pick next year. Then by the 2012-13 season they could be and scary young team like atlanta and OKC were the past few years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 will NOT come to Boston : Pretty big if's. If Shaq had work ethic and hit 70+ from the line he might have been the most dominate player ever. You don't just get a money J. Although Tony Parker and Kidd ended up getting decent ones and they sucked at first.
    Posted by tompenny

right

Shaq missed out on like 4-5 THOUSAND more points in his career w/ poor FT shooting

My point remains, that if Rondo can get his FT #'s and jump shot to at least the average at his position, then he is better than Paul

If Rondo just gets to like 72-74% from the line with a slow to improve jumper, and Chris Paul is 100% and back to 06-09 form, then he is easily the superior PG despite defense/rebounding disparity

New Orleans should not be trading Paul for a PG anyhow

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to CP3 will NOT come to Boston:
    CP3 wants to the same thing as LBJ; go to a team that will be a contender for 5-6 years.  This will give him a realistic shot a 2-3 titles. Coming to Boston gives him a 2 year window only. Would trade Rondo in a second for CP3.
    Posted by greenpride32

So who ever thought he would come to Boston?? Pretty much nobody!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 will NOT come to Boston : right Shaq missed out on like 4-5 THOUSAND more points in his career w/ poor FT shooting
    Posted by rameakap

That is not true, if he was a better FT shooter he would have been fouled less because the Hack-a-Shaq would never have developed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

He won't come to Boston cause of his spat with Rondo.