Cs can't trade Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Cs can't trade Rondo

Season has been over for Cs since early May.   Since then you plan all senerios.   Draft and trades on draft day.   The Doc Rivers situation (I wouldn't want to coach a non playoff team either) which we already know DA didn't plan well.   If he did he woulda known that you can't trade a coach like you do players and there wouldn't have been a magnifying glass over the Cs with respect to other deals w/ the Clips.   KG and PP.   Other free agents.   Lots to do.  
       But the Cs now (and I don't want them too) can't trade RR.   They made no plan B for that senerio.   If they were, then they would need another pg.   They haven't had one since Cassell 5 seasons ago.   If they even thought about trading RR, then they shoulda drafted Dennis Schroeder of Germany as a future pg.   Instead they got a player in Olynyk who may not be strong enough to play in the league.   There is a good chance that only 2 (Sully and Bradley) of DA's last 16(!) draft choices make the team to give some contribution!!!   I know that goes over many of your heads.   We will see.   The Schroeder kid maybe woulda been a good pick to even play w/ RR as no one on the team now can dribble besides RR (JG and AB can't dribble).  
       Again, as I say, no planning by DA.   No creativity.  If Cs do have 6 picks in the next 2drafts, then DA will blow them like he has the past 6 years.   Maybe anybody can draft a concensus 1st pick.   But, what if it's #5 (see Telfair)?   DA won't know what to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Cs can't trade Rondo

Seems logical they would trade for the partners point guard.

i think Crawford and ab will both have the ball some with the 2nd unit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Season has been over for Cs since early May.   Since then you plan all senerios.   Draft and trades on draft day.   The Doc Rivers situation (I wouldn't want to coach a non playoff team either) which we already know DA didn't plan well.   If he did he woulda known that you can't trade a coach like you do players and there wouldn't have been a magnifying glass over the Cs with respect to other deals w/ the Clips.   KG and PP.   Other free agents.   Lots to do.  
       But the Cs now (and I don't want them too) can't trade RR.   They made no plan B for that senerio.   If they were, then they would need another pg.   They haven't had one since Cassell 5 seasons ago.   If they even thought about trading RR, then they shoulda drafted Dennis Schroeder of Germany as a future pg.   Instead they got a player in Olynyk who may not be strong enough to play in the league.   There is a good chance that only 2 (Sully and Bradley) of DA's last 16(!) draft choices make the team to give some contribution!!!   I know that goes over many of your heads.   We will see.   The Schroeder kid maybe woulda been a good pick to even play w/ RR as no one on the team now can dribble besides RR (JG and AB can't dribble).  
       Again, as I say, no planning by DA.   No creativity.  If Cs do have 6 picks in the next 2drafts, then DA will blow them like he has the past 6 years.   Maybe anybody can draft a concensus 1st pick.   But, what if it's #5 (see Telfair)?   DA won't know what to do.

We don't want to be too good next year anyway if we're to have a chance at Wiggins. Sit Rondo, get Gerald Henderson and parlay him with Pressey to get thru the season. Might as well be as bad as possible and then return from the ashes like a pheonix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

rondo will play, and he will be traded mid-season earliest.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

RR playing and having a poor record is not opposites.   Kyrie Irving is better than RR and the Cavs had one of the worse records.   When Jabbar played, I believe the Bucks had a bad record before they obtained more players and Big O.   You have to have multiple good players to win in the NBA.   Say the senerio of the Cs getting a Wiggins or Parker (I myself haven't seen either play.   The said Muhammed was all world coming out of HS and he may be less than average).   You would want them to start their careers playing w/ some all-star talent.
       Fierce34:   do you really want to trade RR for J Lin?   Why?   If you were sitting in the GMs office on Causeway St then you would really pull that trigger (or are you just playing Monopoly)?   I can understand PP and KG in the twilight of their careers and DA couldn't put pieces around them like T Duncan has.   Whatever happened to the Red Auerbach philosophy of Cs players for life if they are all-stars (sorry Cornbread).   I don't believe the DA story bout Red keeping Larry and Kevin too long.   That is his own ego speaking because of he being traded.   Think about it.   Red ever trading those two...I don't think so.   They were to much of his pride.   Just like the assembly of the trade for Russell and putting together that Russell era.   Again.   I don't believe all the DA hype.   Why did he just tell DA.   I never heard anyone else tell that 'he shoulda traded Larry and Kevin' story.   (Parrish's age in the 90s coulda been another story).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Terrible analysis by you. 

You might try hitting the paragraph button every once in a while? 

Anyhow, I can't follow your frantic stream of conciousness, but you lost me at:

"The Doc Rivers situation (I wouldn't want to coach a non playoff team either) which we already know DA didn't plan well. "

What are you talking about? Ainge handled that very well. He had Doc locked into a long term contract so that he was able to get compensation for Doc. It's rare for a coach to be exchanged for assets and Doc got a first round pick out of it. 

