Credit the Win to Marquis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Credit the Win to Marquis

Those who watched the Celtics/Pacers game know what I'm talking about.

It's a good thing I said earlier that the Celtics are better off with Daniels than TA.

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Credit the Win to Marquis

Agreed, Marquis played real good tonight. He should get more time handling the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Excellent game by Daniels. You know when he played with Dallas and even with Indiana he used to have lots of those.  He has been sold all season maybe this game will get him that confidence to be that player he used to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This is why I asked the question the other day about Quis being a backup PG or backup SF? He may be better suited handling the ball and playing against smaller players.

Doc may have stumpled onto something here...a big lineup with Quis at PG.

Great game by Daniels!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis:
    [QUOTE]This is why I asked the question the other day about Quis being a backup PG or backup SF? He may be better suited handling the ball and playing against smaller players. Doc may have stumpled onto something here...a big lineup with Quis at PG. Great game by Daniels!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you changed your mind, that you no longer want to trade JO and Daniels for Posey?

Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

posted at 12/20/2010 9:34 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/28/2010
    JON has said he wants to retire a Pacer. Well I'm all for giving him his wish before the trading deadline and before he goes back on the injury list.

JON and Daniels for Posey. Perk comes back and Posey gives us more versatility than Daniels and better defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

P34, you just answered my question in another thread! thank you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

To be honest I would still do that trade. Sorry!

I gave Quis his props but I think he's a better guard than he is a SF.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]To be honest I would still do that trade. Sorry! I gave Quis his props but I think he's a better guard than he is a SF.

That statement totally makes no sense.

HAHAHA!!!

Like it makes any difference to the Celtic offense if Daniels is a SG or a SF. In case you didn't notice Doc usually has Daniels in there with Pierce or Ray. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm convinced you don't know basketball.

If you have PP, RA and Quis on the floor at the same time who do you think the opponent will match up their guards with...geez! Not PP!!

RA and Quis in the backcourt if Doc goes big. Study the game man and stop playing NBA Live.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I will never understand why Rivers sometimes has Ray run the offense. Tonight he had three turnovers in a row trying to start plays. The plays should end with Ray, not start with Ray. Daniels, Nate, and Bradley or even Pierce should run the offense while Rondo is out. I think this might have been Daniels best game as a Celtic.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

There you go again, blaming Ray for Avery Bradley's struggles? Don't pretend that you're blind! I know you saw Bradley play in the 2nd qtr., what happened?

In the 3rd qtr. when Daniels was the PG the Celtics came back and cut the lead to just 1 point heading into the 4th. No Bradley the Celtics thrived.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm convinced you don't know basketball. If you have PP, RA and Quis on the floor at the same time who do you think the opponent will match up their guards with...geez! Not PP!! RA and Quis in the backcourt if Doc goes big. Study the game man and stop playing NBA Live.

Not only am I a fan of the Celtics, I'm a basketball player as well. Not the pros but I certainly know a lot of basketball.

It's pretty obvious that you're not familiar with the Celtics' system. Doc always takes advantage of mismatches, when Collison was on Ray the ball went to Ray. It's about mismatches, the SG and the SF are interchangeable in the Celtics system.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm convinced you don't know basketball. If you have PP, RA and Quis on the floor at the same time who do you think the opponent will match up their guards with...geez! Not PP!! RA and Quis in the backcourt if Doc goes big. Study the game man and stop playing NBA Live.

Says you, the man who said the Celtics SHOULD SIGN MIKKI MOORE!

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Hello there you go contradicting yourself again. What NBA coach doesn't try to take advantage of mismatches. This is why I said if Doc goes big with RA and Quis in the backcourt it's to the C's advantage.

Keep up man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : Sorry, I disagree. Watch the game again. Ray ran the point and committed three straight turnovers, and you blame Bradley. The same thing happens whenever Rivers starts a play with Ray. The play should end with Ray, not start with him.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Ray and Bradley were on the court together but Ray was running the point, right?

Why is that? 

When Daniels took over in the 3rd qtr. the Celtics were thriving, right?

Did Avery Bradley play again in the 3rd qtr.? 

Why is that?

Didn't it ever occur to you that maybe Avery Bradley is NOT A PG!

He certainly was not a PG in college, that's for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Hello there you go contradicting yourself again. What NBA coach doesn't try to take advantage of mismatches. This is why I said if Doc goes big with RA and Quis in the backcourt it's to the C's advantage. Keep up man!

That's why I said the SG and SF are interchangeable.

You said Daniels is better as a SG than a SF, hello! 

INTERCHANGEABLE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why are you riding Bradley? He's a rookie. He isn't even suppose to be playing right now. He would be in the D-League if West were playing. Give the guy a break.

Ray isn't a good ballhandler, he's a shooter. He shouldn't handle the ball too much but sometimes he has too especially when you lose Rondo, Nate and West. It's not pretty though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Just as I posted that Daniels should have been guarding Jameer Nelson in the 4th quarter on Christmas Day, someone on the Cs coaching staff had that belief too. Nate can't guard his shadow. Great adjustment Cs!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why are you riding Bradley? He's a rookie. He isn't even suppose to be playing right now. He would be in the D-League if West were playing. Give the guy a break. Ray isn't a good ballhandler, he's a shooter. He shouldn't handle the ball too much but sometimes he has too especially when you lose Rondo, Nate and West. It's not pretty though.

You know why? Gabe Pruitt, Lester Hudson, and Orien Green did a better job at the point. 

Not ready is not an excuse! If he's not ready then he should have stayed in college.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : Bradley will have a better career than any of the people you mentioned. His defense is terrific.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

But right now he sux, plain and simple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : You know why? Gabe Pruitt, Lester Hudson, and Orien Green did a better job at the point.  Not ready is not an excuse! If he's not ready then he should have stayed in college.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Wow and you talk about me having knee-jerk reactions and not giving JON time. Um, let's see Bradley has played in how many games?? 15 maybe? You're already comparing him to those guys? Pruitt had plenty of chances to prove himself but never stepped up. Bradley will be better after the All Star break and next year. Basketball is nothing but confidence and he's playing nervous right now. He'll get better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

How or why is thread about Bradley?????  A rookie on a team trying to get banner 18 is not going to be an important piece.  He is not going to make or break this championship run.  give it a break already, it's getting old!!!

Quis made the right decisions tonight when he had a mismatch and that is to punish the smaller player by posting up, backing them down and turning over them and shooting.