Crazy Idea!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

Crazy Idea!

Okay,

This "assumes" a lot!  BUT, if Pierce & Garnett stay on for another year AND if the C's can attract a big name player (like Josh Smith).  What about starting Green and bringing Pierce off the bench as 6th man?  A fellow by the name of K McHale flourished in that role.

Cutting some minutes like that might extend his career, and he would still be on the floor and a likely go-to guy at the end of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Crazy Idea!

we won;t have the cap space to add a Josh Smith type salary, if Pierce , Garnett and Rondo are still here next year.

something like $39M right there

add in Green- $9M

Bass- $6M

Lee & Terry at $5M each

well...you get the point.

Unless some major injury strikes...I see Pierce and KG playing next year and then heading off to the Hall of Fame together.

Ainge just needs to forget about trading them and let them finish their ride as Celtics.

We ARE a competitive team right now (see last night) and will be next year.

pieces are in place for after 2014 also:

Rondo ( most likely)

Bradley

Green

Sullinger

Lee

add 2 first round draft picks

$27M($32M with Terry gone) in cap space...enough for ONE star player and an additional solid starter.

I'd say Ainger has done a pretty good job of sitting the team up for now and the future, despite what I personally think of his GM abilities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Crazy Idea!

In response to SavCeltic's comment:

Okay,

This "assumes" a lot!  BUT, if Pierce & Garnett stay on for another year AND if the C's can attract a big name player (like Josh Smith).  What about starting Green and bringing Pierce off the bench as 6th man?  A fellow by the name of K McHale flourished in that role.

Cutting some minutes like that might extend his career, and he would still be on the floor and a likely go-to guy at the end of the game.

I believe that at some point Green may indeed start over Pierce.  It is definitely a possibility for next season.  Just not sure what other changes Danny will make during the offseason.