You do realize how rare it is to be able to move a coach and get compensation in return, right? 

So, I figured if you are so blind you can't see that basic reality there isn't much point in reading the rest of your argument. 

You sound pretty bitter dude. It's actually been a good run with KG and Pierce. Yeah, maybe they left one ring on the table but it was hardly a faliure. Originally it was envisioned as a three year plan. 

In retrospect they probably hung on one year too long but overall I've enjoyed this last period as a Celts fan a great deal. 

Ainge if far from perfect but his strength is drafting and identifying young talent. Rondo at 22. I'm not going to list them all for you here, you could stand to look them up. Drafting is not perfection, all teams blow it from time to time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I think Rondo's biggest asset right now is that Josh Smith wants to play with him.  DA should be going to the teams most interested in J'Smoove, and trying to convince them that if they really want him they need Rondo.  

See who offers the best package, (IMO the Pistons have the most to offer) and take it.

I hate the idea of a Boston team tanking as if they were the Bobcats or something, but it really seems like the direction Danny is going unfortunately.  

I wish we were trying to build around Rondo, Green, Sully/Bradley.  But I don't think Rondo is going to sit by, watch all his buddies go create semi-super teams and compete. All-the-while he waits for the development of an, as yet, unknown lottery pick who may or may not be a superstar in 4 years.

That is asking too much of a guy who is a true competitor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Sure they can, and i say they will.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

But, what if it's #5 (see Telfair)?   DA won't know what to do.

If it's #5, he'd trade for Ray Allen, which would attract Kevin Garnett and then raise a banner in the greatest loss/win turnaround in one season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marist83. Show Marist83's posts

Plan B is Phil Pressey whom DA signed to play in the summer league.  Saw some of his highlights.  He's a PG who can definitely shoot way better than Rondo.  So we have already have a point guard and if this doesn't work, make there's Bradley.  We're not looking to win a lot of games anyway for next season so might as well clear more cap space.  Now that Rivers is gone, play the kids:  Melo, Olynyk, Pressey (if things work out in summer league), Marshon Brooks, Kris Joseph.  If I'm Danny I'll make Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, & Bradley as the new leaders of the team.  We still have Sully.  Sign one of either Randolph or White then trade Rondo, Wallace, & Bass.  Play Humpries since his contract is expiring anyway especially if Iverson will be stashed in Europe for a year.

PG   Pressey, Bradley

SG   Lee, Brooks

SF   Green, Joseph

PF   Humpries, Olynyk

C    Randolph, Melo, Iverson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Marist83's comment:

Plan B is Phil Pressey whom DA signed to play in the summer league.  Saw some of his highlights.  He's a PG who can definitely shoot way better than Rondo.  So we have already have a point guard and if this doesn't work, make there's Bradley.  We're not looking to win a lot of games anyway for next season so might as well clear more cap space.  Now that Rivers is gone, play the kids:  Melo, Olynyk, Pressey (if things work out in summer league), Marshon Brooks, Kris Joseph.  If I'm Danny I'll make Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, & Bradley as the new leaders of the team.  We still have Sully.  Sign one of either Randolph or White then trade Rondo, Wallace, & Bass.  Play Humpries since his contract is expiring anyway especially if Iverson will be stashed in Europe for a year.

PG   Pressey, Bradley

SG   Lee, Brooks

SF   Green, Joseph

PF   Humpries, Olynyk

C    Randolph, Melo, Iverson

Now that is a TANK team!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

[QUOTE]

If it's #5, he'd trade for Ray Allen, which would attract Kevin Garnett and then raise a banner in the greatest loss/win turnaround in one season. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget we also had PP here to draw KG.  If we just had a bunch of young guys and cap room, then we got Ray Allen, it would not have been enough to get KG to agree to come here.  No, it really will be Top 3 pick or bust, if we get hosed in the lottery we are screwed.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

In response to johconn's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget we also had PP here to draw KG.  If we just had a bunch of young guys and cap room, then we got Ray Allen, it would not have been enough to get KG to agree to come here.  No, it really will be Top 3 pick or bust, if we get hosed in the lottery we are screwed.  

[/QUOTE]

Danny will trade all these picks before they ever wear green.  A huge move or moves will be made in the next year. Rondo will be traded when Ainge can maximize his value. There is no reason to rush.   Josh Smith is like Rondo a talented player who can't shoot or pull it all together.  Stay away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"The Doc Rivers situation (I wouldn't want to coach a non playoff team either) which we already know DA didn't plan well. "

What are you talking about? Ainge handled that very well. He had Doc locked into a long term contract so that he was able to get compensation for Doc. It's rare for a coach to be exchanged for assets and Doc got a first round pick out of it. 

You do realize how rare it is to be able to move a coach and get compensation in return, right? 

Great point!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You all know that Danny is not going to give Rondo away. He may well trade him, but i'll repeat what I've said before, we need at least as much as Philly got in return for Jrue Holiday: two top first round picks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Danny keep Rondo and deal Jeff at some point for the same type of deal: a 2014 and 2016 first round pick. Jeff can make a lot of teams instantly better as contenders.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

RR playing and having a poor record is not opposites.   Kyrie Irving is better than RR and the Cavs had one of the worse records.   When Jabbar played, I believe the Bucks had a bad record before they obtained more players and Big O.   You have to have multiple good players to win in the NBA.   Say the senerio of the Cs getting a Wiggins or Parker (I myself haven't seen either play.   The said Muhammed was all world coming out of HS and he may be less than average).   You would want them to start their careers playing w/ some all-star talent.
       Fierce34:   do you really want to trade RR for J Lin?   Why?   If you were sitting in the GMs office on Causeway St then you would really pull that trigger (or are you just playing Monopoly)?   I can understand PP and KG in the twilight of their careers and DA couldn't put pieces around them like T Duncan has.   Whatever happened to the Red Auerbach philosophy of Cs players for life if they are all-stars (sorry Cornbread).   I don't believe the DA story bout Red keeping Larry and Kevin too long.   That is his own ego speaking because of he being traded.   Think about it.   Red ever trading those two...I don't think so.   They were to much of his pride.   Just like the assembly of the trade for Russell and putting together that Russell era.   Again.   I don't believe all the DA hype.   Why did he just tell DA.   I never heard anyone else tell that 'he shoulda traded Larry and Kevin' story.   (Parrish's age in the 90s coulda been another story).

The Celtics rode the original Big 3 off into the sunset and, coupled with the tragic and untimely deaths of Bias and Lewis, condemned themselves to 20 years of wandering in the NBA wilderness by this action.

Trading any or all of them would have been a public relations disaster of unfathomable proportions.

That, like it or not, was the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the living room.

The thing I'm always struck by in your posts is your sense of believing you know more about basketball than someone who played the game well enough to win titles and be an all star, as well as grow in to being named NBA Executive of the Year.

I dunno - maybe you do, but you're certainly not as credentialed as Ainge.

As for me, I'll take Ainge running the show over you any day of the week, and on a month of Sundays.

But that's just me...Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

BTS:  how is DA so smart?   Maybe it was Doc who wanted long term security.   Yea, I know many of you think DA is next to the man above.   He has a crystal ball that DelNegro was gonna get fired and CP3 would request Doc (I woulda wanted KG).   Get real.
       RR is a triple-double guy.   Many of you think just plug in another player and get same results.   Pressey!   Paleeze.   He's not an NBA player.   Just a good college player.   RR is suppose to question his coach sometimes.   Can't be a robot as a player.   Often the coach never could make the pros or the player is better than the coach ever was.   I want a player who can think for himself.   In football, coaches don't want players who do well on Wunderluck (?) test cause the player will think too much for themselves.   Those are losing coaches.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Jayco,  being an ex-NBAer doesn't mean all that much.   Sometimes it's just short term luck like DA will have.   Also, maybe even Joe Dumars.   DA was out the door until McHale baled him out (and lost his job.   one was gonna lose theirs and KM was the lamb).
       So DA was 6'5".   So he could become a pro.   That doesn't mean b-ball knowledge is only for the vertically advantaged.   Red was ____.   John Wooden was ____.   How tall is RC of the Spurs.   Where is Isiah Thomas, Steve Kerr and so on and so on.   The McDonough guy on the now Suns was a reporters son.   Access to the owner is how people get these jobs.   Not neccessarily knowledge.   Ernie Grundfeld has been GM and helping Wizzards lose forever.   DA is on his way of losing cause he can't judge talent regardless of what you or I say.   Picks like Lafrenz, Telfair, Courtney Lee, Scals, Jeff Green, Vin Baker.   These are some of the worse pickup for a team trying to win 'ships' and giving big contracts at the same time.   Should I add Blount... lol!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

RR was ? 6 or 7 years ago!!!   The only players DA can aquire who are any good are older, established players who anybody knows how good or bad they are.   All of us coulda judged them.   Their 10+ yrs of balling was their resume.   2/14 draft picks have stuck (Melo don't have a chance for a winning team).   These two new picks are questionable (we'll see next week and I do want to keep an open mind).   Who is the best young, astute pick that DA has picked up? .... Jeff Green?  lol.   If he was any good the Cs woulda advanced this year.   If he was any good then teams would be rumoring to aquire him.   He's not better than PP who is ten years older.   JG will NEVER be an all-star.   Can't dribble, play D nor rebound (esp for his height).   One 'woo and ha' dunk and blocked shot per game ain't gonna get it.   He sought JG over Harden (lol)!   Your guy DA.   Yea, right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

rondo will play, and he will be traded mid-season earliest.

We're not even sure Rondo will be playing in November.

Agree.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rondo isn't back until Christmas.  No one really knows when he will be back.  Rose missed the entire season last year.  A team may still take a chance and try to trade for him before he returns.